[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More leaks and rumors have been coming out about X399. At CeBIT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 71tzn1r5h0hy.png (1MB, 700x960px) Image search: [Google]
71tzn1r5h0hy.png
1MB, 700x960px
More leaks and rumors have been coming out about X399.

At CeBIT a few days ago, a hardware conference in Germany a few days ago, manufacturers were confirming that a true AMD HEDT platform is coming and that AMD sees the Ryzen 7 as light workstation chips and high end gaming, and not a true competitor to the upcoming Skylake-X.

That was yesterday. Now they're saying there's engineering samples of the chip floating around as well.

>AMD's rumoured 180W 16-core Ryzen part will reportedly run at 3.1/3.6GHz

>AMD's rumoured 180W 16-core Ryzen engineering samples are reportedly running at base/boost clock speeds of 3.1/3.6GHz, offering performance that would be similar to two R7 1700 CPUs.

>These specifications are for early samples, not final retail products, with this new CPU model being rumoured to come on AMD's X399 socket (likely not final name) with quad-channel memory support and overclocking capabilities.

>This new CPU socket will be aimed at high-end PC users who require a large number of strong CPU cores for productivity, so gamers should certainly be looking elsewhere for their next CPU.
>>
>>59543596
The ultimate COARS meme.

Prepare for retards that still try and compare it to a HT pentium at single threaded tasks and MUH GAYMES.
>>
>>59543596
we'll be able to compile our kernels in 30 seconds

30 GOD DAMN SECONDS
>>
There's a thread up already.

>>59541278
>>
>>59543841
That thread is wrong.

This is for HEDT, not servers.

"Snowy Owl" will be similar but server aimed with <100w TDP.
>>
>>59543865
Nobody said it's for servers, it's prosumer aka HEDT

These are too high TDP for servers, at least at this core count.
>>
>>59543881
Why does the dumbest OP show a Naples board and compare to server CPUS then?
>Xeons on fucking life support.
>Especially Xeon-D

This is a Skylake-X competitor. You're probably the moron OP, and that's why you don't get it.
>>
>>59544007
You're arguing semantics, HEDT 16 core Ryzen and 16 core Opterons are for all intents and purposes the same thing, just at different TDPs and with stuff like AMT(or whatever AMD calls it) disabled.
And it's clear the 16 core Opterons compete with Xeon-D
>>
>>59544123
No shit.

But it's a different chipset, and may be a different socket a swell.

One is server focused and lower TDP, even if it's the same chip. The server focused one has a different chipset with enterprise focused features.
>>
>>59544593
I don't think there's a different socket, both are xbox hueg LGA.
>>
>>59544617
I think sockets are gonna be different, but as in 2 more pins different.

Don't want to blow up a expensive supermicro board that supports 120W TDP CPUs with a 180W CPU from the HEDT line.
>>
>>59544617
Naples was confirmed as BGA. Is Snowy Owl not also BGA?

I would expect X399 to be LGA, and potentially a different number of pins as Snowy Owl in addition to a different chipset.
>>
>>59544960
>Naples BGA

???
I thought Snowy was BGA, there's Naples board pictures and they're clearly not BGA
>>
>>59544960
Naples is socket SP3 supposedly, LGA. As seen on >>59541278
>>
>>59544984
Ah, I'm wrong and got them mixed up, then.
>>
>>59544984
They're both enormous chips I don't see BGA being profitable at all.
>>
>>59543596
>jewtel controls the microsoft so multithreading will still be shit and smt even worse
Bummer dudes.
Unlike Bulldozer this seems to actually be decent hardware (with ye olde amd's achilles heel, memory controller not withstanding) that could be fixed with some software optimization. Oh well.
>>
>>59545210
As if anyone's gonna use these on Windows lol
>>
Think Intel will ever go back to MCMs? I don't see them scaling higher at the rate shrinks are coming every 4 years.
>>
>>59545241
Linus will.
>>
>>59545282
Linus is a dog that can read spreadsheets. Technical knowledge on par with random /v/ermin
>>
File: it's better because moar cores.jpg (81KB, 608x369px) Image search: [Google]
it's better because moar cores.jpg
81KB, 608x369px
>>59543596
>not impressed with ryzen 7? WELL HERES MORE CORES!
AMD lives up to its memes
>>
>>59546802
Corelets mad

>10 cores for $1700 is perfect. You don't need to render video faster! Don't buy the 16 core!!!
>>
>>59545252
I predict LONGER BIBELIENS and MORE BIGGAHURTZ.
>>
>>59546802
>meanwhile at intel
More Ghz until you burn your house
>>
>>59548445
>ryzen can only overclock around 4GHZ on air
>intel can get to 5GHZ on air and same volts
>H-house fires
>>
>>59548499
>Intel needs to be overclocked 5Ghz on 4cores to perform not even 3/5ths as well as AMD does with its 8 more efficient cores.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.