[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>land phone interview with top tier tech company >it goes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1453242449111.gif (565KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
1453242449111.gif
565KB, 246x205px
>land phone interview with top tier tech company
>it goes well...
>spend the past 2 weeks going through interview process
>prepping, going, relaxing, repeat
>we've decided to move forward with other candidates

how do you cope with lost time and effort /g/?
>>
>>59562611
Do what I do, and not give any fucks. Do your best in the interview, past that just ignore the stupid bullshit.
>>
Get drunk
>>
>>59562611
I work on my own projects. I code.

Your own code, your own projects, that's something no one can take from you.
>>
>>59562611
>caring about an interview
go in without care and you get the job, I never want any jobs I consult at
>>
>>59562993
I am barely landing on sites though.

How do I make myself more hire-able? I have a BS in Computer Engineering, 3 years in industry and know Java and Python fairly well. WTF am I doing wrong?
>>
>>59563096
If you're a cis white male, that's your problem.
>>
>>59562769
Somebody, somewhere, has written your exact code better, and is more successful for it.
>>
>>59563096
probably your location
>>
>>59563108

This. White men are practically toxic to HR, since they cover none of the enforced diversity quotas.

That or the jobs you're applying for are just the pity postings that EEO forces them to put out while they select whatever H1-B they want.
>>
File: pepe-the-frog-meme.png (48KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme.png
48KB, 500x282px
>>59563130
>some people, all over the world, has "refactored" your code into a program or app, and is more successful and richer for it.
>>
>>59563096
>and know Java and Python fairly well
Can you implement bubblesort on a whiteboard. and find the sum of all primes below 2 million? Post your fizzbuzz at least, show /g/ what you've got.
>>
>>59563142
San Francisco

>>59563108
>>59563143
CIS chinese male...which categorically puts me in the 'asian' affirmative action category (aka largest group of people working in tech)
>>
>>59563096
The best practice I have found is don't go for big tech companies. Try some digital agencies, learn node to the extent you can do a decent UI in the "newest and coolest technologies". Or maybe try a generic company that requires technical management like updating their website or internal projects.

I work for a financial company developing microservices for an all in one online banking site for businesses.

Also when it comes to interviewing candidates, I've found the ones who try to present them selves and be strongly opinionated to be the worst developers. Don't get stuck in a single set of languages, always be willing to learn and use the best tools for the job.
>>
>>59563180

>asian in SF

Yeah you're not gonna get shit unless you're a literal wiz kid. Try looking outside the SF/SV areas, and aim for non-tech companies with technical needs.
>>
>>59562611
Same boat. I just stopped applying to places for 2 weeks.
>>
>>59563180
>california

rip any good job
>>
>>59563180
San Francisco is saturated in devs. I'd relocate. Seriously.
>>
>>59563216
>aim for non-tech companies with technical needs.
this is where I get like 90% of my work
idk why you'd want to work with a tech company anyway..

asian anon needs to switch it up
>>
With pajeet and chang I doubt any jobs exist in this market.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.