[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I don't use adblock because I want to support the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1463861118113.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463861118113.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>I don't use adblock because I want to support the content creators
>>
>>59541830
>I payed for my phone because I want to support the manufacturer
>>
>i run arch
>>
I'd just like to interject for a moment. If you want to describe a feeling of comfort and satisfaction, by all means say you are “content,” but using the word as a noun to describe publications and works of authorship adopts an attitude you might rather avoid: it treats them as a commodity whose purpose is to fill a box and make money. In effect, it disparages the works themselves. If you don't agree with that attitude, you can call them “works” or “publications.”

The term “creator” as applied to authors implicitly compares them to a deity (“the creator”). The term is used by publishers to elevate authors' moral standing above that of ordinary people in order to justify giving them increased copyright power, which the publishers can then exercise in their name. We recommend saying “author” instead. However, in many cases “copyright holder” is what you really mean. These two terms are not equivalent: often the copyright holder is not the author.
>>
The only problem with ads is that they often end up as vectors for malware.

Otherwise I see no real problem with them. I pretty much never watch/read them, and at worst you lose a few seconds of time. Webhosting costs money, and it's either ads or subscriptions (which usually end up getting ads anyway).
>>
I never disable ublock and never will for any site, just look at the kind of shit we had ~2005 and onwards, people were installing popup blocking *software* because advertisers couldn't stop themselves from compromising user security/privacy on the off chance they would make a few shekels from it, it is no different now.

It's just too much of a security risk.
>>
I use adblock and donate directly to the channels I think deserve it

Google ain't getting SHIT
>>
Said noone ever.
>>
>not allowing nonintrusive, static ads
>>
>>59543065
>It's just too much of a security risk.
There also aren't any reason to voluntary expose yourself to the psychological "propaganda" that ads are.
>>
>>59541889
>a """content creator's""" minecraft video is about equal to a phone
>>
>>59541911
is this the new GNU/Linux

are you some kind of PUBLICATION AUTHOR or WORKS COPYRIGHT-HOLDER?
>>
>>59541830
>using the term "content creator"
>>
>>59544395
are you the COPYRIGHT HOLDER for this WORK?
>>
>>59543967
>There also aren't any reason to voluntary expose yourself to the psychological "propaganda" that ads are.
now that's fedora-tier
>>
>>59545941
t. ADSENSEPRO
>>
Advertisements are mental terror.
Watching them is supporting terrorism.
Everyone who is not blocking ads might as well be a terrorist.
>>
>>59546408
>Advertisements are mental terror.
not to mention most ad companies are owned by jewish globalists who are funding basically every war, every social conflict, and every political upheaval effort in the world right now

you all other lads get woken, your pageview money is going directly to support known jewish globalist and communist gayboy toby fox's weed addiction and also pay for jewish cuck pills designed to turn susceptible western millennials into impotent, sterile, gene-damaged gay communist mutants
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.