[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post legitimately good reasons why do you still pirate? What're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 7

File: cuffed.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cuffed.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
Post legitimately good reasons why do you still pirate?

What're your bullshit excuse/s this time?

Being a jobless NEET hobo and stating "free stuff" / "free shit" won't get you anywhere here since these are inexplicable and unjustifiable bullshit excuses and reasons.
>>
>>59625135
>Don't list reasons that justify pirating that don't go along with my moral code
>Believes there is no legitimate reason to pirate software
What's the point of this thread?
>>
Anti consumer DRM.
>>
>>59625135

I used to just because I could, but then I decided that it was immoral and started using free equivalents.

As far as media goes, there's really nothing I have have any desire to either purchase or steal.
>>
>>59625135
I don't pirate games, or software, I do however stream and download movies. Why do I do it? I do it because I like movies.
>>
>>59625135
try before buy deal
>>
Because piracy allows me to watch capeshit in 4K without having to buy a Kaby Lake processor, a Windows 10 licence and using a shitty browser.
Because it's been demonstrated piracy doesn't cause loss of revenue.
Because it's not theft.
Because it's not illegal.
Because I want to and you can't stop me.
>>
It's easy. My government doesn't care. I don't care. Habit.
>>
>>59625135
Because the new season of Samurai Jack just came out and it turns out Time Warner Cable doesn't get Cartoon Network anymore
>>
I'm not going to buy something I can easily obtain for free.
>>
>>59625598
>TWC doesn't get CN anymore
http://tv.twcc.com/listings/cartoon-network
>>
because i can

fuck off and go lobby somewhere else faggot
>>
>>59625633
The fuck? I guess they just changed the channel number or something then.
Thanks senpai
>>
>>59625667
They might have removed it from your bundle or whatever it's called
>>
File: 83939_93.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
83939_93.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>59625135
>tfw I convinced my christKEK cousin that pirating was stealing, thus against the ten commandments and immoral
>>
Because full quality content
>>
>>59625135
NOBODY should financially support Hollywood
>>
>Post legitimately good reasons why do you still pirate?

post legitimate justification for so intellectual property? Right, there is none.
>>
>>59625135
It's a nice way of NOT SPENDING A SINGLE DOLLAR on gaymes/movies, especially ones that are not worth it.
>Being a jobless NEET hobo
But I do have a job. Silly movies and gaymes are just not on the top of my priority list.
>>
>>59625135
I don't pirate stuff without DRM and DRM that I can break.

The others trying to decide what I can or cannot do with my own computer can go fuck themselves.
>>
The big kikes have enough of my money for one lifetime.
>>
>>59625135
I don't want to pay. I don't have money.
What other reason do you need? Of course you can't justify piracy, but I don't fucking care. Personally I think that paying for strings of binary data is fucking stupid.
>>
>>59625135
Because I can, because you can't stop me, and because desu I wasn't going to buy that shit anyway.
>>
>>59625135
because of Jews.
>>
>>59625135
I live in a country where everyone steal so i steal... nihilism is true and all world and life on it is a meme so I can do whatever the fuck I want as long make me more comfortable. Also we live in a world where moral principles are concepts for the weak....
>>
>>59625135
Because some of the stuff that I pirate is borderline unobtainable either in rarity or legality. I used to pirate games before Steam sorta got their act together on Linux because it was a waste buying something that was a crapshoot for working in wine/VM's.

Music and Japanese Cartoons are still fair game though because the RIAA's not going to care if I take some random indie album and the alternatives for Nip-shit involve less than ideal options all-around (Streaming with mediocre quality, shelling out $90+ dollars on a Blu-Ray with no subs, or getting a mediocre video from localizers that crams twelve episodes into one BD.)
>>
>>59625919
>Jews
>J
anon, pls.
>>
>>59625212
Pretty much this.

>buy software
>limits how many times I can reinstall it before I have to call customer service to justify myself
>region locks
>installs rootkits and bloatware to enforce all of this

Vs

>pirate software
>do a quick check that nobody inserted any malware
>do whatever I want with it
>>
>>59625840
>It's a nice way of NOT SPENDING A SINGLE DOLLAR on gaymes/movies, especially ones that are not worth it.

