[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/spg/ - Smartphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 45

File: 097873765.jpg (654KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
097873765.jpg
654KB, 1920x1080px
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
http://willmyphonework.net
http://frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung has quietly slashed prices on two of the best affordable phones around: the Galaxy A5 (2017) and A3 (2017)
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-quietly-slashed-prices-on-two-of-the-best-affordable-phones-around-the-Galaxy-A5-2017-and-A3-2017_id92453

Xiaomi Mi 6 and Mi 6 Plus specs leak: Snapdragon 835, lots of RAM in tow
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Xiaomi-Mi-6-and-Mi-6-Plus-specs-leak-Snapdragon-835-lots-of-RAM-in-tow_id92452

Samsung Galaxy S8 to use Sony IMX333 camera
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8_to_use_sony_imx333_camera-news-24216.php

[MrMobile] Moto G5 Plus Review: The Best Phone Under $300
http://youtu.be/eAIw4eE-OPg

Moto G5 Plus review: a new value champion - The Verge
http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/24/15045140/moto-g5-plus-review-price-specs-value

Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) review
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a7_2017-review-1592.php

old >>59587740
>>
File: S70327-21280637.jpg (35KB, 720x836px) Image search: [Google]
S70327-21280637.jpg
35KB, 720x836px
>>59606458
> You realise Lenovo Moto G5 is a Chinese too?
Not all. I hope the Moto G isn't Chinese.
>>
>>59607089
What's your problem with Chinese phones anyway?
>>
>tfw want a new phone
>old phone is still alive and I can't really justify buying a new one

well, at least I can keep my consumerism in check that way.
>>
File: 1392225062546.jpg (86KB, 989x742px) Image search: [Google]
1392225062546.jpg
86KB, 989x742px
My LG G3 is starting to shit itself, and rather than put up with a dissatisfactorily performing phone, so I'm looking for a new one.

I've heard that the OnePlus 3T is a pretty damn good phone for the price range, competing with the likes of the Google Pixel or Galaxy S7 whilst being a fraction of the price, but it's still a £400 phone I'd use for little more than basic functionality and Pokémon Go.

I have a TalkTalk contract sim, UK, Ideally I'd want a big phone like the LG G3 again. (146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm).
Removable battery is preferable, as is removable storage but it's not essential if there's at least 128gb of storage. The OnePlus 3T lacks both of these.
Adequate performance and high memory (not 2 fucking gb) are a must.
>>
I like the axon 7 but from what I've read it seems the QC isn't quite there, getting a little put off, esp as I live in UK so no customer service, I'll buy off ebay and then I'm on my own.

Might just get the Oneplus 3T, just need to deal without the micro sd slot
>>
>>59607260
> What's your problem with Chinese phones anyway?
Software. I wanna pure Android without bugs. And nice/midle camera, at least.
>>
>>59607447
If you want a removable battery then
Moto G5
LG G5 SE
>>
>>59607790
Then buy a fucking Nexus.
>>
Good phone for murrica on at&t for under $250? Decent build quality, LinOS support, 720p, and at least 64GB of internal storage and/or SD support would all be nice.
>>
I'm about to buy a Doogee Shoot 1. Talk me out of it
>>
>>59608154
Google stopped making them though. And Motorola phones have stock android too.
>>
File: myroid.png (564KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
myroid.png
564KB, 675x900px
>>59607056
Best phone for playing Moe Can Change Myroid 4 Life and Love Live School Idol Festival?
I had a supercheap chinkphone but it died months ago. So I need a good and affordable phone for calls/music and pic related.
I had spent so much time in that game that I just can not spend a day without it.

Bonus point for no android 4.4 (I had that version and sucked)
>>
>>59608721
So do Chinkphones like Vernee and Oukitel.

Your point?
>>
>>59608411
Moto G4 / G4 Plus
Moto G5 Plus (no LinOS yet but it's pretty much guaranteed to get it, every single Moto G phone before it has)
LeEco Le Max 2 (has official LinOS, full support for AT&T bands)
>>
Should I buy the midnight black OP3T or go with the regular gunmetal?
>>
>>59608986
That isn't even a question that you should really be asking, just get whichever one you prefer the look of since they are exactly the same otherwise
>>
>>59609005
I'm probably the most indecisive person on the face of the planet.
>>
>>59608986
>>59609026
Black version will be rarer so the resale value will probably be higher. Looks nicer too imo.
>>
>>59609026
Tbh, I could probably give you a run for your money
>>
Any release date confirmed on the Oneplus 4 (5)?

about to buy the 3t and I'll be gutted if it comes out within a month or 2
>>
>>59608896
Is Moto G5 Plus even available in the UK? Doesn't seem like it.
>>
>>59609304
It's on pre-order, delivery by April 4th if you buy from
https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/motorola/moto-g5-plus.html
>>
>family switches to Verizon due to AT&T having g bad service
>Verizon proceeds to fuck us in the ass
>$320 for 4 lines with 10gb of data between them, no phones to pay off
>My phone does so I get a Droid Turbo, they raise the bill even higher
>2 years later
>Finally just paid off the phone, my mom and brother are off our family plan and have Google phones on Project Find
>Just me and my lil bro on Verizon, no phones to pay off again, bill is still around $220 for two lines with 10gb a month

Guys I fucking have to get off Verizon. I really loved my Turbo but it's going to crack open and die any day now, it's really starting to show its age on being able to function, and the worst part is I haven't had more than .25 GB of space at any given time and I have no idea where it all went. I have absolutely no apps or photos or music or anything on this phone, yet in the storage display it says all 32gb are fucking taken.

I've been thinking of getting a S7 or S8, but they're kinda expensive and I'm hesitant to sign off on another contract. I would just go with the Google fi project but I don't really like their phones. For one thing, I can't get over having the bottom menu bar with the home and back buttons take up screen real estate.

Fuck me.
>>
>>59609387
What's your opinion of the Moto G5+?
>>
>>59609378
Good info, because this looks like a very reasonable phone for my needs.

Stupid question but SIM free means unlocked and ready to just put my SIM card in, no contract plan needed, right?
>>
>>59609387
>$320 for 10gb data
wtf, I can get unlimited data for 15€/mo. Currently paying 6€/mo for 4gb.
>>
>>59609407
It looks alright but I never know until I use the phone for like a week.

