[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a RX 480 whenever I have a video playing the same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: data.jpg (64KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
data.jpg
64KB, 408x408px
I've got a RX 480
whenever I have a video playing the same time as a game my game fps drops like crazy, down to 10-20 when I normally get 60
what the fuck is wrong?
>>
>>59599829
well is it running in exclusive full screen?
>>
>>59599850
no
switching between a game and browser windows is extremely tedious in fullscreen, I run everything in windowed
>>
AYYMD HAS NO DRIVERS
>>
>>59599829
Odd, I don't experience this at all with my 480. I've got the 8GB version from xfx.
I play rocket league, ark or GW2 while listening to podcasts and the like.
>>
>>59600185
I'm talking just a youtube video
If I have 2 eve online clients open I have to set them to low to get a playable framerate with crome open
>>
I had the same issue with my old hd6750
Try disabling hardware acceleration in chrome or use another program like mpv to watch YouTube videos
>>
You should probably ask AMD driver tea... Nevermind.
>>
>>59600525
What makes you think that it's a GPU problem instead of a RAM/CPU problem?
>>
>>59599829
Set the video to be 480, if it's just audio it won't matter
>>
>>59599829
should have got a 1060
>>
>>59599829
AMD
>>
>>59599829
Sounds more like a CPU problem
Too bad you faggots are too retarded to take a look at GPU or CPU usage charts

Nice falseflag though
>>
>>59599829
>he fell for the amd meme
>>
>>59600865
Autism
>>
>>59601132
>he fell for the green text meme
>>
>>59599829
i have a 4790k and gtx 1080

I have a similar problem but i have higher fps...

Whenever im running a video/stream on background of some game, my fps takes a dunk and i get some input delay.

Is this intlels and microshafts way to force upgrade?
>>
>>59600525
I usually run 3-4 eve clients and had similar issues with a Nvidia card and Youtube/Twitch. Switch to Firefox.
>>
>>59601129
>>59599829
I got the same problem, but on a GTX 760.
OpenGL-intensive programs go down in framerate, when there's something else rendering frames under it. I suspect it's a bug with compton but I just accepted it and whenewer I want to watch a vid in bg I juat switch to a static tab. And the CPU has 50% or more leeway so it's not it.
>>
>>59599876
Don't you switch to the second screen while playing by mistake? Only problem with windowed mode.
>>
It's CPU.

I have the same issue with my i5 2500k and watching twitch streams on source quality while playing overwatch.

For some reason chrome and twitch uses like 25% CPU for a single stream.

Need to overclock, but too lazy to install this evo 212.
>>
>>59602512
watch youtube/twitch in youtube-dl with mpv, it saves a buttload of resources
>>
File: speccy mrk3.png (56KB, 606x580px) Image search: [Google]
speccy mrk3.png
56KB, 606x580px
>>59601120
I wouldn't recommend it. I've got one and it sucks. Even clocked to 2070Mhz.
>>
>>59602544
what are you trying to run that makes it suck? i just got a autistic gaming computer for crazy cheap and it came with one.
>>
>>59602812
ARMA3. Sure I can run high detail but the moment someone comes into a building I'm in the FPS drops to 10.
I'm doubtful it's a CPU issue. The GTS 450 I was using would do the same.
I'm yet to overclock my CPU. There are gins to be made with another 200MHz. But nVida doesn't seen to gain all to well on their lowest FPS on any card.
Take some time to look at benching between nVidia and AMD. Pay special note of when and where frame rate dips happen.
But the biggest issue is how locked down they are for overclocking. I could easily have another 100MHz on this card if voltage was unlocked.
I feel cheated by this.
>>
>>59602882
i've watched a lot of arma videos and peoples frame drops for no reason. like i said, i got the pc for mad cheap so replacing the gpu in a few months if i find it lackluster is no issue, or ill just send the computer back.
>>
>>59602882
dude, as much as i don't like nvidia, this is 100% a cpu bottleneck issue. fx cpus run arma like ass because of their shit ipc.
>>
>>59599829
disable hw acceleration in the browser, if it fixes it it's a gpu problem and just get nvidia
>>
>>59602923
Nah, there's rhyme to reason. There's one benchmark that fucks Nvidia hard. The one with a water crossing.
Frames don't drop for no reason at all. There's always a reproducible cause for it.
>>
>>59599829
works on my machine, i listen to music on youtube while playing diablo 3 and i never get frame drops,
>>
>>59602944
>There's one benchmark that fucks Nvidia hard. The one with a water crossing.
>Frames don't drop for no reason at all.

any links to that?
>>
>>59602973
>Imagine being at computers
>>
>>59599829
Dont listen to the get nvidia bullshit. I had ths problem with my gtx 970 for a while. Reinstalling browser and driver update fixed it.
>>
>>59602980
lmao
i dont know shit about graphics
>>
>>59602928
Nah mate. Not when secluded for major physics events.
It handles fine with jets firing rockets, exploding buildings, multiple tanks and arms fire everywhere.
But solo in a room then someone comes firing away. Shit's fucked.
>>
ze corelets, ladies and gentleman
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.