[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Building new computer. 1. Need good single core performance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
Building new computer.

1. Need good single core performance
2. Can make use of muh threads

I've come to i7-7700 and i7-7700k.

I do not care about overclocking.

non k is £285, k is £320.

Which one?
>>
>>59543755
The k version is for overclocking
>>
>>59543804

But it has higher stock clocks too. Is the difference big?
>>
>I do not care about overclocking
>should i buy the one aimed at overclocking or not? durrrr
jesus christ

besides, if you're willing to pay that much for a processor, getting a non-overclockable variant is fucking retarded
>>
File: iWKad22r.jpg (90KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
iWKad22r.jpg
90KB, 1440x1080px
>>59543825

The stock clocks are different. I am asking if it's worth paying more for that.
>>
>>59543755
CPU doesn't matter nearly as much as ram at this point. You can overclock your ram and CPU at the same time, and the actual visible difference will end up being majorly due to the ram. Get the regular version, and spend the extra cash on faster ram, you'll get more of a benefit
>>
Get the K version, you'll get bored and decide to try overclocking someday.
>>
>>59543755
>I do not care about overclocking.

Then go on and get the standard model, smartass. It'll run a lot cooler and you won't notice a huge difference in terms of raw power tbqfh rn.
>>
>>59543822
>>59543959
>is a 10% clock difference big

fucking retard use your brain
>>
>>59543982
he also needs to get a more expensive board and a cooler good enough for meaningful overclocking
>>
>>59543959
and you're fucking retarded if you consider buying an unlocked processor not to overclock it, but for slightly higher clocks

actually, scratch that, i bet you're buying an i7 for fucking video games, aren't you?
>>
>>59544016
Teen angst?
>>
>>59544051
/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

>gaming processor
>can't figure out difference between 4.2 and 4.5GHz
>calls others teens
>>
>>59544031
A cooler in general because the K skus don't come with one.
>>59543755
Since you posted a game pic I'm guessing it's a console you're assembling. If you're not going to overclock you are pissing money away for negligeable increases. with a decent cooler the 7700 will operate quietly locked at max turbo under heavy load, that is 300mhz off of the 7700k.

A 7700, B250/H270 motherboard and low cas 2400mhz ddr4 is all you need.
>>
>>59543822
Let's evaluate that question. If you "don't care" about overclocking, I don't see why you'd care about the 300MHz difference in top clock between a 7700 and a 7700K. You clearly don't care about getting a few hundred MHz out of OC, why would you care about getting them by paying more? You're obviously not out for the best performance you can get. So get a 7700.
>>
Kill yourself
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.