[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about this list: https://addons.mozilla.org

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: wew.png (98KB, 989x772px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
98KB, 989x772px
How do you feel about this list:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/collections/mozilla/privacy/

uBlock Origin
NoScript Security Suite
Ghostery
FoxyProxy Standard
Lightbeam
DuckDuckGo Plus
Blur
Clear Console
Bloody Vikings

I don't know of all of these, but I know Ghostery has been bought out by less than favorable companies a couple of times, and DuckDuckGo teamed up with some Russian company for it's image search function, which I'm not really a fan of.
>>
use privacytools.io and prism-break to find the best tool for privacy. the /g/-wiki has some useful info as well in it's recommended software tab.
you might already know this, but avoid windows like the plague if you care about privacy.
>>
That font rendering is just awful
>>
>>59567043
It's a start but those add-ons are unlikely to be enough to truly protect you, if you want to learn more about security read these pages

https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Security
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Anonymizing_yourself
>>
>>59567240
Looks like OP disabled font antialiasing which looks horrible on these fancy modern fonts.

tfw bitmap fonts are rarely used these days
>>
>>59567311
> fancy modern fonts
wrong, modern fonts contain less vector information, which reduces their file size and memory usage

font anti aliasing is basically math and zero pain, even for arm cpus
>>
>>59567043
I use only ublock +clear cookies on exit with exceptions
>>
File: addons.png (55KB, 968x444px) Image search: [Google]
addons.png
55KB, 968x444px
>>59567043
>>
>>59570706
>>
>>59567043
>uBlock Origin
Might as well be build in, good thing it's not though. (DON'T GET ANY FUNNY IDEAS AGAIN MOZILLA)
>NoScript Security Suite
Needs a warning for people with brain problems or extremely little patience.
>Ghostery
No. Bought by advertising company. (Just trust us!1)
>FoxyProxy Standard
Useless for most people. You're either using Tor(Browser) or you're behind a VPN already.
Too situational for a list like that.
Lightbeam
>Bloat. And not even in the /g/ sense. about:performance will scream at you in eldridge languages. (Unless they fixed that.)
>DuckDuckGo Plus
searchx.me is probably the better choice right now, but who knows
>Blur
Eh.
>Clear Console
Eh.
>Bloody Vikings
Just use anonbox.net for everything. If it's blocked, they're all blocked.
>>
>March 25, 2017
>still using the garbage that is Firefox
I don't understand why anyone would do this
>>
>>59571438
Why would you consider it garbage? At this point, from a consumer perspective, Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and Opera all have their pros and contras, but they share a lot of features. For browsing, all browsers work, and at this point, it's about the looks and if you care about privacy.
>>
Question, how do i install web extension addons in v53 (it supports it like nightly) but some about:config toggle is needed
>>
>>59567043
Russians aren't out to get you, retard
>>
>>59571438
yeah man, I have a low power laptop (Celeron N3050) and firefox is really slow on it. I now use netsurf for most stuff, even posting on 4chan, and it works OK and is much faster
>>
>>59571697
>Russians aren't out to get you, retard
Hey, he wants his privacy, and this is one way to get it. And I think he also wants to hide from his ISP, now that they can sell his information. And don't forget the American three letter agencies. Though, they might as well just hack the OS and track his keystrokes.
>>
Does chrome have a vertical tab extension that doesn't use another window?
>>
>>59567043
They should remove Ghostery & Disconnect since uBlock Origin has their filters.
>>
I see a lot of people shilling for uBlock as of lately. Sure, it is way better than ABP, but those interested in privacy should take a step further.

uBlock blocks known trackers and most browsers nowadays block third party cookies by default, but that does nothing to stop websites from identifying you. Taking the uMatrix approach of loading html with css and images, and enabling only scripts, xhr, cookies and frames you trust will do far more in that regard, and if you use a VPN/VPS or tor to obtain a non-direct ip will make tracking makes you far less vulnurable to identification. And if theres a page you really need to visit that does not load without JS or cookies, just use an archive site and mirror it for yourself, since their servers take a copy with all elements included.

There's literally no reason to use Ghostery, Noscript or disconnect if you use uMatrix properly.

Also:
>disable instant search, you don't want search providers to know too much about your searching habbits
>use a searx clone, and even better, make one yourself. ddg isn't any better than google in terms of privacy
>stop using chromium-based browsers. Even the most bare-bone chromium builds come with proprietary blobs and send DNS requests to googles servers even if you aren't using their DNS in the first place, so they know when you use your browser.
>>
>>59567043
>Firefox
>Privacy
pick one
>>
>>59567043
That screenshot will give people eye cancer. Take it down now, OP! And you should also kys for having that kind of font rendering. Atrocious! My Nokia from 2005 had better font rendering.
>>
>>59567043
>DuckDuckGo teamed up with some Russian company for it's image search function, which I'm not really a fan of.- 20 posts and 2 image replies shown.
You're stupid. Russians can't arrest you. Google/MS/etc can and regularly report people and send them to jail.

You should move your email to Russia and also use Yandex for search because no one can get to you data since they don't cooperate with western legal systems.
>>
What does /g/ think of decentraleyes?

From my understanding it takes common resources from CDNs and hosts them locally so you have to call home to Google servers less
>>
Why does /g/ love ublock origin so much? I've been using it for a few months and I keep seeing ads on certain websites.
>>
>>59575258
Make sure you're using good filters and have them up to date.
>>
>>59567043
>Ghostery
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.