>>59609479
Yeah idk how they got around to fucking us over so badly. But they charge my gfs family the same and they don't mind because they're rich as hell.
>>
>>59609534
They get away with it because they always say the upkeep of the network costs so much when they barely do shit, American Carriers just gouge consumers and the govt just let's them do it
>>
>>59609475
Yes, just put your sim card in. If you'd like something similar but cheaper then the regular Moto G5 is already available to buy in the UK.
>>
>>59609584
The added processing ability matters to me, but I also just found that the G5 Plus listing on Carphone Warehouse is the 2gb mode, not 4gb. That's a dealbreaker.
>>
>>59609578
And the unlimited plans aren't actually unlimited
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/verizon-limits-unlimited-data-plans/
>>
Currently considering getting the Huawei p10. How does it stack up against phones like the Pixel?
>>
Probably going to ditch my Xperia Z3 Compact

any other good compact, "powerful" phones on the market not chinkshit? Was thinking the Z5 Compact but reviews are kinda fugged
>>
File: 3mLydMU.jpg (42KB, 600x494px) Image search: [Google]
3mLydMU.jpg
42KB, 600x494px
>Cares about "security"
>Roots their phone and doesn't unroot
>>
>>59607056
Ayumi is love.
gonna buy a bootloop5x to try out fi and just buy a pixel 2 when they come out.
>>
>>59610420

iPhone SE
>>
>>59610420
Xperia X Compact
iPhone SE

That's pretty much it
>>
>>59607447
There is a 128GB 3T version but it's $480 (which is still relatively cheap if you take into account the performance)
>>
Should I buy the Axon 7? It's a bit expensive for me but my options are limited as I need t-mobile band 12, prefer custom ROMs, and still want decent performance. I guess another option is the Moto G5+ but it has an LCD screen and SD625.
>>
Oneplus 3t black edition was meant to go up for sale 5 mins ago, what's going on?
>>
>>59610556
>>59610528
>>59610420
Xperia X Compact is good but it isn't a flagship. It's essentially a smaller version of the Xperia X. The chipset is much better than the 810 in the Z5C in terms of efficiency and heat. However, you don't get 4K video recording on the X Compact, nor do you get waterproofing.

There is a rumored Xperia XZ Compact on gsmarena but no news links have been posted on why they think it is coming.
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz_compact-8610.php

iPhone SE is a great little phone, the A9 chip is still great today even beating the Snapdragon 820 in benchmarks. If you're looking for a 4" phone this is basically your only option for decent performance. Only downside (and reason I haven't sidegraded from the 6S) is that it doesn't have 3D touch. Seems like a gimmick but is actually super useful.
>>
>>59610872
Okay, so it went up at 00:15 for whatever reason.

Ordered! So excited!
>>
>>59610830
LeEco Le Max 2?
>Under $200
>4GB ram, 64GB storage
>1440p display
>Snapdragon 820
>Official LineageOS build
>Fully compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile bands
>>
>>59611107
>no mSD support
>shit camera
>>
>>59611150
Camera is fine for a phone that's under $200. Also there's a 128gb version available if 64gb isn't enough.
>>
>>59611192
Won't be under $200 anymore, more like $290
>>
>>59611200
Why's that?
>>
Will I be able to get an s8 on contract? If not, what's the best current ~$400 phone? OP3T or Axon 7?
>>
>>59611107
Would buy if it had a smaller screen and built in 3.5mm jack.
>>
>>59611231
Also I'm on AT&T, so most chinese phones are out of the picture.
>>
>>59611231
Why wouldn't it be available on contract?
>>
looking for a case for the OP3T I just ordered, looking at the spigen neo hybrid and the otterbox, smashed my last phone, any recommendations on a case that will withstand the most drops?
>>
>>59611307
I don't know. Is on contract a cuck choice though?
>>
>>59611329
it's not necessarily a bad idea, personally I'll never do it again as I'm now paying £40 a month for the next year for a contract which would cost a lot less, if it weren't for the fact it's paying off my S7E
>>
>>59611359
Forgot to clarify, it's paying off my broken S7E
>>
>>59611023
appreciate the choice words, I was comparing them [z5c and xc] and really the XC seems lacking in addition to a hard plastic shell. Amazon is being a prick about the Z5C which I'd rather purchase despite being nearly 2 years old.
>>
>>59611383
Yeah the Z5C is definitely the better built of the two. I wouldn't recommend any phone with the 810 though, it's a really shitty chipset. Z5C ended up with worse battery life than the Z3C because of it. It should still work ok though, and you do get an update to N (but probably not O). You can unlock your bootloader and install custom software, but you lose certain camera DRM that make the camera work better in low light.

I find Amazon to be pretty overpriced in terms of phones, especially older Sony ones. See if you can find a reseller in your country, or even try ebay. Here in Canada the main reseller i know about has run out of Z5Cs.

One good thing about the X Compact is that it has USB Type C. I have had reversible connectors for my last couple phones so I don't think I would enjoy going back to microUSB.
>>
sup /g/
I ordered my ZUK z2. To get ready, i bought my 2nd data(tablet plan) sim for my current dual-sim phone, and swapped it with the current one(which was a pay as you go data plan) in my current phone(Mlaix MX)

Problem is, for some reason my Mlais MX cant use the data on the new sim... Or on the old one either(tried swapping back)

anyone know how to fix this? I can get texts on that sim, but if i try to access the net, its just a "no server found" error. It also only shows 3G on the phone, even though its a 4G sim. I tried messing around in the mobile networks(and made sure the APN details were correct for my provider - Rogers)

Anyone have an idea? I know its a stab in the dark, since i cant really give too much info, since i honestly dont know WHERE to look.
>>
>>59611221
Double the storage, check Geekbuying or Banggood, you'll see
>>
>>59611309
Ordered the tudia omnix and the spigen neo hybrid
>>
>>59611542
Your Mlais MX sounds like the second SIM slot is only reserved for calls/text
It might support 2G/EDGE, but if your provider phased it out then that would be why you're not getting data, same shit on my old Asus Zenfone 2's second SIM
>>
looking for a lower end 5" phone with a US warranty, would Moto G4 play or Blu Life one x2 mini be a better purchase?
>>
>>59611942
No, i replaced the old data sim with a new one. the phone and text sim is still set to be on 2G(phone only supports 1 4g/3g sim, and the other is forced into 2g)

Just did a factory reset and same thing.... I think i fucked the phone up somehow when i swapped the sims... Fucking irritating as hell..
>>
>>59612117
Or your APN settings are off, check that
>>
>>59612090
Don't get the Blu, their warranty is a joke cause I have the BLOX2 non mini and their warranty company is some chicken shit outfit in Oklahoma and require you to get an estimate with a letterhead shipped to them so they can determine to honor it or not
>>
>>59612201
checked that too... The sims were from the same network(Rogers in Canada) so that shouldnt be the issue either.

Honestly, i thought it must be something like a freak hardware failure, but again, the sim still shows up in the settings, and i can still receive texts on it..
>>
>>59607056

Why would I choose the Redmi Note 4 or 3 over the Redmi Note 4X?

The 4X has the SD625, 3GB RAM, and various official ROMs (Supports the same ROMs as the Note 4).

What's the unlock process like, in regards to getting TWRP and a custom ROM on a Xiaomi phone?

Asking because I'm genuinely considering getting the Note 4X, as a poor Australian. Was originally considering the Nextbit Robin.
>>
>>59612606
>Why would I choose the Redmi Note 4 or 3 over the Redmi Note 4X?
Redmi Note 4X 64 GB version isn't common.

>What's the unlock process like, in regards to getting TWRP and a custom ROM on a Xiaomi phone?
http://en.miui.com/unlock/
>>
>>59612664
I've never used over 10GB or storage on a phone. I don't play games or torrent.

