[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>water cooled loop designed around right angles >shoe lace

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 7.jpg (929KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
929KB, 1200x800px
>water cooled loop designed around right angles
>shoe lace covered cables from china

Pretty much what "high end" custom PCs of the late 2000s to 2020 will be infamous for.
>>
Like most custom cars since the 90s?
>>
>>59563021
That one is pretty gaudy, but I fail to see the issue here, and my case doesn't even have a window and my only LEDs are system LEDs on my mainboard.

It's better than the terrible Chinese gamer aesthetic we've seen in the past
>>
>>59563021
I don't see the issue here
It's a bit flashy, but it's probably nicer than any rig you could possibly hope to own.
>Inb4 poor fag arguments.
>>
>>59563021
What is this right angle meme?

Sincerely,
-air cooled PC
>>
>>59565322

Right angles add resistance to the pump and cause higher temperatures as the fluid flows slower. Theoretically.

If you're that autistic about 65 degree coolant becoming 70 chances are the rest of your case looks like shit.
>>
>>59565505
>Theoretically.

that's pretty retarded. I could see it being an issue if the flow rates were very, very high. But in a PC setup, the difference wouldn't even be measurable. Why would a right angle matter when the coolant is going through multiple water blocks and making 180's? If anything you'd get more gains from having the metal fittings dispersing heat than you would have from any "flow restrictions" with right angles.
>>
>>59565505
>people unironically care about the way a computer looks

what the actual fuck
>>
>>59565630
>Not having any sense of artistic and aesthetic value
>>
>>59565648
>spending money to make a machine that only you will see look nice
?
>>
>>59565695
different strokes for different faggots.

I personally want my next PC to look nice, but not enough to go spending extra on aesthetic stuff, but whatever.
>>
>>59565695

>Why bother having paintings and plants and pictures on your walls
>>
>>59565754
fair enough.
>>
>>59565754
Pictures were made to look nice, an ugly computer and a /v/eddit tier computer with lights and aesthetic shit will both run the same if they have the same specs.
>>
>>59565614
> the difference wouldn't even be measurable
You'd be amazed at the amount of resistance the pumps have to deal with because of the waterblocks.
>>
File: index.jpg (12KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12KB, 192x263px
>>59565772
are you trying to tell me red lights DON'T make it go faster?
>>
>>59565505

>Right angles add resistance to the pump
>resistance along a tube of a uniform diameter
>flowing slower

Fuck off brainlet.
>>
>>59565789
exactly, it doesn't matter if you have right angles or not when you are forcing through the waterblocks
>>
>>59565772

And cars can vary from utilitarian design, to sculpted works of art.

But one isn't necessarily faster or better than the other. It just means I'm going the extra mile to have something visually striking instead of a beige box.
>>
>>59565505
on what planet?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.