[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have the issues with Ryzen been sorted out? How does it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 36_K9eEtwK.jpg (105KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
36_K9eEtwK.jpg
105KB, 640x640px
Have the issues with Ryzen been sorted out?
How does it compare to Intel now?
>>
>>59582365
Also would it be better to just wait for Zen+ at this point?
>>
There's no problem with it
>>
>>59582380
>>59582365
FUCK NO

The motherboards will have issues for a good few more weeks if not months at least,

If you don't require the cpu now/in the next year, yea, ryzen + will be better for you to wait for and by then motherboards should be sorted along with well stocked, possibly better ones to boot.

Right now the taichi is literally the best board you can get, and it will not be in stock for a long fuckin time.
>>
>>59582380
No no no no no for the love of God no. Don't play that game. This board has been raving about "WAIT FOR ZEN" for like a year if not more now. You will just play the waiting game forever until you break down and end up buying something that will basically do the same shit anyway.

Buy Zen now, Buy Kaby Lake if you wish, just don't torture yourself with the constant game of waiting. Whatever improvements they make will not be life changing and you should care about more things then the exact perfect stats or cost of your computer. There are more important things.
>>
>>59582494
Currently on a first gen I7 870.

It's running at 4.3GHz 1.4V, performance is still enough, but I'd like something newer and much less hot. It's putting out as much heat as a high end GPU according to a tomshardware review of my cpu, so that 65w r7 1700 is looking really nice.

It's not a necessary upgrade, I guess I could wait for zen+.

>>59582508
But with Zen out, I don't mind waiting if it means a big shift in price/performance when I upgrade. Might get a 6 core r5 Zen+ or an i5/i7 if they have 6 or more core variants without charging an arm and a leg.
>>
>>59582508
If you are not prepared to deal with the issues that the motherboards currently have, fucking wait.

Its really hard to recommend kaby lake after zen, 8 cores at good enough speeds, but those motherboard issues along with the current ram prices.

>>59582563
I would give it a month at least and look into motherboards again, your cpu should be able to get you by unless you do cpu heavy shit/your motherboard is on the way out

I personally wouldn't bother with the 6 core versions, they likely aren't clocking higher which is the only real benefit from less cores.

at stock, zen will beat your cpu out easily, and will be fine with the stock cooler as it can handle far more then what the cpu is throwing at it.

If you can hold out and not worry about temps or anything, zen+ may be the one to get, right now zen is anywhere from 30% behind kabby in games to matching or exceeding it, due to how often bioses get updated, windows is getting updates that may change how zen is used, that unreal 3 bench as an example, along with support for faster and faster memory may completely change how we see zen in the coming months.

this is my current planned build

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LrMnFd

You can drop the blu ray driver, get 16gb of ram, get a smaller hdd and a smaller ssd along with not getting a cooler and likely knock 500$ off the price,
>>
File: 1489818042588.jpg (45KB, 571x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489818042588.jpg
45KB, 571x400px
>>59582365
Taking advice from people who don't have ryzen. You should look up some reviews.
>>
>>59582710
Another benefit of the lesser cores is that it's going to cost me less too.
I'm not in too much of a rush, my main reason for considering it was the heat output from my current LGA1156 build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6BNQNN
That's probably something I'll go with if I made a whole new system.

>inb4 shitty aesthetics
Meh, I keep my pc under my desk so I just went with the cheapest case.

>>59582798
True, but I like talking shit out too. Looking up reviews would take all of 5 minutes, and I'd be bored again.
>>
It depends. Are any of them free open source?
>>
>>59582875
I have the cube case as it's easiest to work with along with future hdds and shit,

as for memory, faster is better with ryzen, cas latency means dick overall, apparently something in the cpu itself is limited to half ram speed for some retarded reason, so the faster it goes the faster the cpu goes.

I would also say go for a 370x motherboard as if amd isn't lying, they are keeping the same socket till ddr5
>>
>>59582875
Oh and on the point of reviews, you wont get far as most places reviewed on pre release bioses which were dog shit all round and we have to rely on people who do more recent ones, most big places aren't doing bios release reviews, or os patch reviews, so you get to look into less credible sources, places you just cant trust.

general consensus at launch was the thing is fucking great for cpu intensive work with amd's smt putting the cpu above intel's 10 core in some loads (and server wise, it plays with dual 8 core setups in many cases, one case where quad 6 cores I believe was touching it) and with games its a grab bag with some games being better but they are unicorns, most revieweres mentioned bios nightmares and that it would get better overtime, the most recent review got 3600mhz ram to work along with 3200mhz, and in quite a few cases ryzen was lower then the 7700 at 5ghz, but is now above it.

even if you read reviews, its a cluster fuck on what to trust and whats real.
>>
>>59582508
>god
>>>/x/
>>
Cooler manufacturers STILL have problems with releasing an AM4 mounting bracket due to AMD being retarted and not releasing proper specs
>>
>>59582365
Did she dieded?
>>
>>59582365
>>59582563
Nigger
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.