So it looks like a pretty straight forward process, unlocking.

Thanks!
>>
>>59607056
Hey /spg/, does anyone know how good either Apple or Verizon is at determining if a phone suffered internal damage not covered under warranty?

Because I'm a huge sperglord and a retard, I ended up throwing my iPhone against a wall in a fit of anger today. Now it's broken and won't turn on. After talking with both Apple and Verizon tech support, they've both concluded my phone is irreparably broken and needs to be replaced.

Luckily, my phone is still under limited warranty. But as you can guess, the warranty doesn't cover "accidental" damage like throwing it against a wall. I only told Verizon and Apple that my phone stopped working all of a sudden, so I can still get my phone replaced for free, but only if Apple or Verizon don't notice I threw it against a wall.

I have the option of taking my iPhone to an Apple retail store tomorrow and getting it replaced there, or receiving a new iPhone from Verizon in 3 days and then shipping my broken phone back.

So my question is, which company is more likely to notice that my phone was damaged from being thrown against a wall?

There's no damage on the exterior, my concern is that they'll notice it was thrown against a wall when they open up the phone to do a component check.
>>
>>59613141
Apple store for sure, a carrier will get uppity about it
>>
>>59613440
Can you elaborate? Why exactly is a carrier more likely to get "uppity"? And what makes Apple less greedy and more likely to not ask questions if they notice signs of blunt force upon opening up the phone?
>>
File: 1372398828095.png (58KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
1372398828095.png
58KB, 500x428px
My LG G5 is fucking up and i haven't even had it for a year

thinking of getting a new phone but not sure what
I have the lg g5 and was thinking of either LG V20, S8 or the G6

Which should I pick? Which is gonna be better
>>
>>59613714
s8 unless you need the features of the v20

also warranty - you didn't lose the warranty on a phone whose manufacturer is infamous for hardware issues, right?
>>
>>59613714
Why would you even consider another LG? They make shit phones.
>>
>>59613831
>>59613729
the only reason why i'd consider them is cause G3 was such an amazing phone that worked so well I guess I am just hoping they would have another G3 on their hands
>>
File: 7JVv5YP.jpg (462KB, 1050x1271px) Image search: [Google]
7JVv5YP.jpg
462KB, 1050x1271px
Just got the quickcircle folio for my LG G3

3 years and no brakes on this train senpai
>>
alright guys, its come down to this:

redmi note 4x or Zuk z2.

I like the small form factor of the z2, but the massive battery of the note 4 really edges it in.

Which one has better 3rd party rom support?
>>
File: 1397448322414.jpg (504KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1397448322414.jpg
504KB, 2000x3000px
Does Lineage OS improve or worsen battery performance? I just ordered a Me Max 2 and the only thing that worries me is the 3000mah battery powering a huge high res display.
>>
>>59614097

Are you me? The struggle is real. Leaning towards the 4X because it's cheaper and I've never done Xbax HUEG phone before.

It looks like the 4X has quite a selection of official ROMs, but neither it or the Succ Z2 have Lineage
>>
OnePlus 3T or Google Pixel? Coming from a Aysoos Zenfone 2 Laser. This phone is starting to get slow and outdated. It's rooted with LineageOS (Nougat, 7.1.1) and I think it'll be dead by the time Android O comes out. I was thinking of the Pixel but it's 900 CAD. The 3T on the other hand is cheaper, but idk there's something about it I don't like. Also a question for the 3T, it comes with the fast charger in the box, correct?
>>
File: 190kmzika3szdjpg.jpg (110KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
190kmzika3szdjpg.jpg
110KB, 800x450px
>>59608859
> So do Chinkphones like Vernee and Oukitel.
> Vernee
> Oukitel
What the fuck I am reading.
>>
I want a smartphone that's fully unlocked, and 100% customizable. I don't want chink shit you need to hack into, I want a fucking open phone.

I want to root it without hacking it.

What's the best option for this? Money is not a concern.
>>
>>59614526
OP3T is fantastic for its price range and yeah, it comes with a dash charger by default.
>>
>>59614688
define "hack into"
most of the time, in worst-case scenarios, you have to just run some 3rd party script on your pc with the phone plugged in, or in best case scenario, run some script from the official vendor.

its honestly not difficult at all
>>
Is the Le Max 2 the only option for a cheap phone with an 820 and band 12? Axon 7 and OnePlus 3T are double the price, and the Z2 doesn't have all the US bands.
>>
i needed a phone relatively soon and I just pulled the trigger on a midnight black like my soul OP3T how badly did I fuck up?
>>
>>59614767
>define "hack into"
If the software/firmware on the phone needs anything 3rd party or not supplied by the manufacturer to root it, I'll consider it hacking.

If I'm buying a phone from say Samsung or something, and Samsung offers no official way to root my phone, then it needs hacking, and I'm not interested.

It's disgusting how people boast about Android being all open source and an open platform yet seemingly none of the phones on the market are actually open, it's all just community driven hack tools instead.
>>
>>59615060
xiaomi provides a first-party tool for unlocking the bootloader. Moto phones do as well, iirc.

and while I agree, its pretty gross that most vendors dont supply an easy way to unlock bootloaders, once you actually get past that step (which you only need to do once, and in most cases literally only takes minutes), the phone is as open as it possibly could be.

your aversion to "hacking" is going to exclude a lot of great phone options from your choice for essentially no reason.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170328-081749.png (140KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170328-081749.png
140KB, 2560x1440px
What the fug!?
From 40 to 0% in seconds.
Nexus 6P on 7.1.1
>>
>>59615185
>nexus device
>battery

what did you expect?
>>
>>59615202
This
Great phones otherwise but I'd gladly pay 50$ more for one that doesn't need to be charged during the middle of the day
>>
File: S70328-08311135.jpg (48KB, 477x439px) Image search: [Google]
S70328-08311135.jpg
48KB, 477x439px
>>59615185
>>
File: Selvä.jpg (75KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
Selvä.jpg
75KB, 1024x678px
>>59615202
>Muh 3450mAh
>>
File: IMG_20170325_215348.jpg (734KB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170325_215348.jpg
734KB, 3120x4160px
What does /csg/ think of the Doogee Shoot 1? Here's a night shot.
>>
File: 32268912364_b1694502a3_o.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
32268912364_b1694502a3_o.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>59615592
And here's an artificial indoor light shot. Keep in mind that these are not shots made by Doogee Shoot 1, they are just for reference.
>>
this is my phone
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Evo_4G

I want to install android 4.1 on it and perm root it
I have an SD Card

Where do I begin?
Anyone have a complete guide?
>>
File: 1360302937420.png (94KB, 596x650px) Image search: [Google]
1360302937420.png
94KB, 596x650px
Looking for a new phone to replace my aging Xperia Z1 compact. The battery only holds a charge for 30 minutes now, and it's pretty beaten-up too.

