[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

name ONE (1) (I) (UNO SENOR) aspect that makes ReactOS inferior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: reactos.png (264KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
reactos.png
264KB, 1024x768px
name ONE (1) (I) (UNO SENOR) aspect that makes ReactOS inferior to wangblows.
>>
it literally only supports out of date applications you mongoloid
>>
2001 called
they want their OS back.
>>
>>59608771
>Muh up to date cloud data mining features

fuck off faggot you have no need for the latest shit. there hasn't been a single application post 2010 that has had improvements.
>>
>>59608786
your sister called

she wants her socks back
>>
Literally none, I'm sure they'll perfect compatibility with XP by 2030.
>>
>>59608695
This project makes no goddamn sense.

I mean, this thing has been in the works for years, YEARS and just recently they added:
Printer support.

Seriously, what's the point?
>>
>>59608695
It BSODs more than Windows 95's release candidates.
>>
Literally nothing works
>>
>>59608801
>You have no need
Free Software will never succeed for this reason
>>
it is a precursor to a single operating system that can natively run .tar, .exe., and .dmg applications. you're ignorant if you can't see that.
>>
>>59608695
I tried installing it on real hardware that was reported as all-green on the compatibility page, and it died without possibility of recovery after the second driver.

Got an entertaining /g/ thread out of that, at least.
>>
>>59608910
F1 does not make sense but a lot of people keep dumping money into it and watch it.
>>
>>59608978
Yes but there you have talented engineers, designers and pilots.
Here you have a bunch of guys trying to reverse engineer Windows without making much progress like, ever.
>>
>>59608801
Web browsers
Android studio
Steam
>>
>>59609015
There isn't that much progress in F1 year by year either but people still dump money into it. Also I'm pretty sure some of those guys are engineers and/or designers.
>>
>>59609025
>web browsers

fucking lol are you serious? you fags are LOSING features.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/mozilla-to-drop-support-for-all-npapi-plugins-in-firefox-52-except-flash/

im not even going to acknowledge the rest of your shit just for this.

millennials think the latest and greatest "apps" are needed. it's pathetic.
>>
>>59608695
Doesn't things work better running Wine on top of the Linux kernel, I understand that ReactOS uses Wine on top of their own custom kernel but they dont keep up with the latest version of Wine.
>>
>>59609069
Because, fun!

Why is everyone trying to be resourceful? It's just a project, and wouldn't it be a giant middle finger given to MassiveSoft if they can make it 100% compatible?
>>
Why don't they just make a stripped-down Linux that only runs Wine and call it a day? That's literally all anyone needs.
>>
>>59609059
Good luck watching youtube or netflix pn a 10 yo browser
>>
Why would anyone use this windows xp lookalike shit? It's not 2005 anymore
>>
>>59609015
It can run Skyrim, as of the latest release. If that's boring to you, I'd like to see some of your personal projects you do on your downtime.
>>
>>59609102
My questios is asking if things run better under ReactOS's version of wine running on their own kernel versus a linux distro.
>>
>>59609059
Yeah, security updates are for losers.
>>
>>59608695
If I wanted such an ugly looking environment I would just use Ubuntu MATE and Wine.
>>
>>59608960
ReactOS was made to run non-free software
>>
>>59608910
Ros has gone through several prototypes and methods of development, the current prototype started like in 2010
>>
>>59609133
Wrappers have inferior performance, native execution will always be better.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.