/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think it'll be possible in the future to have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

Do you guys think it'll be possible in the future to have your own ship?

Possibly in a few hundred years like 2400?

Seems like it'd be so comfy to have your own ship, flying from station to station, living on your ship like an Interstellar camper van
>>
>>59570910
Too bad you and me will be dead
>>
>>59570910
Consumer affordable? Not really. But cramped living space made entirely of iron with no natural sunlight should be a real possibility within our lifetime.
>>
Really hope humanity becomes a space fairing civilisation soon, even a moon colony would be nice
>>
>>59571025
It's a real goal that more people should be working towards. I think setting up a.koon colony will be good practice, and may reveal some large problems that we can iron out relatively close to earth.
We need to become space fairing. This will allow us to leave the religious idiots on earth, amd build something better.
>>
>>59572067
Space exploration will take use closer the xenu
>>
You have to think in porportions to naval exploration. The shear price of spacecraft makes me think it will be a few thousands year before technology can allow affordable spacecraft to make personal spacecraft even feasible. Maybe in the next 500 years there will be privateers, but I think their ships would be leased by large groups like airliners are today.
>>
>>59570910
You mean like a space yacht?
Rich people will probably own a few.
>>
>>59572067
*tips fedora*
>>
>>59570910
>Interstellar
L2 speed of light
>>
>implying we won't be extinct in 50
>>
>>59573631
>implying we have that long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqIt93dDG1M
>>
>>59571025
Will all be 5000k LED
No neon/argon m8
>>
>>59570910

No

In a few hundred years in the future, computers run everything and the remaining humans have either uploaded their brains or are hipster descendents of the super rich who live in anachronistic zoos

also space travel would be exceptionally lonely and boring

there's no internet, or even stuff to look at, and it would take you lifetimes to get anywhere
>>
>>59570910
You can have your own ship now. If humans get into space it'll be equally trivial to build things out there. You'll still see like an 80% death rate lol
>>
>>59570910
>I'm not a NEET, I'm just on a 44 year voyage alone in a metal box billions of kilometres away from the nearest human

don't think this will catch on, anon
>>
File: 1490451293679.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490451293679.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>>59570910
Nice. Real nice!
>>
>>59572067
>This will allow us to leave the religious idiots on earth, amd build something better.
>Implying every ship won't have several priests
kek you mad at religion
>>
>>59577085
>>Implying every ship won't have several chaplains
Fixed.
>>
>>59577085
>>59579239
>Implying mormons aren't always on the forefront of both violence and technology to carry out their war against satan expanse-style.
I mean, they're pretty fucking badass.
>>
>>59575835

op's sexbot will be all the company you'll need.
>>
>>59571025
>soon
Until there is a practical economical way to provide a constant 1g to people, it's not happening. You wold go blind in a few years, lose most of your strength, etc.
>>
>>59571025
>spacefaring soon
>global IQ is plummeting
>africa will be over 1/2 the world's population by mid-century
>Europeans and SE Asians, particularly smart ones, not breeding at replacement
>The most violent retrograde humanity, eg. fundamentalist muslims and tribal africans, are averaging 6-10 kids a pop
>trillions are being spent to move these people into the first world
Nope, sorry kiddo. Shit's fucked.
>>
>>59579631
We're already prety space capable, just requires the money to start throwing asteroids at earth orbit for resources.
>>
>>59570910
>400 years ago:
Do you guys think it'll be possible in the future to have your own car?

Possibly in a few hundred years like 2000?

Seems like it'd be so comfy to have your own car, driving from town to town, living in your car like an International camper wagon
>>
All matter and energy is quantized, at the base of our 'reality' is an unseen dimension of waves that communicate to ours with amplituhedrons and the like, consciousness is also quantized and arises from this dimension which some call the "Akasha" because it's similarities with ancient Hindu writings. So we know not only that information is never lost, because it would violate relativity (and your consciousness is information) but there's also a quantum process for consciousness underlying this 'reality' . So your consciousness will not just disappear when you die. Think of our dimension as hardware, the 'Akasha' dimension is like the software - I would bet that eventually we will be in spaceships yes
>>
>>59572067
>implying atheist can into space

kek, you had your chance with the USSR and you failed miserably, just like you do with everything else. NASA is hardcore christian due to being headquartered in Texas. Lots of astronauts are even part time preachers. Not to mention since you retards are too stupid to figure out how to reproduce your kind will be extinct waaaaaay before we establish a moon colony anyways.
>>
File: p01zv0s2.jpg (12KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
p01zv0s2.jpg
12KB, 384x216px
>>59570910
dude that would be fucking awsome and i think we may accomplish that way earlier like ~2100 or so.
>>
>>59579631
Those numbers are decieving, the third and second world are slowly modernizing and with that comes increased survival rates, poor people have always had more children than wealthier folks. When they reach a certain level their reproduction will level off.
Plus we don't import nearly enough of them to have a huge impact on our IQ.
>>
>>59570910
Why not do it with a camper van today?
>>
>>59581098
houseboat, like macgyver
>>
File: MFW_1487822449157.gif (499KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
MFW_1487822449157.gif
499KB, 500x281px
>>59570910

Not in my lifetime, therefore I try not to think about it. I have enough to cry about already.

> no cyborg qt3.14159 GF either
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.