[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that our internet history is available for sale. Whats stopping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: !1395379728347.jpg (72KB, 273x246px) Image search: [Google]
!1395379728347.jpg
72KB, 273x246px
Now that our internet history is available for sale. Whats stopping the government from watching you because you google lolicon on a regular basis?
As if they didn't already watch you for googling such things. Now they don't need any excuses to do what they do. If someone was rich enough, they could purchase your internet history and see that you googled niggerfaggot a week ago. How does this new law work?
>>
>>59630129
>implying anyone wants to buy some poorfag's data
The real losers here are celebrities
>>
>>59630129
Nothing, they were already watching. What's new is that other paying corporations will be watching also.
>>
>>59630144
i interpreted it as your big evil company digging up shit on you if they want to get rid of you
>>
>>59630146
>they were already watching.
No shit. Of course they were. The only difference is now there's nothing holding them back from using what they find as admissible evidence in court.
If they were watching before, they were doing it illegally. Now they can just "buy" your internet history. Not to mention anyone rich enough can "buy" it also.
This is all assuming they decide to take action against someone who looks at lolicon (which is legal in my state, California).
>>
>>59630233
They weren't held back before either, I don't know where you got that impression. FCC controlling internet regulations = Government has all this data anyway and can use it as they see fit.

What has changed is the private interactions between ISPs and providers unrelated to government. This is why net neutrality was always a double edged sword, to get government involved means getting the fucking government involved.
>>
>>59630213
Typically you buy data in bulk. Everyone with an interest is crowdfunding, everyone interested in video games, everyone who spent $1000 on amazon in 2016, everyone who logged 150 hours on netflix per month. Buying a single entry isn't impossible but it's extremely cost inefficient. Most employers won't even spring for a $40 background check.
>>
>>59630129
>Now that our internet history is available for sale
>Now
>Now
>Now
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHA

HA

Are you people fucking retarded?

The proposition by the FCC was put forward in December last year and would become active in March but was never actually set into law because Congress blocked it.

Nothing has changed. Things are just as they have been for years.
>>
>>59630259
Lets say they want to take you to court. They present the internet history evidence. Was that obtained with a warrant? No? Thrown out.
>now
They present the internet history evidence. Was that obtained with a warrant? Doesn't matter. They bought the data..
>>
>>59630306
There's a little thing called 'Third Party Doctrine,' once it's already been shared with some 3rd party (an ISP) the ISP can voluntarily give that information to the government without any warrant. This is what PRISM was about.

There's no expectation of privacy on 3rd party data and there never has been, what there has been is an arbitrary FCC regulation denying them using it amongst other companies.
>>
>>59630306
This. The NSA can now just say they bought it instead of using a 4th amendment violating 0-day
>>
>>59630306
What now? Nothing has changed. You people are fucking morons.

Learn about something before you criticize it.

The world becomes an expert in law and politics overnight because they read some agenda-based media that tells you the gubments just ruined internet.

Do you know what Congress is?
>>
>>59630306
>>59630363
Its cute all the baby newfags who can't remember 2013, let alone 2006 when all this shit was explained indepth to people who cared.
>>
>>59630432
You didn't read anything I said did you?
>>
>Now that our internet history is available for sale
It was always for sale. The senate voted against a law that would make it illegal. Try reading something besides that unprofessional Washington Post bullshit, you fear mongering retard.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.