[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US Customs and Border Patrol searched through my laptop and seized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Wojak.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
Wojak.png
9KB, 205x246px
US Customs and Border Patrol searched through my laptop and seized it because of pirated movies. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE???!!!
>>
Because you didn't put a password on it.
>>
>>59574337
No they didn't.
>>
>>59574337
>pirated movies
It's illegal to pirate CP, OP. You had it coming.
>>
File: freedom.jpg (163KB, 1500x1090px) Image search: [Google]
freedom.jpg
163KB, 1500x1090px
>Go buy alcohol
>Park my small-dick-mobile in the handicap space
>Enter the store
>Walk up to the counter with some white wine and some rum
>"Recite the constitution, sir"
>B-but I just want to buy s-
>"RECITE THE CONSTITUTION"
>Do my best, but fail
>Get taken out back
>"Since America is the freest country on Earth, we must inspect you, since we believe you may be a communist"
>Get a stick shoved up my ass to make sure it's not hiding Das Kapital
>Result comes clean, so we walk inside
>"Alright sir, how many Arabs have you killed in the middle east?"
>Z-zero?
>Get taken back and given a second inspection
>Eventually they ask me for my ID
>Show them that I'm 21
>"Sorry sir, but you need to be at least 400 lbs, have type 2 diabetes, and have 20 years of service. Come out back for another inspection"
>Come back from inspection and tell them I'm a company/human hybrid, so it's legal for me to bribe them
>They get on their knees and start licking my boots
>"I am so sorry sir, I had no idea you were a corporation"
>Walk back to my car
>Get shot by police for having a dangerous drug
>tfw in a dry county
>>
>>59574337
LAND OF THE FREE AND BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>59574565
who quot
>>
>>59574337
Here is what you do op it will cost you money though. Go drifting and purchase all the movies you had on your laptop and then show them you had copies all along, it's technically not pirating if you had already purchased it. :^)
>>
>>59574592
>brave
>>
>>59574638
Thrift*
>>
>>59574337
Wipe your laptop and restore from backup on the other side next time you dumb nigger.
>>
>look up laws regarding computer and phone searches on borders
>it's perfectly legal

My anger is slowly creeping up just from thinking about that situation. There's some person and he can look through my computer for 30 minutes, do whatever he wants. He can modify my files, delete them or copy them.
>>
>>59574730

They can search through your external hard drives too.

>having to upload 100+GB of data and then download it again

The mere thought of wasting money and time on searching people's laptops is ridiculous. WHY WOULD SOMEONE RISK BRINGING IN "DANGEROUS" STUFF THAT WAY AND NOT JUST TRANSFER IT OVER THE INTERNET

Holy shit, it's so retarded it almost reads like satire.
>>
>>59574733
>Bringing a computer across the border
>Not getting a burner chinkphone
You deserve it
>>
>2017
>not storing movies in your brain so that all you have to do is close your eyes and watch
>>
Literally lmaoing at your life op
>>
https://vc.gg/blog/so-its-been-a-while.html
>>
I domt belive you, Op.
>>
>>59574733
this and many other retarded shit is why im never visiting the US
>>
I'm not going to believe you, OP

They should send you back, not seize your stuff
>>
Next time put that shit on an external HDD so that's the only thing that gets seized ya fuckwit.
>>
>>59574749
Have a NAS at home or your own VPS and restore your backup from there
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.