[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I update my macbook to the newest mac OS release? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: s.png (426KB, 586x583px) Image search: [Google]
s.png
426KB, 586x583px
Should I update my macbook to the newest mac OS release? I'm still on el capitan and don't want the bugs from Sierra
>>
You should seek effective medical treatment for your homosexualism instead.
>>
>>59610576
Hey Mr. Ihave2000dollars poorfag Smach-z shilling Samsungcuck.

>>59610543
No, not worth it, I actually thought about downgrading because if all the shitty bugs.
>>
>>59610543
El Capitan is still getting security updates.
If there's nothing in Sierra you want, just stick to El Capitan.
>>
>>59610543
Get a chromebook. You might as well.
>>
>>59610543
Sierra has turned my late 2014 MBP into an easy bake oven, drains the battery for seeminly no reason, It also dosnt play nicely with some of my peripherals causing Kernal.Task to spin up to 300-500% CPU and stall the entire system.

I kinda hate using it now and im so happy i dont run OSX in any dedicated fashion
>>
>>59610812
I'm running Sierra on three 13-inch MBPs: 2011, 2012, 2015.
The 2011's fans only spin up when I'm doing a few things on it.

Though it might be Sierra that's the problem, it could also be hardware.

Do a ram test, check the disk, and try a different os x to figure out what's going on.
>>
>>59610881
yeah ive seen alot of people using alot of different system configs having the same and similar problems. Kernel.Task is for some reason some mysterious system process that we can only really figure out that it mostly acts as the IO controller for the entire computer.

If I didn't know any better it looks like what I can only describe as a CPU stress test but acts like its trying to throttle the clock speed to prevent overheating but its kinda just failing.

Ive tried a bunch of different "fixes" and trouble shooting stopping just short of taking it into an apple store or, as recommended by stupid people on mac forums to just delete and alter a bunch of system files
>>
>>59610948
>but acts like its trying to throttle the clock speed to prevent overheating but its kinda just failing.

I should also add this only happens with certain things plugged in through USB, but honestly it seems like it happens at entirely random intervals
>>
What bugs?
>>
>>59610948
>>59610966
This sounds pretty horrible.

The "when usb things plugged in" doesn't sound promising.

You've got hdmi and thunderbolt on that machine.
Any problems with them?

If you're comfortable with Linux or Windows, you could try booting that to see how it behaves.

If linux, I'd have a read through the kernel messages.
I'd take note if anything was spamming.
>>
>>59611087
HDMI is fine, thunderbolts WERE fine on Yosemite, but now I get the same issues im having with USB.

Windows is my main driver for my other computer so its not like im complaining to much (but major first world problems)

As one of those faggy creative types I bought my MBP as a production machine and its kinda been crippled by Sierra and im considering to just start migrating my libraries back to windows and just forget about apple alltogether.
Im sure that if I were to buy a new MBP that has Sierra as a "fresh install" i wouldn't be having these problems. Apple dosnt seem to give a shit about or is happily cultivating built in and user installed obsolescence

Ill try booting to linux but im not that confident with it, ill see how I go
>>
I use Sierra on a mac mini just fine. I mean I think the OS is shit, I don't think it's worse. Haven't noticed any retarded CPU spikes or anything like that.
>>
File: benis.png (99KB, 1117x810px) Image search: [Google]
benis.png
99KB, 1117x810px
>>59611176
this is currently the windows pc built in 2014 that is blowing the "speced out" MBP out of the water

its probably not a tall order to do that sort of thing but its frustrating as hell
>>
I use Sierra on a hackintosh and it's all good.
>>
>>59610543
I haven't noticed these "bugs" but I don't think it was a worthwhile upgrade either if you are upgrading for the Siri like functionality don't
>>
>>59610543
I'm running Sierra on my Macbook pro 2015 model and I've not encountered any such bugs personally
>>
File: 1486226991352.jpg (82KB, 610x460px) Image search: [Google]
1486226991352.jpg
82KB, 610x460px
>>59610543
>plug in external hard drive
>make time machine backup
>update to the latest version
>if you don't like it, boot into recovery and restore from backup
I don't even own a Mac but I know more about the software included with your machines than you do. Mac users really are tech illiterates. Lmao
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.