[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I'm buying a new laptop and I've been wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

So, I'm buying a new laptop and I've been wondering why I should install W10 instead of XP. XP uses fewer resources despite that all the (obviously paid) "professional" reviews say W10 is more performant while all the user reviews complain W10 hogs resources.
What do you think /g/, why would anyone buy W10?
>>
>>59560771
>Using XP
>In 2017
It's like you want malware
>>
>>59560771
Is there any XP image with SATA support out of the box?
>>
>>59560771
just install windows 7 or 8.1
>>
>>59560771
Get 7 or linux
>>
>>59560771
>new hardware
>XP
Enjoy having no drivers.

>>59561291
POSReady 2009 or some other XP-based OS might have it but none of the actual XP releases do, you have to add drivers to the installer
>>
>>59561291
POSReady 2009
XP Black Edition
>>
>>59561238
It's for my mother, she's been running XP for the past 8 years and she only got malware twice. I don't consider it an issue.
>>
>>59561511
>and she knows of only two times she's gotten malware
FTFY
>>
>>59561304
>>59561319
>>59561326
>Enjoy having no drivers.

I checked, you're right, it only has W7 and W10 drivers.
So basically the only reason to move from XP is people not supporting it anymore, not because there's anything wrong with it, in fact, it's small cpu/ram footprint makes it more attractable.
>>
>>59561545

Well, if she got them they sure didn't do anything interesting because nobody noticed. It's even more funny when you know she plays a lot of flash games.
Since she doesn't keep any vital person info on her laptop security is a nonissue.
>>
I've just look at the sys req for Win7 and it says you need to 2gb of ram for the 64bit version as opposed to 1gb of ram for the 32bit one. Considering the laptop only has 4gb of ram, should I just install the 32bit version? Would there be any another downsides?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.