>Under $200 (Add +20% to US prices since we have crazy VAT here)
>LTE B20 support
>Similar or better performance as the Z1C
>Android Nougat
>Notification LED
>At least 5 hours SoT

I've been looking at the Xiaomi Note 4, the Huawei P9 Lite,or even the Redmi 4A, just because it's so cheap. However there are a lot of options at this price point, so I thought I'd ask you guys for recommendations.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (535KB, 1418x806px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
535KB, 1418x806px
Performance or battery life?

I've narrowed my choices between these two phones that are probably in the same price range.
What's the better phone for the long run. I don't usually play games cause its gay.
>>
>>59615920
save up a little and just get a oneplus 2
>>
>>59616334
I can get that for the same price used as the Note 4, would the battery have degraded much in an ~1 year old phone?

Though I'd rather stick to cheaper phones, since I don't need flagship performance, nor do I want a too flashy one only to have some subhuman gypsy steal it.
>>
>>59616294
Endurance rating is bullshit.
Google gsmarena of your phone's battery life and you'll know it's full of shit.
Most phone barely last a day, even if I only run WhatsApp + Wifi in the background.
>>
Why does r/android hates OnePlus so much?
inb4 plebbit
>>
Moto G4 here (not the plus one)

Is it possible to root the thing without losing the warranty? With most of my phones I always ended up having trouble and went back to stock ROMs, but still needed root functionality just for two or three things. I can't really trust Lineage OS to be a better experience on the phone than CyanogenMod was on anything I owned either.
>>
My Samsung Galaxy S4 is on the decline

Looking to upgrade soon.

I was thinking about getting a S7 after the S8 comes out, but I just saw a On5.

Which one should I go with?
>>
>>59616294
Get the A7, the 3T is only worth it if you heavily customise the whole thing. No problem with that, but you'll have to find a ROM that's not a unified devices build.

I'd get the A7, all the ROM modding I'd do it on my older phone.
>>
File: 1479807909688.jpg (119KB, 905x881px) Image search: [Google]
1479807909688.jpg
119KB, 905x881px
Man fuck the smartphone market.
>>
>>59616714
the original idea of oneplus was to offer flagship tier specs at budget tier prices

now they offer flagship tier specs at almost flagship tier prices, and are slowly turning into just another Samsung/Apple/HTC etc
>>
>>59616714

Their marketing was ten kinds of fucked, from “break your phone guise” to a blatantly sexist contest, and that was before they shipped their first phone.

The One had a number of defects (yellow screen) and customer support that did fuck all.

They overhyped the Two and released a phone that underdelivered and is still wanting for timely updates.

The Three is the only phone of theirs to not have a stupid flaw on release.

t. plebbit whore
>>
>>59617125
the on series is shit. don’t go for it, just hold out for the s7
>>
>>59616779
nvm, I fucked myself up. I updated to nougat through OTA and apparently there's no way to go back or root the device without having issues. Man.
>>
>>59617658
>budget tier pricing
$349
>almost flagship tier
$429
>actual flagships
$600-800
>>
>>59617885
2 RMB has been deposited into your account
>>
I've been looking at the zuk z2 pro and it seems like it has really great specs for the price, but one thing that's getting me is the 1080p display

it's shit for vr, which i realise is a meme, but has anyone tried out google daydream yet? is it worth seeing?
>>
>>59614602
You're an idiot
>>
>>59617986
Z2 Pro gets fantastic battery life because it's "only" 1080p.
>>
Today I managed to try the S7 Edge.
Why?
Why those fucking curved edges?
Who is the goddamn idiot that thought that having a screen curved in that way was a good idea?
Why of all the fucking useless gimmicks they chose the one that had the most drawbacks?
Because of those edges
>you always have glares on the screen
>the two sides of the screen become literally unusable
>everything that is displayed gets distorted along the edges because of the curvature of the screen

I wanted to buy the S8 because of those small bezels, but the lack of a version without the curved edges made me change my mind.

I need to find another product to put at the top of my wishlist.
>>
>iPhone 6 just started acting up the other day
>screen keeps getting this grainy white tint over it and is clearly fucked
>time is almost up on the family plan I'm on

I live in the upper rural midwest and I was looking to go prepaid. What plans either have the most first world tier phones or allow you to bring in your own phone? What's probably the best android I could get for $400?
>>
>>59614097
There's a stable and maintained Lineage OS ROM for the ZUK Z2.
>>
it makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>59618523
>nipple ring for your phone
Shit man sign me up
>>
How does the S8 and the S8 Plus work with Gear VR? Can the same headset accommodate either phone, or are there different Gear VR models?
>>
Whats a good smartphone for under £250?
>>
How is Cricket? $55 for unlimited everything seems kinda nice.
>>
>>59618523
flygrip.com is way better
>>
>>59614097
Zuk z2 has official Mokee rom.
>>
>>59618144
just get the LG G6.. flat S8 minus the touchwizz..
>>
>>59607406
My Moto G2 is slow as shit but it does everything I need it to do.
>>
>>59618792
>IPS screen with meme round corners
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>59607056
I really like to Jailbreak but am considering going to Android.

Though probably not. Iphone 7 Plus or 7?
>>
>do rounded corners
>it looks worse than using cornerfly
LMAO KOREANS FUCK EVERYTHING UP
>>
>>59609387
Go Tmobile.
>>
File: 1483759382108.jpg (119KB, 392x440px) Image search: [Google]
1483759382108.jpg
119KB, 392x440px
Where can I buy a LG V20 in the UK? Is Wonda Mobile trustworthy? Looks shady as shit.
>>
File: IMG_20161220_112742.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161220_112742.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
Hey guys what do you think of budget dual camera phones, like the Doogee Shoot 1!

Is it a meme or is it here to stay?
>>
>>59618792
>LG G6
>Gorilla Glass 5 on the back
>Gorilla Glass 3 on the screen
Are they literally retarded?
>>
File: le_rust_face.jpg (69KB, 775x837px) Image search: [Google]
le_rust_face.jpg
69KB, 775x837px
Shit question here..
But would T-Mobile have the LG G6 in store yet?
>>
Ok /g/ you have $300 to spend on a US AT&T phone. What do you get?
>>
>>59619611
A gun to kill myself with
>>
are those unlist from imei blacklist from all over ebay any reliable? seems to good to be real
>>
>>59619689
Not as helpful as I was hoping
>>
>>59619689
This. You can probably find a good enough shotgun to get it done for <$300
>>
>>59619611
Another carrier.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170328-102720.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170328-102720.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Recommend me a good icon set. I just updated to Nougat and I want a good icon set that'll make things pretty
>>
File: 1362001159156.jpg (27KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1362001159156.jpg
27KB, 500x333px
Any cheap phone with a Snapdragon 820 and a good camera?
>>
File: WP_20160703_006.jpg (96KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160703_006.jpg
96KB, 640x360px
got a purple line and cracked screen on s6 edge, expired warranty.

is it really more expensive to fix that than get a new phone? feels like a waste when everything else works fine.
>>
>>59619857
Build your own with iconstructor
>>
What smartwatches can I look forward to now that Pebble is kill?

