[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My toshiba 5tb hdd just died. It is full of torrented tv shows.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: hdd_icon_by_itob-d33lzcu.png (466KB, 900x765px) Image search: [Google]
hdd_icon_by_itob-d33lzcu.png
466KB, 900x765px
My toshiba 5tb hdd just died. It is full of torrented tv shows. If i return it to toshiba under warranty can the FCC come after me?
>>
Ask toshiba to sign a NDA.
>>
just retorrent them lmao
>>
>>59598007
I doubt that would work
>>59598033
I have no backups which sucks.
>>
>>59597824
Take it to a repair shop instead.
>>
>>59597824
>living in America
where the government NEVER infringes on the bill of rights (((maybe a little bit)))
>>
>>59598299
>I doubt that would work
not with that attitude, offer to pay them double
>>
Try putting it in a ziplock then the freezer for a few hours? That has a like a 5% chance of working and you're not going to have a lot of time to get the data off.
>>
>>59597824
>If i return it to toshiba under warranty can the FCC come after me?
No, but they wont rescue your data neither, they will only replace the drive.
>>
>>59598535
So what they just trash it
>>
>falling for the having terabytes of data but not doing frequent backups meme
>>
>>59598674

No bro they just throw some fairy dust over it and it works again on next sun eclipse.
>>
>>59598395
This seems like bs
>>
>>59599071
It's a bullshit magic ritual for sysadmins as a last ditch effort to restore a dead drive.Worth a shot if everything else is off the table though. Kinda like oven reflow.
>>
>>59597824
Mail it to Louis
https://www.rossmanngroup.com/data-recovery-service-nyc/
>>
>>59599071
>not knowing this old last-attempt trick
Why the fuck are you on this board again?
>>
>>59599071
>>59599086

I've actually had it work in the past. gl OP
>>
>>59599071
>>59599086
The cold retracts the heads back into position and if you keep the disc spinning you can get an impressive amount of reads off the drive.

It is last ditch but it will absolutely work. I've done it several times to rescue data.
>>
>>59599953
absolutely true. I managed to get my data off one of the infamous shitty seagate 1.5TB drives by doing multiple freezer -> read data cycles. Was able to recover nearly 80% of the data.
>>
>>59597824
Even if you managed to delete the data in the first place, if you didn't do a proper low level format they can still see what was on it pretty easily.
Toshiba warranty isn't a data rescue center, and it isn't a government honeypot either, I highly doubt anyone will come after you.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.