[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since college education is a scam, I'm going to self taugh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1490267693414.png (2MB, 720x2127px) Image search: [Google]
1490267693414.png
2MB, 720x2127px
Since college education is a scam, I'm going to self taugh me programming to make games.

What topics do I need to learn to make games?

So far I got these:
>Calculus I, II, III
>Linear algebra
>Discrete math
>Physics
>Precalculus
>Trigonometry
>Computer Graphics
>C, C#, Java, python, ruby, Haskell, ASM
>Compilers
>Algorithms and data structures
>Operative systems
>Networking
>Artificial intelligence

What else do I need?
>>
>>59587216
you forgot to learn scheme and F#
>>
>>59587216
also quantum field theory
>>
>>59587216
>I will watch YouTube videos until I'm a professional.

Shame real jobs won't let you put "Saw the whole Series on YouTube" as job experience bud.
>>
>>59587216
>Since college education is a scam

With a mindset and understanding like this, you've already set yourself up for failure.
>>
>>59587313
>t. Goldman Sachs & Sallie Mae
>>
File: 1477905029907.jpg (40KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1477905029907.jpg
40KB, 604x604px
>>59587216
>>59587660

>he has to pay for University education
>>
>>59587216
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering
Has a game development section.
>>
>>59587840
> he has to pay for others university education
>>
>>59590229
Maybe College education in the US is a scam due to the absurd tuitions. It certainly isn't in the rest of the world.

My entire career or major for you Americans costs one semester in a high end university. You guys are fucked.
>>
>self taught me programming to make games

Yeah, fuck school. It's clear you dropped out in third grade.
>>
>>59587216
Please go to college.
Apply to a decent college, one that will not jew you out and go to the classes.
College experience makes the difference, because you get to meet people and do some networking along the way.
College has infrastructure you would never be able to afford on your own (You could save money and buy second hand stuff, but sometimes it might be a just a one time thing) like books and stuff. Like most things in life you just have to be smart about and don't fall for the corporativism meme.
>>
>>59587216
>What else do I need?
first finish linear algebra
>>
>>59587216

Hey OP, mechanical engineer here. Stop listening to what other people saying that college isn't a scam, because it is.

In my opinion drop:

>Discrete math
>Networking
>AI
>Haskell, ASM

You don't need that for what you're doing. Build a portfolio with your projects and a git hub repository for all your code.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.