I REALLY like my pebble time with ~7 day battery but it's bound to go defunct kind of soon.
>>
I'd like to buy a zuk z2 but it says it's missing the 800 MHz, with my currier actually uses. Should I look for something else?
Please help before the sales go away.
>>
>>59620040
carrier*
>>
>>59618766
>flygrip
>THIRTY dollar plastic mold

Oh man they are gonna get CHINK'D the fuck out. Still SEEMS like a good idea though.
>>
>>59619457
Shoo shoo
>>
>>59619611
Moto G5 Plus
ZTE Blade V8 Pro
Honor 6X / Honor 8
LeEco Le Max 2
>>
>>59618755
Caps your download/upload to 8Mbps
>>
>>59620098
I had some Chinese knock offs but they were really shitty, I like the originals though.
>>
>>59619857
Check the homescreen threads in /wg/ for inspiration and recommendations
>>
>>59619874
zuk z2/z2 pro
>>
>>59619874
Mi5
ZUK Z2 Pro
>>
>>59620040
Redmi Note 4 Global and Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Edition have B20. ZUK Z2 Pro too.
>>
>that latest flossy video on the backpack
>"yo you can fit all ya phones in hea"
>pulls out 10 fucking phones
For what purpose tho
>>
>>59619136
The round corners aren't a meme, they make the screen less likely to crack if dropped. Ever wonder why aeroplanes have round windows?
>>
>>59620286
>>59619162
>>
>>59619457
Impressed

i'm gonna get 1. I'm prepared to be amazed.
>>
>>59607498
>just need to deal without the micro sd slot
So get the 128gb one.
>>
>>59620040
You don't need b20. Z2 is all you need.
>>
>>59619162
b..but I actually like corerfly
>>
>>59619896
PLEASE

RESPONDOMUNDO
>>
>>59620128
Well damn. Are there any better alternatives with a similar rate and coverage?
>>
>>59620168
The homescreen thread has .1% people actually doing anything of their own and 99.9% of iphone rejects with a fetish for 70's style floral bathroom decor.
>>
>>59620365
Take it to a phone repair place and find out how much they want to fix it
>>
>>59620365
I fix phones for a living and yes it's crazy expensive to fix with an original quality screen. Not as much as a new phone but it's up there. Personally I'd prefer to fix it at least once if you know everything else still works or can buy a brand new one (not used or "refurbished") for less. I've seen way too many scammed people buying used phones and dealing with water damaged shit that doesn't show problems right away. Also, I'm obviously biased as fuck.

Here in sweden we take ~300€ to install a new screen on S6 edge. I'm sure that's far more expensive than in other countries though.
>>
>>59620324
I did order the 128, was never even considering the 64, still would be nice to have the option for more space
>>
>>59620500
would the screen replacement fix the purple line issue? more have appeared over tme, and they flicker to green or back to normal based on pressure applied at the top of the screen
>>
>>59620189
>>59620191
Does the Zuk Z2 PRO have good custom rom support? Will custom roms cause the camera to go to shit (like on Samsung and Sony devices?).

Will custom roms on the Mi5 cause the camera to go to shit?
>>
File: sony-xperia-l1-1.jpg (25KB, 534x650px) Image search: [Google]
sony-xperia-l1-1.jpg
25KB, 534x650px
Is Sony trying to commit suicide?
>>
>>59620856
>hard corners
Will this ever take off in the future?
>>
>>59620856
wtf is that
>>
>>59620394
Is it imperative to have unlimited? If not I think h2o wireless is still got some decent rates for data
>>
>>59620691
Yes most likely, it's a normal screen issue. Mostly it's because they were damaged from a drop but the edge screens are having these problems even without any real damage dealt to them.

Edge screens are really fucking dumb in a world where normal screens shatter from relatively small drops.
>>
>>59620878
Not exactly, but I do use quite a bit sometimes.
>>
>>59620286
>The round corners aren't a meme, they make the screen less likely to crack if dropped.
I know about this little detail, but is this effect significant in any way or form? Also, usually it's the covering glass that is subject to cracks, because it extends up to the frame, while the screen is usually smaller than the glass: in other words the frame is what takes the impact, and is usually transferred to the glass because it's in direct contact with the frame on all sides, while the screen isn't.
>Ever wonder why aeroplanes have round windows?
As I said I know what happens to forces when they encounter sharp edges, but again, is there any actual study that shows how rounded corners on a smartphone's screen improve screen survivability during various impacts? I honestly doubt the engineering of any smartphone extends to finite elements analysis and actual research on products survivability: usually is marketing that dictates shape and forms, and I bet this is just another gimmick devised by those marketing experts subhumans.
>>
>>59620893
Straight Talk's most is 10GB for $55
I get 8 for $40 on h20, there might be better though
>>
>>59620870
I hope so. It looks way better than rounded.
>>
Moto G5 Plus is only available in the UK in no RAM edition. Can someone explain to me why they do this shit? Why miss the chance to milk me out of shekels I'd spend on the 4GB version when they've made one anyway?
>>
I'm about to buy this bad boy (zuk z2 shills come to me)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Succ-Z2/32757932145.html?
Anything to know before pulling the trigger?
Shitty chink vendor ROM, customs fucking my ass, requests to the seller...
It's the first time I buy something this expensive from aliexpress, I need help bois.
>>
>>59620950
Make sure it's the right version and will work with your network
>>
>>59620976
on the aliexpress page specifics 2G/3G/4G are all pretty much fine (I'm this anon >>59620040)
Should I check something else?
>>
File: IMG.jpg (237KB, 1191x893px) Image search: [Google]
IMG.jpg
237KB, 1191x893px
>>59620889
I'm at work right now and I have nothing to do until I close up in an hour. See pic, waiting on a regular S6 screen.

Anyone have any questions regarding fixing Smartphones so I can kill some time? I've mostly experienced Iphones since 3GS, Samsungs since S1 and Xperia since the first Z + ipads.
>>
File: 20170328_115300-01.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170328_115300-01.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
This is the best phone for $185
>>
>>59620286
I'm sorry but I don't drop airplanes, comrade.
>>
>>59621015
>drinking with an open cup in your workspace
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>59620914
Can I bring any phone I want into either of those plans?
>>
File: 1486939172920.jpg (49KB, 503x604px) Image search: [Google]
1486939172920.jpg
49KB, 503x604px
>>59621015
For the waterproof Xperias, how do you glue them back? Do you have the same kind of material as the official repair shops have?

For the Xperia Z1 specifically, what's the most common problem it has?
>>
>>59621062
As long as they're GSM compatible and have band 2/4/5/17 support for LTE, sure
>>
>>59621020
I'm retarded, what phone?
>>
>>59621202
Axon 7 mini
>>
>>59621041
I clean it out regularly.

>>59621103
We do get pre-cut tape to seal them up but you can never rely on it being waterproof unless you use silicone or something similar. The original "springy" tape I have yet to see available but doubt it would make much of a difference. Nevertheless the water seals dry up within 1-2 years and ANY impact, even if it doesn't crack the glass or dent the frame, can mess up the water resistance. Frankly you should never expect a phone to survive being submerged and always try to protective from excessive splash or rain.

