[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GNU/Linux is both the world’s best and worst operating system.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 2498548-2453139953-linux.jpg (20KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
2498548-2453139953-linux.jpg
20KB, 300x375px
GNU/Linux is both the world’s best and worst operating system. If you’re running a server it’s the best, it gives you control, sort of. On the desktop however it totally sucks, and over time it’s getting worse.

GNU/Linux also, like the Mac is more of a religion where GNU/Linux followers praise new features that actually make the user experience worse. The community behaves more like a cult and seems completely disconnected from the reality of making something productive or good, they focus on hating Windows rather than making something better than it.

GNU/Linux is $free and is actually not even worth what you pay for it. That’s why people actually are willing to pay for something else. If GNU/Linux paid you to take it it wouldn’t be any more popular than it is now and if it cost money it would be even less popular than it is now, quite an achievement .
>>
2018 will be the year of the Linux desktop.
>>
muh games
>>
>>59557310
I’m currently running 12 Linux servers. I have 20 years of Linux experience. And I’m currently running Linux on my desktop. So you might ask, if I hate Linux so much, why do I run it.

Windows is too insecure. Too easy to end up with ramsomware encrypting your drive and demanding money to release it.
Apple is insanely expensive and doesn’t give me the ability to build my own hardware. I hate their menu system and they are still stuck with one button mouse world (laptops). They go out of their way to be incompatible.

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2016/02/25/why-linux-sucks-and-will-never-compete-with-windows-or-osx/
>>
>>59557465
>Windows is too insecure.
False, even Theo De Raadt of OPenBSD puts Windows ahead of Linux, only OpenBSD beats Windows in terms of security: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXS8ljif9b8

>Too easy to end up with ramsomware encrypting your drive and demanding money to release it.
Happens to Linux too, totally avoidable with adblocker and hosts files.

>Applel
Give ya that.
>>
>>59557310
Mom, look I posted on /g/, I'm intelligent now.
>>
>>59557519
>Theo De Raadt
To the trash it goes.
>>
>>59557310
>On the desktop however it totally sucks, and over time it’s getting worse.

I disagree, linux desktop is the best desktop. >easy updates
>easy installation
>runs quicker than anything else
>has everything you need in the repo, all for free
>no av necessary
>no registry cleaner bullshit
>no defragging
>last but not least, so much fucking choice

Honestly, why the fuck would anybody wait hours for windows """updates""" to complete when you can install a better overall experience in half that time?
>>
>>59557519
>even Theo De Raadt

kek
>>
>>59557310
linux desktop is already on a good spot. all we need now is an official UI framework for dotnet core and its perfect!
>>
>>59558539
I saw a dude this week using an acer crapware with W10 at a lecture. ~5 minutes wasted just on something at boot, maybe updates. It made me smug af with my manjaro/x220 combo that get out of my way and let me take notes asap.
>>
>>59557326
>2018 will be the year of the Linux desktop.
When gnome will make work bluetooth with pulseaudio in Root
And be less than 300mb haha
>>
File: gtfo.gif (902KB, 280x170px) Image search: [Google]
gtfo.gif
902KB, 280x170px
>>59558632
>Downloading updates
>Configuring updates
>Installing updates
>Please wait while we reboot
>Configuring updates
>Installing updates
>Reboot
>Installing updates
>Configuring updates
>Checking for updates
>There are 84 updates to download
>mfw
>>
>>59558632
windows 10 forces 10+ minute updates on you without giving you an ootion to turn it off or even delay it. it is the most cancerous operating ever concieved
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.