A better point is for obtaining media that is no longer in production.
Or is still asking new release prices for something that's no longer relevant, or does not fund the original creators of said media.
I refuse to support 70 year copywrites.
>>
I don't want to have to pay for 5 different streaming subscriptions site just to watch movies and tv shows in shitty quality. Right now its easier to just pirate anything you want and get better quality as well.
I don't pirate games because I think Steam has mostly fixed the distribution issues with gaming. Customer service and discovery issues aside, Steam is incredibly convenient and I don't mind paying for it.
>>
>>59625135
get the fuck off 4chan you evil, soulless, statist cocksucker
>>
Because I don't feel like paying for shitty indie games and I'm too poor to buy anime. Also, there's no reason not to.
>>
File: 1457051555465.gif (206KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1457051555465.gif
206KB, 256x256px
Because the stuff I do pirate can only be found on used dvds that don't provide any profit to the original creater :^)
>>
>why I pirate games
I mostly play old games, and I'm not paying 40 bucks for a 15 year old of game that is not even a remaster

>why I pirate software
Not going to pay 15 bucks to buy a program in going to use once in my lifetime because it easily solves 1 (one) rare issue I will never ever have again
That's it actually, music I just use spotify, and I don't need to pirate software because my job provides me with the software I need and some I don't actually need but is nice to have
>>
>>59625135
>What're your bullshit excuse/s this time?

not available for purchase.
>>
>>59625835
Because everyone deserves to get paid for their hard work.
>>
>excuse
I don't care about laws, is all
>>
>>59626064
entirely correct, let's make a law stating that intelectual property can't be owned or purchased by a corporation, and that their creator can't sell his IP to someone else or a company, and can only collect revenue from IP for 5 years.

Would you be ok with that?
>>
File: Because I Have No Morals.jpg (71KB, 684x611px) Image search: [Google]
Because I Have No Morals.jpg
71KB, 684x611px
>>59625135
I pirate movies, music and TV.

I have a home file server setup that streams all that to OpenElec boxes throughout my house.

I download with Deluge and Peerblock and have never received a notice.

I generally do not seed.

I started downloading because I was poor (like 10 years ago)

Now it is just easier then redbox or on demand. Also, I fucking hate commercials. I was watching the hunger games on TV the other night and I timed it. 10 minutes of movie, 5 minutes commercials. So I switched to my pirated version and had no more interruptions.

Also, I have no morals.
>>
The Americans took my country's wealth, now I take their stuff.
>>
>>59625135
Movies that I do not care to own/watch again after watching them once, I pirate.

Games I do not care to own/play them again after playing them once, I pirate.
>>
>>59626091
Yes. Deal with it.
>>
>>59625135
Stuff that isn't available in my country and its creators do not care to make it so.

So, fuck those motherfucking fucks, if they don't want to FUCKING ALLOW me to PAY for their content, I'm pirating it.
>>
>>59625135
>want to watch game of thrones
>can't buy the newest season
>try to use a paid streaming service like netlifx
>none of them have it
>would have to buy cable
>then have to HBO go
>for one show

Also
>want to have my music
>cant afford to buy 1000s of dollars worth of music
>ill use spotify
>download limit
>ill use rhapsody
>literally doesnt work at all
>etc

DRM and autistic copyright laws do the opposite of their intended purpose. They make it so difficult for a legit user to get what they want that they just pirate because it's so much easier.
>>
>>59626148
cool. that however is not what we have, and with that said, fuck IP and fuck you.
>>
>>59626168
Not to mention
>buy movie
>forced to sit through ads and copyright notices for 15 minutes

>stream movie
>immediately start watching movie with no interruptions
>>
>>59625135
Some software is no longer available for purchase from the original developer such as really old versions of Mac OS X or Amiga OS. Buying Windows XP new costs more than 7 or 10, which is ridiculous considering I only run it in a VM for a few programs the newer versions of Windows broke compatibility for. There's also this >>59625212
>>
Because it's convenient, idiot. I get to keep my money and I can usually download whatever I want and be experiencing it within ten minutes. For someone as impulsive as I, this is a godsend.
>>
>>59626148
I bet you're one of those faggots that believe youtube owes them a living.
>>
>>59625761
That's on him for being a dummy.
>>
>>59625135
The digital medium is intrinsically post-scarcity. No one suffers from 1's and 0's being duplicated. In fact, the only argument about harm here is the loss of potential customers, not actual theft, in other words, companies are upset that people don't want to buy their shit in the first place. Well, that's their problem, if you want people to buy your software, you really should give them reason to.
>>
>>59625135
DeNuvo.
If it has this aids I cant fucking play it even if I do buy it.
I have 5 fucking games on steam I cant play because of this shit.

When Id removed it from Doom it suddenly worked without a hitch, when I pirated Mankind Divided with the denuvo patch suddenly it fucking worked.

I cant wait until this company is fucking dead.
>>
>>59626199
XP is free
>>
>>59626199
You can biuy 7 or 10 for less than $20?
>>
>>59625135
The last thing I pirated was a episode of the Grand Tour.

