[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want a macOS so bad but I don't have money for this. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 1418872641105.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1418872641105.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
I want a macOS so bad but I don't have money for this. What is the best substitute?
>>
Get a job?
>>
>>59617681
Hackintosh
>>
>>59617701
already got one
>>
Stop wanting it or get a fucking job
>>
refurb / second hand imacs are pretty good. provided you arent doing any gaming, a 2012 model will suffice and i see them here in aus for about 500-700$
>>
>>59617681
Build hackintosh for 300 ameriburgers. Pentium + cheap mobo + 8 gb ram + ssd. Forget about gpu.
Even niggers can afford this.
>>
>>59617846
not op, is it possible to do it in a virtual machine ?
>>
>>59617957
Yes but animations lag sometimes.
You can do everything in VM, even download xcode and develop for iOS if you want to.
>>
>>59617681

>macOS
>no money

what? i run it on a hackintosh machine thats old as fuck and is probably worthless right now. I get better Geekbench scores than modern MacBook Pros lol
>>
>>59617681
>>59617819
Buy a lower end "refurhb" model from their outlet. They come with full warranty and look new, every time. Don't listen to the asshats here who talk about them being overpriced—it's worth it.
>>
>>59617681
Buy a jumper EZbook and hackintosh it. Normies won't tell the difference
>>
>>59618030
refurb*
>>
>>59617681
>What is the best substitute?
a boyfriend
>>
>>59617681
If you really want MacOS then do it the proper way and get an actual Mac. Their hardware is specially tailored to the OS and ties everything together very nicely for the best experience. Hackintoshes will make you feel like a poorfag fraud and they never work snywhere near as well as a real Mac. Good luck OP
>>
Well, one of the following:

-Refurbished older (and probably better) model of macbook pro for cheaper
-Used older macbook pro for even cheaper
-If you don't need a laptop, buy yourself a comfortable desktop for under 600 bucks that is completely compatible + a magic trackpad if you want the comfy gestures for like 40 bucks used since these things hardly ever break (don't buy the newer, more expensive one)
-If you need a laptop and you're poor as fuck, and you don't mind losing the amazing trackpad, I guess it's time for a compatible thinkpad which there are quite many for less than 300 buckaroos
>>
>>59617681
Hackintosh a T420 or just don't use it at all because it's not as good as advertised.
>>
FreeBSD if you want that Unix feel, Linux if you want hardware support and a variety of programs.
>>
>>>/sqt/
>>
Install LFS, MacFaggot.
>>
>>59617681
MacMini or MBA 13" are pretty cheap, especially if you buy refurbished. Although it's better not to be a jew and go all the way to rMBP from 2013 upwards.

Hackintosh is usually more trouble than it's worth it. In the time it takes to make it work, it's easier to make the money to buy the real deal. The only legitimate use for hackintosh is when you want to use OSX on more powerful hardware and don't want to give Applel money for outdated Trashcan Pro.
>>
>>59617681
BUILD A FUCKING HACKINTOSH!

It literally takes 30 min to assemble all the pieces.
>>
File: iphone-welfare.jpg (172KB, 960x664px) Image search: [Google]
iphone-welfare.jpg
172KB, 960x664px
>>59617681
>>59617819
>>
>>59618030
Anon never buy anything from Apple that is refurbed. Just save up for the next MBP. It'll have Kaby Lake processors and a 1050 gtx.
>>
>>59617788

Literally this.
>>
>>59617681
Get a regular laptop and install Elementary OS
>>
>>59617681
>What is the best substitute?
High class male prostitute.
>>
>>59617681
I'm a former mac user and a riced Ubuntu GNOME is the only thing that comes close in comfyness level.
>>
>>59623418
What if I'm a girl? Same way?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.