[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Audiobook / Podcast thread Is Audible worth it? Where do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: audible.png (7KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
audible.png
7KB, 310x310px
Audiobook / Podcast thread

Is Audible worth it?
Where do you get your audiobooks? Any decent trackers?

I like Pocketcasts on Android for podcasts thus far.
>>
>>59546555
>> /g/ reads
>>
>>59546555
Audible is worth it unless you are going to power through audiobooks.

PodcastAddict is awesome too.
>>
>>59546995
yeah, I'm a little concerned I'm going to be powering through them.

I'll basically be listening when I'm getting ready in the morning through commute, and almost any breaks.
>>
It's worth it, anon. I stopped hating books now.
>>
15/month is heavy for only one book. I'd be all over it if it was Netflix style.

Speaking of, anyone got any MaM invites
>>
>>59547049
any reqs since you've been transformed anon
>>
>>59547044
dude unless your commute is over an hour then you´ll be fine with 1 a month plus an endless list of podcasts on the internet (I tend to avoid the American ones full of ads and false humor)
>>
>>59547065
check out BookBeat. Think their catalog is way smaller than Audible is, though.
>>
>>59547167
seems europoor
>>
>>59547082
I listen to fantasy and detective novels. The best thing I bought was on my old account which was a 70+ hour collection of Sherlock Holmes stories. Pro tip, you can sometimes buy a series of books by adding the word series or collection to the name.
>>
>>59547346
The series costing the same as one book.
>>
>>59547346
this is op, appreciate it anon
>>
I just download audiobooks from TPB and don't worry about fees.
>>
File: cover.jpg (199KB, 987x1500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
199KB, 987x1500px
>>59547599
OP listen here, I've been an Audible user for 3 years now. If you enjoy reading, but literally don't have the time to sit down and read, this is definitely worth it, and here's why.

1. Using audio files from piratebay or something, these don't work practically. They come as one big audio file or maybe many audio files split up into the books chapters. The problem with this is the fact that if you pause or stop reading half way or 1/3rd the way through, you then have to search and scan and remember to exactly where you left of. The free audible app, remembers exactly where you left off and puts you there right when you hit resume.

2. The quality of the narrators is unsurpassed. Audible not only records some books, but they gather other records of books. so this gives you a wide variety and even choice of narrator sometimes.

3. Audiobooks allow you to (if you can multitask) the sweet advantage of getting your reading in, and enjoying it, and doing something practical. I listen to my books when I'm at the gym (It makes biking, lifting and running go by so so much easier), while driving to work (stuck in traffic? no worries!) and while mowing the lawn, and taking walks around outside. Especially if I'm reading a good book, I listen whenever I have menial task that I have to do.

4. No need to lug around books where ever you go. Plus you can read stuff that you'd be too embarressed to be seen reading in public. Go ahead see what Fifty Shades of grey is all about brah.

If you have any questions, ask, I'm a huge huge Audible.com fan...if you're serious about joining I have a promo you can use to get a first book free.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.