[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to buy CPU >have a choice between buggy unstable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: hemer.jpg (14KB, 419x304px) Image search: [Google]
hemer.jpg
14KB, 419x304px
>want to buy CPU
>have a choice between buggy unstable performance and CIA watching me sleep
Why hasn't the free market fixed this yet?
>>
>>59603142
>buggy unstable performance
PIII is pretty damn fucking stable last time I checked.
>>
Because 98% of tech consumers really don't care about it or will pretend to care and buy it anyway, and companies can make money out of exploiting the user's privacy. Why would the free market adapt to the free people who care when they can make more money.
You apply your standards of privacy ethics to all consumers as if the free market is going to adjust to the delusion of yours that your needs and demands are the most important
>>
Just get an i7 4790K, the perfect CPU
>>
>>59603142
The free market created this situation, you insufferable nincompoop.
>>
Because x86 is a non-free architecture.
>>
Because there is no free market.
>>
There are not enough computer literate people in the world driving demand. Simple as. There is some, but nowhere near enough for companies to beg for their money. Until the numbers grow, for privacy you'll be stuck with using a pre-Cuo2Duo ThinkPad.
>>
File: torvalds.png (6KB, 310x336px) Image search: [Google]
torvalds.png
6KB, 310x336px
>>59603142
Hate to break it to you, but AyyMD has their own version of ME. Just get a pre 2008 CPU and compensate with more RAM and an SSD.
>>
>>59605667
The market for x86 isn't free, there is some fucked up licensing agreement between AMD, Intel and VIA. VIA is dead so that only leaves Intel and AMD.
If the market was really free we would have a shitton of x86 processor makers and maybe computing would've gotten somewhere in the last 5 years
>>
>>59605667
True, without the free market we would still be carving source code into cave walls and executing it through ritualistic dances
>>
Should I just buy an Amiga One or does PowerPC have backdoors too?
>>
>(((free))) market
>>
Doesn't Ryzen have a backdoor too?
>>
>>59607304
>Not using RockOS

Corporate Shillout
>>
What's the one that doesn't have CIA niggers? For some reason I still haven't heard of it.
>>
Ryzen has it's own backdoor as well. The only way to avoid CIA niggers is getting a pre 2011 CPU.
>>
>>59605667
>Government coercion
>Free market

Jesus christ you're retarded.

Somebody with some money needs to start an open-source hardware manufacturer. Open the blueprints for anyone to use, provide samples from each batch to audit, and sell the baseline chips to make money.

Then anyone can jump in and compete if they let the original vision down.
>>
>>59609787
Doesn't make more money so it'll fail instantly and never be invested in. I cri
>>
>>59607179
>Until the numbers grow.

UNTIL NEVER.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.