[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real question for people with mechanical keyboards like the one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: mechanicalkeyboard.jpg (165KB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
mechanicalkeyboard.jpg
165KB, 1080x607px
Real question for people with mechanical keyboards like the one in the picture. How well do they really work? I can see all the function keys but they're not primary keys if that makes any sense. How long did it take you to get used to? I'm typing on a crap Microsoft keyboard that makes my hands hurt and I'd really like to upgrade.
>>
Usually if you want to press F1 on that keyboard for example, you'd press FN+1. On some keyboards you can do a similar combination to switch the entire keyboard layout to a different layer where they keys have different functions, which in that example would be FN+< I believe, then just pressing 1 would get you F1 while you have that layer active, and to switch back to the regular layer you'd press FN+M.
After you get everything set up how you want to, doesn't take much longer than a week to get used it and have the shortcuts you use often in your muscle memory. After I got used to my 60%, I keep pressing the FN combinations for secondary functions every time I have to use a larger keyboard.
>>
for the record, I use the keyboard in the picture (pok3r) at work, and it's excellent.
>>
>>59582917
Compact like that sacrifices too much. One lives on a shared machine at work, and it's a pain in the ass for everyone but the prick who put it there
>>
I've been using a keyboard like that for 6ish years and can't go back to a full size. The only thing that I ever miss is having dedicated arrow keys. If you do a lot of numeric entry or use programs with F keys as key functions it will probably not work out for you. Otherwise it is amazing.
>>
>>59582917
I make 80k working with my 60% on a daily basis
>>
>>59582917
those are a joke/meme, they're not actually usable

tenkeyless can be enough, but not that shit
>>
>>59582917
Also using a Pok3r myself.
You get used to it quickly, I have absolutely no problem using it.
However, keep in mind that such a keyboard is not for you if you're a gaymur.
>>
Don't.

They're meme tier if you're not doing a shit ton of typing. And I mean pages and pages of typing every day. They are excellent for streamlining the typing and coding process. And it looks really nice taking up so little space on your desk. But when you need the keys with out the function layer they are a pain in the ass.

If you want a smaller keyboard go with a ten keyless.
>>
>>59583408
>dedicated arrow keys.

that's the biggest problem, yeah. dedicated home/end would also be nice...

all in all, not worth it. unless you combine it with some other keyboard part or input devices it just seems like you're torturing yourself for no purpose.
>>
>>59582917
Well enough to for full time programming job and not wanting to go back to full size for me.
>>
>>59583408
>>59583581
Caps lock as Fn key and Fn+WASD as arrow keys is better than having dedicated arrow keys.
>>
>>59583581
>>59583588
Don't you guys feel the lack of a Enter key at the bottom right? I do own a poker keyboard, too. The only thing it lacks is an enter key.
>>
File: duffy_mcdouche.png (486KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
duffy_mcdouche.png
486KB, 469x463px
>>59583533
> t. anime pro
>>
File: IMG_0084.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0084.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>59582917
i use something like this chink shit. except it has function keys. but i dont use them.
>>
>>59582917
Honestly I got used to it quick enough and I really enjoy the typing experience, but i will mention the fact that when I got my Pok3r keyboard my model had defective keycaps (you could see the holes for the switches protruding on the keycap tops even erasing the letters on some of them) and its case had an uneven base and it would wobble when I typed, so I had to even it out with a piece of cloth (kinda like a table in a restaurant ).
Not exactly a answer to your question, sorry just wanted to warn to check with the supplier if they are not in a hurry to finish a fresh batch of keyboards as it seems they sometimes cut corners when they rush.
>>
How in the fuck do you use arrow keys on that?
>>
>>59585240
hjkl + yu + bn
>>
File: 1468923068875.jpg (35KB, 385x375px) Image search: [Google]
1468923068875.jpg
35KB, 385x375px
>>59582917
>Real question for people with mechanical keyboards like the one in the picture. How well do they really work?
shit
went back to rubber dome = better
wasted money

don't listen to marketing shills also ITT
>>
>>59586167
Doesn't seem functional at all.
>>
>>59586212
I fucked my ulnar nerve so I don't really feel my pinky and my ring finger.

Mechanical keyboard is really important for me to get some feedback and resistance.
>>
File: 20170321_161808.jpg (710KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170321_161808.jpg
710KB, 2048x1152px
>>59582917
I use mine for gaming, programming, and school and its the best keyboard i ever owned
>>
>>59583097
Fucking assholes.
>>
It's not hard to get used to, really. The portability increase makes up for the keys you actually lose too, in my opinion.
Not good for games though, some games have stuff bound in such a way that it's all but impossible to play with a 60%
>>
>>59584489
??
There's an enter key on the right side.
Are you used to ISO layout or something?
>>
>>59582917
Honestly it's awful. My life is a living hell of key combos and macro software. But at least my keyboard looks good on my desk.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (432KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
432KB, 1920x1080px
>>59582917
Has too many keys.

This is the perfect layout.
>>
>>59587001
What higher fruit is there for us in life?
>>
Do you guys with the pok3r use the right bottom function keys as arrow keys?
Thats what i have been doing but not having right shift kind of sucks.
>>
I bought the iSO-DE MX-BLUE, PBT off amazon, because there were no other versions, otherwise I would've gone with the Clears. Honestly, it is a very comfy keyboard, but you have to adjust some things. I changed the FN key to CAPS, and then, if you press RALT+SPACE, the right most keys: FN, PG, RCTRL, and RSHIFT become the arrow keys.
Also, CAPS+D, S controls the volume, CAPS+Q, W, E controls the music player.
The only way to upgrade from this keyboard is HHKB2, but that's for sometimes in the future, when I establish myself as a computer engineer.
>>
>>59587150
Are you a GER fag?
Cause I decided to go with the us layout because of keycaps and general better layout for programming.
>>
>>59587017
t. braindead
>>
>>59587214
Nah, another yuropoor type, but the DE layout was the only one available.
I don't mind, I don't look at the keyboard anyway.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.