[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone suddenly learns how to program? I mean, there's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

Why does everyone suddenly learns how to program? I mean, there's obviously huge competition. Just look at Google Play, almost nothing there pays to make if judging by the number of paying users.
>>
It is always good to learn new things.
>>
>>59572837
tech jobs are the last middle class jobs of the west. 30 years ago, putting bolts on a car might have made a livable wage but now you need technical skills to be marketable.
>>
>>59572837
Still there is a huge demand for C# and Java devs.
>>
>>59572964
Don't be a drama queen.
>>
>>59572969
>>59572964
Companies hire only competent BSc, not guys who learned on 4chan how to program.
>>
>>59572992
>competent BSc
Don't be delusional.
>>
>>59572837
People think you can make a quick buck effortless. Joke is on them.

>>59573466
this to be honest
I can count the competent programmers at my university using one hand.
>>
>>59572964
mechanics earn very good money, brah
>>
>>59572837
wATSTHA BUILDING?
>>
>>59574103
he probably should have specified "white collar"

there's a lot of people that want decent money but also don't want dirty physical work, and tech is seen as the best on-ramp to that
>>
>>59572837
>everyone suddenly learns
>>
>>59576289
>comic books and movies about a plumber apprentice called werner pop up since the late 70s
>nobody wants to become a plumber anymore because of how crappy the job is portrayed
>plumbing companies have to close because they can't find new blood
>suddenly, the companies left became monopolists and started to demand galactic prices
>but you will pay anyway because else you can't poop and your house is ruined
>plumbers make mad dosh now

well played
>>
>>59572964
They're not the last middle class jobs, but they are the last middle class jobs *without explicit credentialing systems* for most of the market.

Realistically a lot of doctor, lawyer, engineer, etc. jobs are middle class or upper-middle if you're good at your job, but all of those require entry to a competitive university, funding to go there, time to finish, and professional licensing issues thereafter.

Without the software sector, unemployment among skills-mis-matched (eg. people who got useless degrees or got a degree for a market that collapsed) would be at least double what it is now. The tech sector has soaked up so many skilled and semi-skilled workers in the last two decades that it's quite literally the only thing between the neoliberal economic sytem and a garunteed return to traditional feudalism, which would be the necessary result of having only guild/licensed middle class jobs and everything below that would be quasi-worthless wage labor bid down to well below subsistence wage.
>>
>>59574103
Depends on the mechanic desu. There's a heap of cash to be made in diesel, particularly heavy equipment in the mining and oil industry, but the average guy working on your prius or pickup is only doing OK.

I used to work for a Toyota dealership in CA, now I work for a contractors that fly me out to job sites for heavy d. The hours and travel are horrendous (3am flights to Alaska, for example) but I'm making close to six figures for the first time in my life which ain't half bad for a guy who failed out of university and got a two year mechanical cert at a community college.
>>
>>59572992
no they don't, most of them are fucking idiots
50% of the random fags on this board that I see arguing about code are better than 90% of the people I've ever seen at lockheed & cisco, and it's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>59572837

Huge demand.

Also it is quite easy to learn high level languages and you have tons of ways to learn any of them.
>>
>>59578335
if you are such a prophet why are only 1 to 2 percent of american workers on minimum wage?
>>
>>59580031
Is that exactly minimum wage or within a threshold?
>>
>>59572837
programming is like writing
most people can write, but not many can write something worth reading.
>>
>>59578217
>>59576289
>this
Pretty much, most of the guys I work with at Princeton make 75k/80k non-union while union makes 80/85k, its not that bad anon, you can also do a shit ton of a sidejobs because people have no idea who to work with pipes.
Or even clean their pipes when shit clogs
>>
>>59572964
Engineer here, happy to say, no. There are a lot of middle class engineers, but I do agree it's more of a upper-middle class/upper class field.
>>
>>59580313
it's only upper-middle class for a two-income family or, occassionaly, for a single person. rarely will an engineer be pulling in 200k
>>
>>59572837
That's a bit O.
>>
>>59572837
Most jobs in the future may require some level of coding.
>>
>>59572837

They don't, they are learning to code

Coding is not programming
>>
>>59572837
>Why does everyone suddenly learns how to program?
this is why software is complete fuck shit now
>>
>>59584458

Of course. Programming is what your programmer does after you've compiled your code and want to push your new binary onto chip. Why make the distinction though? It's a little autistic if you ask me.
>>
>>59572837
that's a sick ass building
>>
>>59572837
programming is basic skill like cooking. you don't have to be a chef to cook some food
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.