[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of buying ROG SWIFT PG279Q Is there any reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: PG27.net.Beauty_00000.png (56KB, 450x445px) Image search: [Google]
PG27.net.Beauty_00000.png
56KB, 450x445px
I'm thinking of buying ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Is there any reason not to? E.g. a new technology is coming, that would make the monitor cheaper, a great amount of high-refresh-rate screens is still defective, etc.

What I would like (order of preference):
>Display Port
>144 Hz
>1440
>G-Sync
>IPS
>>
Because you need a FreeSync monitor.
>>
>>59587960
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've been an Nvidia guy and will be in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>59588011
>there is such thing as a "nvidia guy"
Sounds retarded
>>
>>59587954
>1440
>144hz

Why? I mean I get retards like you buy shit solely for marketing so I guess have fun.
>>
File: 1236279780455.jpg (48KB, 615x426px) Image search: [Google]
1236279780455.jpg
48KB, 615x426px
>>59589759
They sure are.
>>
>>59587954
>Is there any reason not to?
4K 144Hz, G-Sync HDR IPS with local dimming is coming. So pretty much a direct upgrade. Going to be out this year, since you generally buy a monitor and use it for a long time you may want to wait before buying the soon to be outdated model with shit DPI, no HDR and no local dimming.
>>
>>59589877
>IPS
>upgrade
Unless it's to oled or TN/VA it's irrelevant.
>>
>>59589759
>cuck, cuck cuck cuck cuck, cuck!
>>
>>59589922
TN is so dogshit it can't even display the same color on the entire screen because the viewing angles are too shit.

PG279Q is also IPS, the 4K HDR version is going to be straight-up better in almost every regard unless Asus (and Acer) somehow fuck it up.
>>
>>59589971
>TN is so dogshit it can't even display the same color on the entire screen because the viewing angles are too shit.
And IPS has IPS glow. A TN or VA panel is far superior for this application.

>HDR
Now you're not being irrelevant. You're making an argument for something that negatively effects this application. Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about and your knowledge is limited to marketing wank and reading the back of the box. The biggest issue here is that the OP is talking about 144hz 1440p display. Which you ignore.
>>
>>59590055
Mentioning IPS glow is fairly stupid when TN has shit-tier black levels anyway to the point where it hardly makes a difference. The new monitors with local dimming however have a real chance of improving black levels in general. TN is complete dogshit in almost every practical regard, OP also clearly wishes to buy an IPS display in the first place.

HDR support for the monitor is nothing but a good thing - it's essentially a guarantee that it will have good contrast (where TN is also shit, by the way). HDR support existing isn't a detriment in any way, the display can and will be used with SDR content anyway.
>>
>>59589877
>4k
>144hz

You can't even get close to this on max settings even if you had 1080ti SLI
>>
>>59589785
t. 1080p 60hz
kill yourself nigger
>>
>>59590265
>Mentioning IPS glow is fairly stupid when TN has shit-tier black levels anyway to the point where it hardly makes a difference.
Big difference in games. IPS glow is atrocious.

>HDR support for the monitor is nothing but a good thing
This terribly wrong and you're a fucking idiot.

Yes retard lets enable HDR on a source that is probably scaled from a lower resolution and has terrible banding issues. (Most all AAA console ports). That'll look fucking great! Oh wait these games also have terrible gamma properties to start with also. So when you enable HDR the screen is far too dark. Or and you want to use ULMB with that? Good luck dumbass. Just going to max the gamma out and ruin any color and black level gains you had over non HDR.

I really don't get retards like you that run their months in forums across the internet. Why I just hop in every now and then to laugh on 4chan.

You still ignore the big problem. You probably don't realize why it's a problem.
>>
>>59590310
>t.
k kiddo
>>
>>59590402
t. too poor to afford a good IPS monitor
>>
>>59590508
They're not exactly expensive monitors to begin with, bucko. Really showing your ignorance.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.