[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, to get right to the point, I spilled some water on my floor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2820[1].jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2820[1].jpg
55KB, 640x480px
So, to get right to the point, I spilled some water on my floor and after cleaning it up I started hearing some kind of high pitched weird noise. It was super subtle, couldn't figure out what it was. Turns out my Thinkpad T510 was on the floor and some water got underneath it, while its in sleep mode nonetheless.

It's been about a week since then, If I plug it in and plug in the battery I'll get the Thinkpad logo and instructions for bios and then it just immediately powers off from there.

I'm assuming the whole things fucked now, right? I don't really mind too much, this wasn't an important system or anything. If anything I'd just strip it of parts and sell it that way, but if I can fix it somehow or replace a motherboard I'd just do that.

Keep in mind, water came in from the bottom of the system, not a typical water spill on top of a keyboard. I did the obvious "don't turn it on for a few days" thing but it seems like it's fucked regardless.
>>
Keep taking parts out and trying to turn it on until it starts working. If you take everything out and it's still not working, the board probably is fucked.
>>
>>59585934
yeah, I guess that's the only real option. Is there any visual indicator for a water-damaged board?
>>
>>59585896
I thought thinkpads were water and cum resistant?
>>
>>59585965
The keyboard is spill proof. It redirects water away from the motherboard. It's still gonna be fucked If you drown it in water.

>>59585954
There could be a moisture detection sticker somewhere, but you'll have to check for your particular model.
>>
File: 44.png (331KB, 1052x642px) Image search: [Google]
44.png
331KB, 1052x642px
>>59585896
>>
>>59585896
Why the fuck was your laptop on the floor you fucking mongoloid?
>>
>>59586093
Not him
>get a docking station for my Thinkpad
>don't have space on the desk at the moment
>lay it on the floor next to the desk
>step on it and break off the part that blocks laptop's charging port
Now I can connect two chargers and charge with double the speed.
>>
>>59586168
Clear out your kawaii uguu animu figures and make some room next time
>>
>>59586417
I already made room for it, simply had some stuff laying around when the package only arrived. Feels pretty cramped with 2 displays and a docking station on a pretty averagely sized desk though. Sadly I don't have any kawaii uguu figures.
>>
>>59586168
Why didn't you put it on the bed?
>>
>>59586481
I put it right next to the desk on the area of the floor that I don't usually walk through so I could clean up the desk and reach for the station right away.
>>
>>59586093
>>59586168
>>59586417
>>59586455
>>59586481
>>59586528

this is the most pointless conversation
>>
>>59586543
This is the most pointless reply
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.