[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone please explain this shit to me? https://torrent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: tpb.png (96KB, 580x388px) Image search: [Google]
tpb.png
96KB, 580x388px
can someone please explain this shit to me?

https://torrentfreak.com/internet-backbone-cogent-blocks-cloudflares-new-pirate-site-ip-addresses-170322/

if a backbone provider (like these Cogent cunts) blacklists an IP address, why don't packets just route around that backbone provider and find another route to the IP address?
>>
>>59536621
>Asking a actual technical question on /g/
>>
>>59536621
bicos its very hard mate
>>
WHYYYYYY???!!?!?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tier_1_network#List_of_tier_1_networks
>>
My man, you're confusing "backbone" with "backup". A backbone is the main routing path, not something that can be "routed around".
>>
>>59536621
I think it routes around if somebody else owns (has registered) the block with IANA. If instead of forwarding to the next hop I null routed the traffic without removing the advertisement to my BGP peers that I had a route I think it would basically screw the traffic. If I used a really low metric I peers would prefer my route (to nowhere).

This is a good question and I'm interested. Article was very sparse.
>>
>>59536732

if a central governing body like IANA can block IP addresses, doesn't this defeat the whole purpose of the internet being a decentralized network?
>>
>>59536911
This isn't 1995 anymore. The vast majority of the web is centralized. There's a few key points that basically all traffic get routed through these days. Also look at AWS, they host half of the internets.
>>
Your question is: Why can't the router that's dropping packets just refer you to a different route?
That would defeat the purpose of blocking it, wouldn't it.. lol
>>
File: suck my dick nigger cattle.png (134KB, 960x886px) Image search: [Google]
suck my dick nigger cattle.png
134KB, 960x886px
CIA NIGGERS BTFO
>>
>>59536943

> The vast majority of the web is centralized

this statement strains credulity
>>
>>59537008

no, the question is: if a router (in this case a bunch of routers in the Cogent network) are dropping packets, why are the packets not following alternate routes and avoiding the malicious routers
>>
>>59537125
it's like they are burning the packets with gasoline and a blowtorch

the packets get eaten. the backbone is like "okay stop" and the packets listen.
if the router was like "o, hey I'm broken" then the packets would re-route, but this backbone router is acting maliciously.
>>
>>59537099
How exactly? You think you have a cable running directly from your computer to every other computer on the internet? You're connected to your ISP.
>>
File: internet.jpg (30KB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
internet.jpg
30KB, 300x262px
>>59537201

>centralized

i don't think this word means what you think it means
>>
>>59536943
>>59537201
That's not what "centralized" means.
You're talking about "decentralized.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.