The Z1 had problems with the hatch rubber coming off, rendering it non-waterproof, again. The back also breaks easily and repairing it is a pain in the fuckin arse as everything inside has to align to the millimeter or it would make gaps and the back would eventually fall off. It doesn't help everything is either "clicked" into place or held down by tape and glue. Oh and they're infamous for losing the ENTIRE touch funtionality if the glas ever gets a single crack. Unlike the iphone which I see people using every day with spiderweb cracks all over.
>>
>>59621020
eh... Other than the microSD, i think the zuk Z2 is a better buy(especially if you want something more single hand friendly, and better battery life)

Its definitely better than the other meme flagships tho.
>>
>>59621020
Where you finding them for $185?
>>
>>59620911
www.androidauthority.com/lg-g6-reliability-display-battery-heat-752389/
>>
>>59620938
Doubt they'll only sell the 2gb version of the Moto G5 Plus when they're selling the 3gb version of the regular Moto G5
>>
>>59621015
Do you ever replace just the glass when it's cracked or is it always the whole display assembly that gets replaced
>>
>>59621368
Yeah, so why are they only listing the 2GB on Carphone Warehouse, the only place listing the plus at all so far? So they can announce it as contract-only for someone else later?
>>
>>59621412
Personally I've only replaced the entire display assembly on phones. On Ipads I've replaced just the digitizer hundreds of times though.

Removing the digitizer on a curved screen is just about impossible or at least so I've heard. On other phones like Iphone it's possible but 10-20x more time consuming and you have a high risk of either destroying the egg shell LCD or an even higher risk of scraping it so results are rarely great but servicable for yourself. Most of our customers wouldn't accept it though, if there's just a speck anywhere they'll come right back most of the time.
>>
>>59621441
I assume the 4gb version will be available later.
>>
>>59619896
leave it be

A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>59621466
Yeah, i think with the iphone4, they cemented the digitizer to the LCD... which is odd, cause you could still find the digitizer sold on its own, on PLENTY of ebay pages... The kinda person who has the tools and skill required to re-laminate a digitizer to an LCD is probably going to have a professional supplier for those replacement parts, so i figure most of the ebay sellers are just taking advantage of the idiots who dont know any better.

*I almost fell into that trap. Then I watched a youtube tutorial before buying the smashed 5s and replacement digitizer, and clued in that even if i *DID* have the tools, its doubtful id be happy with the results since i dont have a clean-room to do the actual install.
>>
>>59621613
You need to manually "cut" the lcd from the old digitizer, clean it up, put on a new digitizer with a uh "fluid" which cements the parts together (without getting dirt between as you said) AND cure it with a strong UV light.

Plenty of people ask to replace just the glass and some even come with the parts but It's simply not worth it. People want it done FAST so lowering the price for a shitload more work and extending the repair time to several hours would probably render my store less customers. Especially since we're only two here at a time so you can't just have someone on digitizer-replacement-duty for those who are willing to wait or you will lose those that need it fast. Mostly within an hour.

Youtube is truly the bane of people valuing my work. They expect it to take literally 5min. It's always fun when they take their stuff "to do it myself" and then come back with a bag of mixed parts and STILL hope for me to fix it CHEAPER since they did "half" the work. Nevermind sorting all that shit out and getting a screw length wrong in the motherboard can downright kill it.

Well I'm off, closing up now, thanks for the questions. I'll check later when I get home if anyone asks anything else.
>>
>tried to purchase the P10
>the seller refused,
>they had it in stock but could not sell it until friday
>start shouting "fuckin commies" as i leave the store
>>
>>59621327
>LG said that
Discarded.
>>
>>59621987
Fuckin too right
>>
>>59610420
i don't know if you consider huawei chinkshit, but the honor 8 is pretty good
>>
So when will a true successor to my GOAT Galaxy Note 5 appear?
>>
>>59622501
>non-removable battery
>no microSD slot
>no IR blaster
>no MHL TV-out
Note 4 was the last good Note
>>
>>59619716
anyone? no one?
>>
>>59622562
I wouldn't trust them unless they had something proving they were removed from the blacklist, but couldn't you use them on prepaid SIMs?
>>
>>59609387
T-Mobile. They currently still have their 2 lines for $100 flat promotion going so jump on that.
>>
>>59622656
I dont trust them. No, you can't use them at all in states.
>>
>>59622842
>I dont trust them. No, you can't use them at all in states.

Fuck that then, you answered the question
>>
>>59620950
I got mine from Aliexpress as well.

I installed the Indian ROM, cause it works with google services out of box.

Lenovo website said that it will get Android 7 on May 17.
The Chinese ROM already has Nougat.
>>
Anybody have experience with Google Voice?
I'm trying to port my tracfone BYOP number to them and wew does it drag on. I had to change the account number twice since tf/vzw rejected the request. (Now trying IMEI with the check digit, that MEID doesn't have)
>>
Looking to update some hardware

What's the best cheap phone I can get?
>currently moto e lte stuck on android 5.1
What's the best cheap tablet I can get?
>currently samsung tab 4 7.0 stuck on android 4.4.2 ..
>>
>>59623045
>phone
define "cheap"
>tablet
it's fucking 2017
>>
>>59620286
>implying the screen isn't actually rectangular
>implying """rounded corners""" isn't just a paint behind the glass front panel
>>
>>59623028
>wanting to be part of the botnet
>>
>>59623112
>define "cheap"
$150 unlocked
>tablet
it works for my work flow
>>
which phone should i buy?
>>
>>59623195
It's just because there's no better way to avoid number porting when switching carriers, plus free VOIP with that number.
And there's nobody more corrupt than U.S. cell carriers anyway.
>>
>>59623379
>no better way to avoid number porting when switching carriers
Just ask?
>>
Vivo v5 plus user here. This phone is well built, Good touch and a better camera than most.
Overpriced. should have been $80 less. But I got discounts from buy back and credit offers.
>>
>>59623378
Samsung Galaxy Y
>>
>>59623196
>>59623045
http://s.aliexpress.com/RNZr6rii
http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_602714.html?wid=11
>>
>>59607406
I have an iPhone 4 since 6 years ago and it sometimes gets slow or crash but it serves for what I do, that is very simple things.

I checked the other day how much RAM it has and is 512 MB xDDDD and 1Ghz CPU xDdddd

That's like a game boy compared with today smartphones.
>>
>>59623475
bought :)
>>
File: 13256988.jpg (134KB, 422x437px) Image search: [Google]
13256988.jpg
134KB, 422x437px
>micro usb port is loose and won't secure cables
>>
It's like having an ssd in my phone.

Pretty cool imo.
>>
>>59622892
Where do I find everything i need about official roms and other things? zukfans.eu?
Also, how's zui? And should I reflash it to avoid dodgy vendor roms?
>>
>>59624299
dumb phoneposter

also, what phone?
>>
>>59623478

Why not recommend the Redmi Note 4X?

