[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post legitimately good reasons why you still haven't tried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

Post legitimately good reasons why you still haven't tried or installed Manjaro, the the best Linux distribution.
>>
arch sounds cooler
>>
>>59629783
because it's literally one of the shittiest distro
>>
>>59629783
because manjaro's openrc is available in arch, literally no other reason to use it instead of arch
>>
File: 1406999559362.jpg (6KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1406999559362.jpg
6KB, 251x242px
exherbo is superior
>>
>>59629783
I don't want a rolling-release distro.
>>
Because "Manjaro" is a fucking retarded name. Is that some pajeet bullshit?
>>
>>59629783
because i know how to set up my shit i need and am using arch
>>
>>59629783
Antergos didn't shit itself on my 1700, and it's just floating me to Gentoo, which for whatever reason seems to reject the concept of the igp driver.
>>
because Womanjaro and Cant'ergos are both poser OS'es for people who can't install Arch

I prefer an easy to install OS like OP but I use Ubuntu because I also want my install to work in a year
>>
>>59629806
>>59631612
>caring about the name and not software
Anyway, pretty much this
>>59629828
I've tried it. Gentoo, Debian, Fedora, hell Ubuntu/Mint are all better.
>>
>>59632177
If AM4 boards didn't universally cock up IOMMU grouping or there was a less pain in the dick way to patch ACS in 4.10 or newer on another distro, I'd jump ship. Also lets me install with / on F2Fs without installing twice.
>>
Because I'm not a fucking Retard. I can install Arch.
>>
Because Manjaro developers aren't even competent enough to renew their SSL certificates on time. Then they suggest 'hacks' like turning back your system time to be able to access their website.

Who knows how many quick fixes and hacks they applied to the OS. And frankly, I don't have the time to find out.

I'll stick with Debian.
>>
>>59629783
Their website is lazy and full of bad spelling and grammar. If they can't be bothered with the first impression then I'm not wasting my time with the actual product.
>>
File: doooOOonaLDTRuuUUmp.jpg (27KB, 707x173px) Image search: [Google]
doooOOonaLDTRuuUUmp.jpg
27KB, 707x173px
I installed Manjaro xfce on my family's shared computer. It stopped booting once, but it's working fine now. The best thing about it is the AUR, which is just an Arch thing. Looks pretty good out of the box too. It's not bad enough to switch to something else, but I guess if you can be fucked installing Arch, then go for that instead.

>inb4 not installing arch you're a retard
Yeah I know *shrug*
>>
>>59629783
I've tried it so much I use it on all my machines now
>>
>>59629783
manjaro (and antergos) leaves out some safety things
if you want a more secure computer, install arch the correct way
>>
>>59629783
installed it once, and Gnome3 was broken 2 times in 3 months, no thanks. even Arch is more stable
>>
File: 1466130139596.jpg (585KB, 1704x2272px) Image search: [Google]
1466130139596.jpg
585KB, 1704x2272px
>>59629783
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
>>59635167
what terminal are you using?
>>
>>59629783
But I have. And you're right, it's the actual best distro out there.
>>
I tried it once.
Then I gave in to my autism and installed Arch, the real deal.
>>
>>59635167
mind sharing your PS1? :)
>>
>>59629783
>>
I used to use it but there were some thing I didn't like that I couldn't put a finger on, I switched to other distros and have been more comfortable since.
>>
Because I'm not too stupid to install Arch.
>>
Debian > Arch > Manjaro > Noobuntu
>>
>>59636684
that's xfce4-terminal with zsh as a shell

>>59636707
I don't use powershell, that's just a custom zsh prompt
here: https://pastebin.com/dqRa0pwH
>>
>>59637671
fedora > debian > opensuse > ubuntu > arch > manjaro
>>
>>59630054
Arch literally uses Manjaro's open RC packages. So you are using Manjaro, faggot.
>>
>>59635279
Like what?
>>
>>59629783
>Post legitimately good reasons why you still haven't tried or installed Manjaro, the the best Linux distribution.
Because it doesn't boot into the live image unless I use an old gnome version.

Also I won't install another Linux because bumblebee is completely broken and I can't use my GPU.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.