[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>apply to be a Linux sysadmin after many years of using gentoo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0050.jpg (121KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0050.jpg
121KB, 630x420px
>apply to be a Linux sysadmin after many years of using gentoo Linux
>actually get job interview
>get hype
>throw on my suit and tie, show up looking good
>guys interviewing me are fat slobs, look like Seth Rogan in graphic t shirts and socks with sandals
>expect questions about maintaining installations, networking, storage, security
>fat fuck wheels out a whiteboard
>tells me to write fizzbuzz in the language of my choice
>tell him I'm not a programmer, don't know any
>Haha anon you're joking right?
>look at him in his socks and sandes
>thanked him for his time and left

Fuck the tech industry is the most autistic meme. Seriously doubting whether I should even own a computer after seeing the faggots associated with them.
>>
>>59612393
linux admins double as in house developers, welcome to the world of 'open source' kiddo. since you have to build and maintain most of the shit used, you better have the skills
>>
Lmao
I'm an econ major I can write fizz buzz just from what I learned reading shitposts
>>
>>59612393
>Now write a shell script that deletes all the files created on Weds and backs up all the scripts that fall on the 30th of the month (even if those were Wednesdays)

Does this help sate your autism you useless NEET?
>>
>>59612443
In what fuckin turbonerd world is this useful?
>>
>>59612458
When you are spoofing logs for the auditors coming after you.
>>
its like

some loop
if i mod 3 == 0 print fizz
if i mod 5 == 0 print buzz
if i mod 3 > 0 && i mod 5 > 0 print i

yet I can't install gentoo properly on my laptop

so this was a shitty test.
>>
>>59612523
To be honest it was a shit company if the fags interviewing me thought teenage mutant ninja turtle and sonic the hedgehog t shirts were in any way a good choice for a job interview.
>>
>>59612523
Invalid in all top 100 programming languages
Also invalid output even with a liberal reading

I think the test was a success
>>
>>59612523

fizzbuzz is to make sure the guy knows elementary shit and hasn't completely lied on his resume... it's to avoid wasting time with retards
>>
>>59612393
>he couldn't do fizzbuzz
>>
>>59612393
stop varg posting
>>
I'm a lowly tier one and have been using linux for five years.

I get so many php/sql nightmares. constantly escalating blacklisted spambot ips to systems for delisting. PPL constantly wanting me to do their dirty dev work and I know how but I'm not allowed. I've written the core for software that can automate my job but I'm so burnt out by fixing so many DNS issues for lazy indian resellers that I dont even want to linux n program when I have spare time. I hate that I dont even have server access to run yum, I do everything with sed, awk, grep, find, and the few other commands in my access.

I feeel like if I stay tier 1 two more years I'll probably know more from contact with everything and escalation than the higher tiers get to interact with.
>>
>>59612523
>if i mod 3 > 0 && i mod 5 > 0
What the fuck is this?
>>
>>59612393
>thinks the many years he spent "working with gentoo" (aka time wasted dicking around with conf and dotfiles, arguing with fat basement dwelling slobs about free software/trash operating systems and shitposting on /g/ while he was in high school and later barely flopping his way through college, even if that) is worth shit to any company
they can see that you're a complete dumbass of a failure through the fake show you put on for them during the interview. pretentious linux "sysadmins" and lazy IT department rats like you are the sewage of any company, any engineer or person that matters will agree.
just drink bleach you shit stain.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.