[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you using Mac OS 9? >Cheap as shit hardware,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

Why aren't you using Mac OS 9?
>Cheap as shit hardware, you can get an ibook g4 for less than $40 with an Airport Extreme
>Secure, no one's making viruses
>Distraction free, it can only run a few things at a time so you aren't going to get distracted when you need to work
>Abandonware, there's a huge selection of software that's given away for free because it isn't supported anymore
It probably can't replace your main computer but they're damn good machines for casual shitposting. Hell, pick up a later Powerbook g4 12" and you'll be set for hours of shitposting on the go for next to no money.
>>
Because we aren't homeless.
>>
>>59599245
I'm not homeless, my main laptop is a fully loaded thinkpad x1 carbon. But these are absolutely viable machines for anyone who just wants something cheap and reliable that isn't going to send everything they do right to the CIA.
>>
because os 9 would look like shit on a 27 inch iMac. also i used it when i had a powerbook g3. only thing good i remember was making my laptop say vulgar things.
>>
File: 1489438799065.jpg (225KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1489438799065.jpg
225KB, 1280x1280px
>>59599122
Might buy one now actually
>>
File: 1480572505180.jpg (37KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480572505180.jpg
37KB, 600x400px
>macOS
>>
>>59599122
just buy a fucking netbook, why does it have to be an outdated mac
>>
>>59599122
What's the point? You can get old ThickPads for like $20 that are twice as powerful with double the RAM and storage and just install Lubuntu on them. If you don't care about using the internet, then you can install Kolibri which is by far the comfiest OS I've ever used.
>>
>>59599122
>Mac OS
>>Secure, no one's making viruses
Did all the vault7 shit escape your notice? Go back to your rock.
>>
>>59600072
>not knowing the difference between osx and os9
>>
>>59599938
to protect you from the nsa,and cia
>>
>>59599122
Cooperative multitasking was fine for a typical use case back in the '80s and '90s when people didn't spend 8 hours a day in front of their computers running tons of applications, but now it's a drag. Support for newer chat clients and document formats is a plus, and while the UI was absolutely peerless in an age when 1024x768 was considered workstation grade, I find the Windows-esque paradigm won out for a reason.

>>59600061
I mean, a good G4/G5 box will rip the doors off of most pre-OSX software. It's all in how you use it.

>>59600072
Shit I'd like to find a viable vector outside of Classilla or PEBCAK you could use to fuck an OS 9 system with most of the network server bullshit turned off anymore, it's so primitive there's some method to the madness, and nobody gives a shit about it anymore.
>>
I couldnt get my pass to work with classilla and the non js captcha is pure cancer.
>iBook G4
>not a Titanium PowerBook

>>59599331
>tfw you will never replace the Safari icon in the dock with an applescript that repeats the word nigger for a half an hour on every computer in the mac lab ever again
>>
File: lepepes (3).jpg (6KB, 173x250px) Image search: [Google]
lepepes (3).jpg
6KB, 173x250px
>>59600599
>tfw you will never replace the Safari icon in the dock with an applescript that repeats the word nigger for a half an hour
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.