[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumb question here, I saw a notice in my gmail inbox saying that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1472508508452.jpg (103KB, 764x740px) Image search: [Google]
1472508508452.jpg
103KB, 764x740px
Dumb question here, I saw a notice in my gmail inbox saying that my account was logged into from a new device, showing a Taiwan IP and Chrome browser. I often use a VPN, and I contacted their service and they confirmed that the IP address belongs to them, and I in fact did log into their Taiwan location today, but I don't remember what time it was. Sounds all good, it was probably me that logged in...

But I use firefox, not chrome. Is it possible that gmail mistakenly thought I was using Chrome? How likely is that?

I went ahead and changed my password just to be safe, but how fucked am I?
>>
You can literally see which devices are connect to your gmail account.
>>
>>59537977
That login was 3 hours ago and it says Windows (which is what I use), and Chrome 56.0. The IP address belongs to the same VPN company I use according to their support. But it's not recognizing that login as my device (my computer). I login to my gmail account all the time when connected to my VPN, but this is the first time I received an alert about it.
>>
>>59537963
Well, Firefox is now a chrome-based browser, since it uses the same interface.
Start using PaleMoon OP, and next time you won't be confused. It'll tell you that you signed in using Firefox.
>>
>>59538397
I think I might've figured it out... but someone chime in if I'm wrong.

I updated my NVidia drivers earlier using the GeForce Experience application and it asked me to login to my google account in order to do it. Would google recognize that as an entirely new device and browser though? The driver install time and date is only 7 or 8 minutes after the time google says my account was accessed.
>>
>>59538524
Think you nailed it.
/thread
>>
>>59538524
Yep, it was the geforce experience.
>>
>>59538858
>>59538602
thx senpai you saved me a heart attack
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.