While I do have amaderp prime and have watched it there, I can not watch it in 4K from their site.
I also want to archive it.
>>
Piracy offers the superior product 99% of the time.

Why would I pay for an inferior version?
>>
>>59626318
Not them, but it really isn't, as far as I know. It's possible to pirate it for zero monetary cost, obviously, but that's true of about everything, so using that to say it's "free" is meaningless. The higher-end versions of Windows 7 (and possibly 8/10 as well) come with a "XP Mode" which really just means that the OS license allows you to legally download an XP SP3 iso image from Microsoft, but even so it's a time-limited trial edition that can only be unlocked by registering it within Microsoft's own official virtualization product.
>>
>>59625135
Why do I need to justify it. I just want free stuff famalam.
>>
>>59625135
Because I would download a car and if that works and is legit I would buy a ticket to Africa, Satellite internet subscription and download the needed hardware to go over to where they are hungry and download one rice seed.
>Then proceed to double the amount of rice seeds via script that stops at 64, or sooner via integer argument.
>>
>buy blue ray of movie
>Unskipoable FBI pirating warnings and a bunch of ads

>Pirate blue ray of movie
>Click movie and play it.

>Buy silicon valley on Google store
>Player is dogshit and always fucks up a few minutes in even on 350mb down internet.

>Pirate stream silicon valley from 123movies
>It just fucking werks

If all the paid options weren't anti consumer garbage I would buy eveything, I actually like giving money to stuff I enjoy, and there's not that many movies and tv shows I watch so it wouldn't cost me much. But when they're gonna fuck me after I paid then they've lost a customer, enjoy your shit being stolen you pricks.
>>
Commercials.

I'm not paying for a cable so I can sit and be advertised to.

Paying to watch ads is basically the ultimate cuckery.
>>
>>59626851
That's more like unauthorized resale with modifications than digital piracy.
>>
>>59626907
Doesn't fair use cover this though?
>>
Americans spend ~4 years of their lives watching commercials.

4 years of your life, down the drain BYE!!! BYEEEEE-BYE.

And they expect you to pay for it? They expect you to pay for your TV so you can sit and watch sales pitches for shit you don't need. Not even a sales pitch designed for you, by someone who legitimately believes your life will be better with *PRODUCT*, but some mass appeal garbage to try and get you to purchase the next plastic piece of shit with your hard earned money.

You already take part in a system where you trade the limited amount of time you have away for money. Money is the monetary representation of you trading your lifeforce away. So what do people do with it? They spend it on shit that's designed to brainwash them into spending more money.

In essence, you're trading your life away so you can be told by other people to give more of your life to them.
>>
>>59626232
You're right. Content creators have a right to make a living just as you have a right to consume their content.
>>
>>59627017
ive been downloading tv shows for so long that i have completely spoiled myself with commercial free tv shows.

holy fuck i dont know how people deal with that shit. it's so unbelievably annoying.
>>
>>59625135
There's music/games that you can't buy through legal means anymore. Also, EA can suck my tiny cock.
>>
>>59625135
>shilling this hard for money grabbing corporate pigs

Just wow.
>>
>>59625212
>>59625212
>>59625212
>>59625212
>>59625212
This is how I justify it.
>>
>>59625135
>this thread again
>its another MPAA and RCAA shill episode
People do it because they can.
There will always be people who don't care about your morals.
The other group of people do it because it is easier.
Instead of suing a few unlucky individuals, make it so that it is easier to get things legitimately.
Otherwise those people will just laugh at your """morals""" and pirate anyways.
>>
I'm too busy blowing what little money I have from my minimum wage slave job on fancy oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, and arbitrary waveform generators to be able to afford software and I literally have no moral issue with taking shit from companies that are already making more than enough money. There's enough moralfags that don't pirate to more than make up for my loss. Plus it's low risk high reward. Virtually no one gets fines or jail time for IP theft.

