[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled for several years was Euclideon's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: unlimited_detail.jpg (73KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
unlimited_detail.jpg
73KB, 640x360px
Now that the dust has settled for several years was Euclideon's Unlimited detail engine a scam after all or did we all miss the big picture? How were they able to render so much in real time?
>>
>>59599661
>was Euclideon's Unlimited detail engine a scam

there's no possible way to know that without seeing the source code or at least a working binary

Everything they posted could have been prerendered, there was never a live demo done so I'm inclined to believe it's a scam
>>
Yes it was a scam
They rendered in 'real time' like how a magician actually saws his assistant in half
>>
>>59599661
It's bullshit. I remember one of their videos saying that just one of the items in their world was made of billion of atoms which pretty much equates to GBs of data just for one object.
>>
It was a scam just to get government grant money. They played a good con because our government was stupid enough to give them 2 million.
>>
>>59599691
>source code or at least a working binary
No source code or working binary GUARANTEES that it's a scam, not the other way around.
>>
it was too early for its time.

Imagine how much they would make if they had been a few years late in the era of kickstarter.

Probably in to $1e7 range
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6MaZE9cU_c
>>
>>59600811
So it was for a holographic engine?
That explains a lot, in a way.
>>
>>59600890
They claim it's used in a lot of things. Funny how none of the products that use it have any public binaries to try out.
>>
They actually released an online demo a while back.
Also analysis on how it works: http://www.codersnotes.com/notes/euclideon-explained/
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.