[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>another day wasted on 4chan instead of learning web development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1490316746807.png (75KB, 320x285px) Image search: [Google]
1490316746807.png
75KB, 320x285px
>another day wasted on 4chan instead of learning web development so I could stop being a neetie
>>
give it back jamal
>>
are you gonna make this thread every single day?
>>
>>59627990
>web development
>job

LOL
>>
>>59628023
Until I get started, yes
>>
>>59628009
What?
>>
>>59628088
apple is gay
>>
>>59628037
Just fucking do it man. It's literally just getting on jsfiddle, going to w3schools/freecodecamp/etc., and following basic instructions until you got the basics down. You're the only one who can change that and even taking some simple steps towards that goal is an improvement. For christ's sake, there's a fucking webdev general on this very board almost every day with links on how to get started.
>>
>>59628037
>go to sololearn.com
>pick language of choice
>get into it and learn
>stop shitposting on /g/
>>
>>59627990

web dev is litearlly the easit thing to learn in tech
>>
>>59628104
>>59628109
I can't get decided on what to learn. There's too many options.

How do I decide what language and framework I want to use??
>>
File: magloire.jpg (61KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
magloire.jpg
61KB, 320x240px
>another day without installing gentoo on a 16 gib RAM machine
>>
>>59628157
The stepping stones for web development are HTML, CSS, and Javascript. You need to master those first. After that, I'd recommend learning JQuery to make numale-esque sites that normies love.
>>
>>59628304
I wanted to learn python and a python framework though

what's the difference between all this shit? When do I start making money?
>>
>>59628109
>no HolyC
D R O P P E D
>>
>>59628157
if you want to be a web dev, learn html first. then css and finally javascript
>>
File: 1440319311161.jpg (47KB, 453x576px) Image search: [Google]
1440319311161.jpg
47KB, 453x576px
>>59628104
What projects do i fucking do to make a portfolio/github so i can get a job quickly

Im just aimlessly mastering meme frameworks for to-do apps
>>
>>59628381
Then pick up Django or Flask. Django's the big boy when it comes to Python web frameworks and it's brain-dead retarded to pick up and learn. Flask is a micro-framework that does the bare essentials and allows more flexibility at the cost of having to do more shit. Pick Django since it basically has a tutorial on how to set up a simple site.

But before all of that, do >>59628304 >>59628445. Just use a virtualbox/vagrant to host that shit and put it up there.

>>59628485
You see something on the internet that's simple and you like? Make a clone of it. Pick one of the memes that you learned, make yourself a homepage, and start putting shit on there. Be sure that you are also doing stuff with different libraries so that you can prove that you can pick up new tech on the fly.

If all else fails, make a weather app. It's like the to-do apps of webdev and you get to show that you can work with API's and you can gussy it up with just about anything. For fuck's sake this is what I made one time while looking for a job and they liked it.
>>
>implying your time has any worth to to begin with.
>>
>>59628628
Thanks anon

Cool app, what did you use?
>>
>>59628717
Angular 1 for the routing/controller stuff and Create.js for the canvas animations/little DR sprites running along the bottom. They only asked for six cities, so you can probably one up that and have people input a city and return the data for that.
>>
>>59628628
Btuv I dunno what the difference or value is though

there's 5000 different frameworks. Which do I use? Which is in demand and people will pay me money for?

How do I get started? I keep hearing of people freelancing and making good money. How do I do that?
>>
>thinking webdev will get you out of NEETdom

good luck, anon.
>>
>>59627990

> tfw didn't fall for that meme

0xbeef.coffee
>>
>>59629667
Explain
>>
>>59628037
just block 4chinz in your /etc/hosts file
>>
>>59629681
I like it anon
>>
>>59630783
idk how to start tho

I literally spend all day here. Everyday.
>>
>that same feel
>>
Another day of spending 3-4 hours learning a programming language and feeling like I'm not progressing at all. I still can't do simple programming challenges completely without looking up how to do it.

Lord take me.
>>
>go to bed yesterday
>tomorrow I'll finally start learning how to code
>....13 hours later still on /g/
FML
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.