Is there a reason that people spruik the Note 4 over the Note 4X? It seems that they can be had for within $10 of each other.
>>
>>59625430
>>
>>59625486
Note 4 Global has B4 (1700/2100) AWS and B20 (800) LTE. If you don't need either then sure, just get the Note 4X.
>>
>>59625780
Shit, some stores sell the 4X with the 4 international ROM
>>
>>59625526
>7.0
fuck you're old
>>
>>59621264
>Oh and they're infamous for losing the ENTIRE touch funtionality if the glas ever gets a single crack
I experienced this with my z1c and I was quite pissed considering other phones work fine after shattering. Didn't know it was a problem endemic to the z phones.
>>
File: IMG_20170329_002931.jpg (677KB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170329_002931.jpg
677KB, 2560x1920px
It arrived today.
Did I fall for a meme?
(pic taken with old brick)
>>
>>59621264
Yet another reason to purchase the new Apple iPhone 7 Plus.
>>
>>59626173
How is it? What made you buy it?
>>
>>59626348
Felt like I needed a new phone. Old one started running out of space after many updates and also was slow with apps in general.

This one seemed like the best compromise as I am cheap on most things. So far it's cool. I'll have to go tomorrow to get a microSIM as my old phone used a standard SIM.
>>
is this a good sd card?
using with my huawei mate 9.
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Scheda-MicroSD-Addatatore-Arancione/dp/B00WR0HIR4
>>
i'm rocking a Samsung GS4 on Boost, but my SIM card is going out so i'm in the market for a new phone. ideally i'd like to spend less than $200 but i'm willing to go up to $300 if it's a quality device. any suggestions?
>>
>>59625803
http://www.gsmarena.com/unlocked_us_galaxy_s7_receives_march_security_update_still_no_nougat-news-24221.php
>>
File: huawei_p9_lite_2017_2.jpg (578KB, 2400x1778px) Image search: [Google]
huawei_p9_lite_2017_2.jpg
578KB, 2400x1778px
>Ironically love the newer iPhone design
>Dislike the pricing and limited iOS features
>Find pics related
>mfw even the Android Skin is good
Best $180 I ever spent
>>
File: honor_8_lite.jpg (309KB, 1357x1071px) Image search: [Google]
honor_8_lite.jpg
309KB, 1357x1071px
>>59626869
Oh and by the way. This phone has 4 different names
>Huawei p8 lite 2017
>Huawei p9 lite 2017 (Yep the same9
>Honor 8 Lite
>Huawei Nova Lite
>>
>>59626869
bitches wont like your green text bubbles

>>59626819
ancient

If you're not on 7.1 yet throw your phone in the trash and get a new one
>>
does anyone know if theres a jailbreak for 10.0.2 for the iphone 7? I can only find one for 10.1.x
>>
>>59626920
In my country iPhone users are joke, so I will be safe.

I
>>
File: 1483569218005.jpg (77KB, 814x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483569218005.jpg
77KB, 814x500px
>not a power user
>can't get it out of my head that I -need- a top end phone
>almost all the well designed and nice looking phones are flagships
>almost all the phones with nice screens are flagships
>almost all the phones with good DACs are flagships
>those are the only 3 things I care about
>going to end up spending 3x as much on a phone as i really need to so that I have a shinier slab of plastic in my pocket

what's the cure for terminal brain problems?
>>
Xiaomi Mi 5 cop or not?
>>
>>59627896
Cop, it's a great phone
>>
Motorola X Style for $30 unlimited call/msg and 15GB 24mth contract

Did I do well anons?
>>
File: 1484057334104.jpg (25KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1484057334104.jpg
25KB, 321x322px
Is the OP3T as good as everybody makes out? I want a new phone and it always seems to be better than similarly priced phones, but way cheaper than slightly better ones.

I just don't want to buy the hot meme phone
>>
>>59628133
Zuk Z2 Pro
>>
how much of an upgrade would a Galaxy note 4 be from my htc one m8? I've been looking at it and honestly it seems perfect with a removable battery and stylus.

either that or i'll get some chink phone like a zuk z2 pro or an axon 7
>>
>>59628392
Get either of the chink phones, the Note 4 is a dinosaur
>>
>>59628410
tfw the stylus and removable battery are things of the distant past now
>>
File: 1484283841968.gif (176KB, 312x322px) Image search: [Google]
1484283841968.gif
176KB, 312x322px
>Galaxy S8 design

please samsung don't shit the bed on this one
>>
>>59628429
Soz about the stylus, but the batteries are still around HOWEVER
>bootloops
>>
What's a good reading app for your smartphones, senpaitachi?
>>
>>59625780

I guess because I use Vodafone in Australia then that's not an issue.

Thanks for pointing that out.
>>
>>59619457
Nice

Doogee Shoot really is the budget phone to go to.
>>
>>59628452
>glare edge meme
otherwise it's top notch
>>
Please help, anyone knows how to activate notifications on the Mate 9 lockscreen?
Also how to use the notification led when the screen is turned off?
>>
so what replaces the lg v10? solid specs, 'mil-spec' durability, removable battery, sd card, badass DAC
>>
File: l6pkTGc.png (362KB, 523x592px) Image search: [Google]
l6pkTGc.png
362KB, 523x592px
>>59629263
v20 probably :^)
>>
In newpipe do you guys use the external video/audio player or is there a better alternative?
>>
>>59629799
*Internal
Fuck
>>
>>59629799
No better alternative, why don't you like the internal player?
>>
>>59629867
I just don't like how it doesn't pause when I take off the headphones in audio mode. It also plays over other audio
>>
>>59629902
Is this b8?
>>
>>59629902
I meant unplug from the jack. I need sleep methinks.
>>
>>59629931
What app pauses when the headphones are taken off? MX player doesn't even do this
>>
File: bad_posture.jpg (159KB, 544x841px) Image search: [Google]
bad_posture.jpg
159KB, 544x841px
Should I get the Exynos or Snapdragon powered S7 edge? The Snapdragon is like 10 bucks cheaper though.

Which is better /g/?
>>
>>59630056
exynos is better, but if you're on verizon or sprint it won't work.

be extra careful buying from amazon for exynos, 99% no warranty, so only buy fuffiled by amazon units

look out for bad sellers in the reviews
>>
>>59629967
Mine does. If I need to stop the music I just unplug the iem.
>>
>>59618055
No he's not
>>
>>59629227
What's even the point of that? Between that and the lack of home/back/menu buttons I'm probably just going to get an S7 instead of the S8.
>>
>>59631400
Yes you are.
>>
im about the buy the redmi note 4x for ~200 CAD in the ali sale.
Was going to get the zuk z2, but durability and battery are really important for me, and I dont think the 625 over the 820 or the extra gig of ram are going to make the extra difference in the future to where i'll regret my decision unless google starts really fucking android up.

