[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Go is a language for fags, triple niggers and googlebabies.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: goraster.png (83KB, 744x501px) Image search: [Google]
goraster.png
83KB, 744x501px
Go is a language for fags, triple niggers and googlebabies.

Prove me wrong
>>
File: reece.jpg (27KB, 504x415px) Image search: [Google]
reece.jpg
27KB, 504x415px
>>59548420
prove you're right first
>>
>>59548474
https://talks.golang.org/2012/splash.article#TOC_6.
>It must be familiar, roughly C-like.
>Programmers working at Google are early in their careers and are most familiar with procedural languages, particularly from the C family.
>The need to get programmers productive quickly in a new language means that the language cannot be too radical.

They created a dumb language on purpose so fresh out of college code monkeys could help with menial tasks without creating memory leaks.
It has no useful high level constructs and it's only good if you want to write garbage-collected C with a simple multithreading pattern.
>>
I dunno, seems GOAT for servers.
>>
>>59548420
I see no reason to prove you wrong.

https://golang.org/doc/faq#What_is_the_purpose_of_the_project

Haven't touched it myself.
>>
>>59548420
You can't prove a negative.
>>
>>59549530
>They created a dumb language on purpose so fresh out of college code monkeys could help with menial tasks without creating memory leaks.
Wow they created a language to help solve the problems most people have. That's SO terrible
>>
>>59550618
You mean the problems that most terrible programmers have. They should be disregarded instead.
>>
>>59548420
https://talks.golang.org/2012/splash.article

Looks like they made it to fix issues internally in google servers.

>Go is a programming language designed by Google to help solve Google's problems, and Google has big problems.

>The hardware is big and the software is big. There are many millions of lines of software, with servers mostly in C++ and lots of Java and Python for the other pieces. Thousands of engineers work on the code, at the "head" of a single tree comprising all the software, so from day to day there are significant changes to all levels of the tree. A large custom-designed distributed build system makes development at this scale feasible, but it's still big.
>>
>>59550651

>The goals of the Go project were to eliminate the slowness and clumsiness of software development at Google, and thereby to make the process more productive and scalable. The language was designed by and for people who write—and read and debug and maintain—large software systems.

>Go's purpose is therefore not to do research into programming language design; it is to improve the working environment for its designers and their coworkers. Go is more about software engineering than programming language research. Or to rephrase, it is about language design in the service of software engineering.
>>
>>59550650
Show me your miracle bug free code.
>>
It has a lot going for it.
Type system based on interfaces and go routines are fantastic.

I just wish it wasn't such a "restrictive" language that forces a one true way unlike C.
>>
>Be google
>Hire the ''best and brightest"
>Have to create an entirely new poorly designed language because your hires are actually retards
>>
>>59550904
That's what happens when you hire people based on whether they can reverse a binary tree (i.e. how many hours they've spent practicing programming puzzles) instead of whether they have actual experience writing high-quality production.
>>
>>59550968
t. someone who failed an interview because they don't understand basic data structures
>>
>>59548420
You sound mad that people can develop software without internalizing huge complex frameworks.
>>
>>59550844
>I just wish it wasn't such a "restrictive" language that forces a one true way unlike C.
In what way does it force one true way?
>>
>>59550968
Someone who can't reverse a binary tree doesn't belong in the "best and brightest" category.
>>
>>59548420

I can't, you're correct.
>>
>>59553627
>>59550968

What's a reversed binary tree?
Do you just switch the left and right child in each node?
>>
>>59553627

Wrong.

You can be a genius and still miss some "hard facts". Hiring good Devs is about seeing their potential, about wether they get shit done and learn fast and can adapt.

It's a differnt story for a senior dev, but still if he just didn't work with some arbitrary data structure, he might still be great at a certain field.
>>
>>59553669
They don't expect you to do that shit by heart though. And if you can't come up with a solution in a few minutes you're not one of the best and the brightest.
>>
>>59553669
If you fail a question about something advanced like repairing a red-black tree, that's totally fine. But we're talking about really trivial stuff here. Reversing a binary tree is about as easy as writing a Fizzbuzz.
>>
it's a really good language
>>
>>59550596
You cane here first and made a statement, defend it or gtfo. /g/ ain't got time for your inflated ego.
>>
>>59550812
float Q_rsqrt( float number ) {     long i;     float x2, y;     const float threehalfs = 1.5F;     x2 = number * 0.5F;     y = number;     i = * ( long * ) &y; // evil floating point bit level hacking     i = 0x5f3759df - ( i >> 1 ); // what the fuck?     y = * ( float * ) &i;     y = y * ( threehalfs - ( x2 * y * y ) ); // 1st iteration //    y = y * ( threehalfs - ( x2 * y * y ) ); // 2nd iteration, this can be removed     return y; }
>>
>>59548420
>triple niggers

I think your math's off, OP.
Curry niggers are somewhere between whole and half nigger.
>>
>>59553055
The syntax is pretty restrictive.
>>
>>59557069
> your code
>>
>>59553668
Seems like it would be a waste to even reverse since you could just traverse it in reverse for not extra cost.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.