[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw slacked off in high school math >now i'm too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 02f.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
02f.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
>tfw slacked off in high school math
>now i'm too dumb to learn computer programming
>>
most 'programming' in 2017 is actually a bunch of webdev where there's literally no math involved

math in programming is a meme, unless you're an actual software engineer with an actual degree, you won't encounter it, because nobody will trust you to do it right (you won't)
>>
>>59615476
No, you're not.
Just go to school.
>>
>>59615476
Just read Sheldon Axler's Precalc book and Concrete Math afterwards. Some more math books here https://functionalcs.github.io/curriculum/ undergrad math actually isn't that difficult to learn, it just takes practice like playing the drums.

When you first play the drums you have no idea how anybody can keep time with their feet and hands. Then one day, after a ton of practice it just 'clicks' and you can do it effortlessly. Undergrad math is the same way, you continue to do problem after problem until eventually you just learn how to solve problems and you get it.
>>
>>59615521
this. just become a web dev. even pajeets can do it
>>
>>59615531
>undergrad math actually isn't that difficult to learn
Math is literally the most difficult major.
>>
>>59615521
>math in programming is a meme, unless you're an actual software engineer with an actual degree, you won't encounter it, because nobody will trust you to do it right (you won't)

Is this a recent thing or just a meme? I'm a trusted Software Engineer without a degree, but I did get in before the '08-'09 crash.
>>
>>59615578
Last I checked the most difficult by measure of what % dropped or changed major was Physics followed by various Engineering degrees, then Math.
>>
>>59615476

>i rely on state funded teachers to tell me how to do something
>i blame others for my own short comings

lol
>>
>>59615476
Nice knowyourmeme filename u redditor
>>
>>59615623
>hail rothbard
>>
>>59615633

do you have daddy issues?

we have access to more information now that ever before right at our finger tips .. we even carry it around in our pockets wherever we go

theres literally no excuse for not learning something on your own

>waa waa muah teachers didnt tell me how to do something
>i will forever be a failure in life

this has nothing to do with politics, anarcho capitalism or any other garbage. It is just fucking pathetic to use others as an excuse for not sitting down and reading something on the fucking internet
>>
>>59615476
There is rarely high school math involved. You can make it with basic arithmetics.
>>
>>59615644
I actually agree with what you said. You just reminded me of my ancap roomate from college. ;)
>>
I think the only times I've ever needed maths was in game programming (mainly trig) and in programming competitions (but we had a dedicated mathematician anyway).
>>
>>59615476
Said this many times, it will hold you back from some things like graphics programming and certain aspects of game programming, digital signals processing, physics simulations, and other actually hard stuff.

Besides things in that category the math is no big deal. You can be bad at math and write a compiler.
>>
>>59615768
tfw to intelligent too understand context free grammars and languages
>>
If I'm good at symbolic logic can I program?

I failed pre-calc, this is the level of tardness I
m working with
>>
>>59615531
>learning math by reading books
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.