If there is anything I should consider, please stop me.
>>
Why is touchwiz hated so much?
>>
>>59632178
Cause it used to be fucking atrocious and very ugly. Now it's not really so bad. Same reason people say "lagdroid"
>>
Is what im looking for even in a phone right now?

>forward speakers
> snapdragon 821 or higher
>water resistant
>GOOD battery, none of that 2300 mah bullshit
> fairly large, at least 5.7 in
>usb c
> fingerprint reader
>no fucking gimmicks, just an overall good phone
> LESS THAN $700

So many phones come close, but no forward facing speakers on a lot of them kill it for me.
Currently using a note 2 and looking to upgrade soon.

Also looking for carriers. Best carrier for $50 or under a month?
>>
>>59622551
note 4 boiz

is there a good newer alternative to note 4?
>>
>>59632424
Wait for htc 11. Should be out around Q2.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170328-224108.png (261KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170328-224108.png
261KB, 1440x2560px
>>59630650
Thank you, I've already got the Exynos following your advice.
It's pretty fast though, and apparently I also got the ISOCELL camera, not sure if it's worst than the Sony but it takes amazing photos.

I'm not from the US so I can pretty much choose either one of those from different carriers unlocked.
>>
>>59632497
>>>59622551
>note 4 boiz
>is there a good newer alternative to note 4?

That should've been the note 7, let's hope note 8 doesn't explode
>>
File: Meizu_PRO_6_Plus.jpg (251KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Meizu_PRO_6_Plus.jpg
251KB, 1000x600px
>>59632497
Meizu Pro 6 Plus.

Unlike the Note 7, it has good battery life and doesn't explode.
>>
My iphone 5c finally took a shit and i need a new phone asap,
USA
budget 250$
Metro PCS
Prefer something on amazon for speed..
>>
>>59633062
Moto G5 Plus
>>
>>59624134
Micro USB is a FUCKING mistake
Mini is better, so much fucking better. I dont care if it makes the phone larger as long as I dont spend $200 a fucking year on new cables
>>
>>59627241
>Like the OnePlus 3t's dash charger
>Like the responsiveness
>Like the screen size
>Like the standby time
>Fucking expensive
>Got an Axon 7 instead
>still really want a fucking op3t
>>59627989
which gen x?
Because if it's not atleast a 3rd you got kiked fucking hard.
>>
Does the zuk z2 have an international version or will I be just fine with the Chinese one?
>>
>>59631735

Same boat as you, just looking for a reason not too. Is the big phone meme to much for a dad-to-be like me? Does Android cope well with one-handed use on a big screen?

Coming from a BB Q10.
>>
Looking to get something under $200USD
I live in America so I prefer not to go for a china phone (Liked my k3 note, but had a few issues with 3g speeds)

I don't need anything stronger than my k3 note, so I'd rather prioritize the camera and/or battery life over excessive ram

Is the moto g4/g4 plus still the go to?
Assuming you can flash stock and remove amazon ads/apps, 150 seems pretty reasonable
>>
hope G5+ comes to flipland soon, my G1 is starting to act funny after years of service
>>
So, the Lenovo P2 sounds pretty good as I am mostly concerned with battery life. What are the downsides?
>>
I'm thinking about getting an S7 after the S8 guts its price. Are there any phones out now that compete with it in terms of size, power, price, etc?
>>
>>59633725
Should've noted that I'm on verizon and a slave to their band.
>>
>>59633216
Ausfag here, I'm using the Chinese version with the official Chinese rom.

Everything works great.

>>59633587
Check out LeEco phones. Really good cameras for the price and great audio quality at the cost of built in 3.5mm and micro SD card.
>>
>>59633725
http://gsmarena.com/meizu_pro_6_plus-8451.php
>>
File: Screenshot_20170329-181510.png (109KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170329-181510.png
109KB, 1080x1920px
How do I stop this piece of shit service from wakelocking my phone endlessly?
>>
>>59633725
OP3T
>>
Best phone for $300-400 in the US? Camera, battery life, and both of the games >>59608807 mentioned are the most important things to me.
>>
>>59633919
Stupid weaboo. Just buy an iPhone.
>>
Guys I got a question, heres a greentext

>crack screen hiking
>worked fine and display showed, didnt change it immediately
>suddenly two days ago during work, display doesnt show up but phone screen lit up and stuff
>at times the screen shows up for like a minute, and when I turn back it goes back to a lightened up black screen
>ocassionally some static and then pitch black in very sporadic moments

Being said, the display shows up occasionally when charging up from a dead battery, but doesnt show when charged fully, Im getting the screen fixed this Saturday. Could there be a problem with the digitizer too?
>>
File: IMG_20170323_221841.jpg (761KB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170323_221841.jpg
761KB, 4160x3120px
>>59633587
K3 Note was good, it's hard pressed to find something on that level under $200. You can get Mi5 at a bit higher, around $220.

Or you can try LeEco phones, pic related is from LeEco Cool1, a phone by Coolpad after they were bought by LeEco. It has LeEco cameras and Audio software, the most glaring difference is it has a 3.5mm headphone jack. I'm no camera guy so it's just auto settings plus longer exposure.

And if all else fails, Zuk Z2.
>>
File: cubot-rainbow-21.jpg (606KB, 2592x4608px) Image search: [Google]
cubot-rainbow-21.jpg
606KB, 2592x4608px
>>59633587
If your priority is cameras under $200. Then look no further, you need a Dogee Shoot 1! Here's a shot. I too have used the Lenovo K3 Note and I can tell you that the Doogee Shoot 1 has better cameras. 2 better rear cameras.
>>
>>59633935
I have one and hate it. It's time to replace it.
>>
>>59633587
Zuk Z2 has a pretty good camera for the price even though it is a Chinese phone.
>>
>>59611023
There's actual waterproofing on the XC but it hasn't gotten the IP rating outside of Japan.
>>
>>59616581
I had a ZenFone 2 and a Lumia 640 LTE, both of their endurance ratings were pretty accurate if you use them for an hour or so. Both lasted more than a day for me.
>>
>>59633616
Camera is average, hasn't been updated to Nougat yet, knowing Lenovo Nougat will probably be the last android update it receives

>>59633725
HTC 10

>>59633919
OP3T, Honor 8

>>59633587
The Moto G4 phones are fine, I'd say Moto G5+ too but it's still uncertain whether the Amazon ads on it can be removed as easily as with the earlier phones.
>>
>>59626869
>No gyroscope
>>
>>59634219
>Camera is average, hasn't been updated to Nougat yet, knowing Lenovo Nougat will probably be the last android update it receives
Thanks. I can deal with that.
>>
File: 30495450783_5e7dbae4b8_o.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
30495450783_5e7dbae4b8_o.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
>>59633587
Here's Mi4C, you can buy 2 of these instead of being stuck to one.
>>
>>59633957
Any help here? PLEASE Ill love you forever
>>
>>59634235
Actually, it seems Lenovo released the Nougat update yesterday :D
>>
Does AT&T suck as hard as it used to? Kinda getting sick of Verizon's limited device and software shit.
>>
>>59633030
>Meizu
fuck off
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.