[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There was a major court case in canada this week against Kodi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Kodi.jpg (85KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Kodi.jpg
85KB, 620x349px
There was a major court case in canada this week against Kodi Pirate TV box sellers. What does /g/ think? Are dark days ahead?
>>
Here is the article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/free-tv-android-box-court-roger-bell-videotron-1.4029874
>>
>a fucking leaf
>>
Sounds like the case is ongoing.

What seems to be getting very little attention is the fact that the boxes don't actually contain any of this copyrighted material. They just have software that makes it easy to download stuff. Not very different from a computer that comes with a BitTorrent client and a web browser installed.

(Meanwhile, I wouldn't be surprised if they are violating the copyright of Linux and maybe Kodi, by not providing source code.)
>>
To be honest I have no problem with the lawsuits. These scumbag sellers are making major bank off the work of the hacking community that do the addons for free. I know this first hand because I have a friend that sells people android boxes and doesn't care about anything else other then the money that he takes in. A month or two after if it stops working his policy is tough luck, pay me to fix it.

I feel that the sellers are almost as bad as the cable companies here. If people want these boxes they should learn how to setup the boxes themselves, in addition to it being cheaper they won't ruin it for everyone by bring undue attention.
>>
>>59579073
Kodi streams used to be better before the sellers got in on this shit. Now a days half of them don't even work.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.