Any how if you are going to try to guilt me into not pirating it won't work. I literally do not care and I don't feel remotely bad about doing it. You can call me a criminal, a degenerate, whatever you want. I give zero fucks.
>>
>>59625135
if adobe charged a reasonable price for photoshop cs6 i'd buy it. I bought paint tool sai and sketchbook because the price was reasonable.
>>
File: community.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
community.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>59625135
I would probably purchase music on these conditions:

>one place for purchasing all music, not spread across labels/sites
>I get the actual files permanently, no streaming bs
>no DRM, can use any media player
>lossless formats, flac, wav
>store is online
>store has prepaid cards I can purchase for cash in physical stores
>store does not require registration to use prepaid cards
>store has large availability of content
>store is not ridiculously expensive
>store is accessible through a normal web browser, without any complex plugin requirements, at most a bit of javascript.
>no data cap or limited amount of purchases per day
>no region locked content
>I can purchase individual songs, rather than entire album
>the artist gets most of the profits
>>
>>59626094
they took your pride, not your wealth. you never had wealth.
>>
>>59625135
why would you pay more than you have to? Digital media is digital information. It just really isn't like a piece of bread, even though publishers would like to sell it like that.
Acceptable alternatives would be stuff like Netflix or some Streaming service, but you don't really own the media then. If you didn't want to bother you would accept those "limitations" but there's no good reason to not use the sources you already know when they offer a better benefit.
>>
I find copyright immoral and will not support it.
>>
It's like "try before you buy", except I usually skip the "buy" part. The fact that moralistic nerds like OP get flustered just makes it even sweeter.
>>
>>59626091
It wouldn't make much of a difference. Most downloads are right when the stuff comes out and they often die down after 5 years
>>
>>59625135

I don't pirate, because I don't attack ships.

I download things for free rather than buying because I want to save money. If something can be downloaded for free, then the value effectively becomes $0.00, so paying at that point is guaranteed to be overpaying.
>>
>>59625135
The way my country is seeing it, it's only piracy if you upload, downloading is okay, sharing a link is okay. I'm exercising my citizen's rights until EU takes them away.
>>
Because i feel like it
>>
>>59625135
because it pisses autists like you off
>>
>>59626276
creators of offline software have bad luck with this since only a need of updates would justify buying. That's the one thing and the other is that society is addicted to all this buy/sell system, if you're out of it you're fucked.
>>
>>59626952
probably
>>
Illegal in my country and I need it to communicate without being spied on.
>>
Because better quality anime than streaming
>>
>>59626196
better yet, buy a movie box set, but a blu ray player for pc, don't know there isnt/wasnt a free way to play them so I needed to buy software, software costs 100$, even after getting the software, movie hangs on the anti piracy and wont go passed it.

literally the last movies I bought or will buy.
>>
>won't get you anywhere here since these are inexplicable and unjustifiable
What are you on about, faggot? Being a "jobless NEET" is perfectly explicable.
>>
Lack of money basically.

But if I start making money using software, I will eventually get licensed.

In fact, if you have a firm in my country, the state can do random checks to see if you're using unlicensed software.

So definitely once I start making money on my own firm, I'll buy licenses for the software I use. Though many of the programs I use are license-free (such as Visual studio code).
>>
>>59625135
>free is unjustifiable
lol go fucking kill yourself
>>
File: 1489201057760.jpg (30KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489201057760.jpg
30KB, 720x480px
>>59625135
Star Trek Beyond still isn't out for digital rental.
>>
>>59627302
manga studio here, as its currently the best art protrogram

but yea, most of the shit I want to use is aimed at corporations, not average users, so they price it in the thousands if not 10's of thousands to get a legit key. This also opens you up to audits by said companies too.
>>
>>59625135
If a game doesn't have Linux version and I am only going to play it in my brother's pc = pirate.
If it is a series which I don't have any decent way of watching = pirate.
There are games that I have yet to play because I don't want to pirate because they offer Linux version and drm free version. I would feel shitty shitty pirating something like that.
>>
>>59628780
And yet it's already on Canadian Netflix.
Kek.
>>
>>59625135
It's fun. It triggers random faggots in an animu circlejerking imageboard.
>>
>>59625135
Engineers and scientists are underpaid while actors and musicians are overpaid.
It's morally wrong to pay for movies or music.
>>
I guess because it's so easy. How can you resist this?
Honestly, if prices on music and movies were more fair, and I was sure the money would go to the creatorsm I'd gladly give. But for now I'd rather support small artists on Patreon and such.

>>59625806
Bit more complicated than that no? Hollywood is not a person. The authors you like are. But yeah I guess you're speaking about the big ones that probably don't need more money to live.
>>
>>59625135
Because I can and no one will stop me
>>
Because I fucking can.
>>
I can't afford the amount of media I consume
>>
>>59625959
>cod4
>$20
>came out 48293 years ago
>>
Because i am ready to die just waiting on the time. When i can pay i do, but alot of the time i make regretfull purchases.

I also often think that if you consume lots of pirated media you begin to find it less appreciative/enjoyable, it all becomes shit or kino, Sort of -- you didnt pay for it so you dont afford it a second thought and just stick to whatever is most instantly gratifying
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.