[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any online college that is respected? I want to go back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 0UbeQ8E.jpg (81KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
0UbeQ8E.jpg
81KB, 1440x900px
Is there any online college that is respected? I want to go back to school, but need to work full time to support my family.

Looking to go into network/security

TIA
>>
>>59601586
If your current work is related to the study then it's no problem.
The issue is that online study doesn't have human interaction. So for people with only that on their resume it's a crap shoot as to if they're going to be productive and work well with others.
>>
>>59601622
Oh and use an online course that's from a physical university. Lots of Uni's have online options now.
>>
>>59601629

This. Fuck a scam school.
>>
>>59601586
Udacity and Coursera are the only colleges that are respected.
>>
>>59601586
It's arguably better to just get some certifications instead of going to college, for the most part future employers don't give a fuck which school you go to(as long as it's not the Pajeet Institute of Technology) or even if you went to school, what they care about is whether you have certifications and projects on your resume

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/IT_Job
>>
>>59601710
so, just having certs with no college in related field would be better then college? most colleges have certs you get along with the program
>>
>>59601767
Not exactly better than college, just that you'd be saving tens of thousands of dollars and several years of your life while still having almost identical employability
>>
>>59601800
What certifications are valuable to employers?
>>
>>59601800
so i could get an entry level job with just certs?
>>
>>59601817
Depends on what type of IT job you're applying for, Linux and Red Hat certificates are a good place to start. Cisco CCNP would be a good cert if you're interested in networking, here's a link to a massive list of different certs, feel free to do your own research and decide what's best for you

http://www.tomsitpro.com/articles/best-it-certifications,1-1352.html
>>
>>59601866
You could probably get an entry level job without even having any certs tbqh, if you're willing to work hard for shit money for a few years they'll hire basically anyone that can fog a mirror
>>
>>59601871
Good info, thanks
>>
>>59601920
Good luck anon
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.