[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /g/ I've been working on a side project, fitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: audiophiles.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
audiophiles.webm
3MB, 800x450px
Alright /g/ I've been working on a side project, fitting and prototyping a ps2 slim inside the 5.25" PC bay on a case. I can make the disc drive, front connectors, and motherboard fit all I side with relative ease, allowing the unit to be taken out and put into other 5.25 bays with ease. Before I go onto actually buying a slim to neuter for this, I need some advice
Is there any way I can route the ps2 slim AC adapter through my PC power supply? Same regards to the av cables, any way I can mod them to run through my Mobo/gpu?
I have the ps2 slim connectable to my HDD via a passthrough ( for cfw, and iso loading ), and those 2 things are what I'm stumped on.
I'm no electrical engineer so I wouldn't mind some help.
Pic not related
>>
f*ckin nerd just use an emulator
>>
>>59590872

>Same regards to the av cables, any way I can mod them to run through my Mobo/gpu?
Probably not. PC monitors don't play well with raw SD (15KHz) video, so your best shot is probably to have an upscaler/HDMI converter.
>>
>>59591021
What's the fun in that

>>59591031
Converter passthrough eh. In that case I'll have to make a converter mount that fits one of the extendable back panel slots.
>>
>>59590872
>Power
Check voltage and current draw, then just wire it from the PSU.
>AV
Just run the cable through, unless you feel like modding in digital out.
>HDD
Sure hope not over USB.
>>
>>59592249
How though. I don't understand voltage / current stuff and am incompetent when it comes to. PSU stuff

>>59592249
I might just make a digital out panel on the back.
>>
>>59592517
iirc the PS2 slim needs something like 8V @ 4A max, so there's no way to get that from your PSU. If you want it truly modular (as in you can connect it to a SATA or Molex connector) then you'll need a 12V -> 8V transformer and some form of current limiter on board to stop it going bang.

There'll be no way to run it though your mobo or GPU, just get an old expansion slot cover and drill out holes for the connectors.
>>
>>59592595
Gotcha, thanks for the help.i have a few spare power supplies I can use to test on.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.