[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the things I can do on other systems but can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: unnamed.png (152KB, 508x289px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
152KB, 508x289px
What are the things I can do on other systems but can't on MacBookPro?

Elaborate precisely.
>>
>>59535874

get spied on by the three letter intelligence agencies.
>>
>>59535874
edit NTFS partitions without downloading additional software

I found this out after buying a macbook pro, it's a great laptop but there are limitations coming from linux
>>
>>59535874
be heterosexual
>>
>>59535874
everything except shit post on 4chan and facebook.
>>
>>59535899
Hetro please
>>
>>59535891
>Without downloading additional software
How far would you get on a Linux install before downloading a package?
>>
>>59535899
This. Also Linux is the most loved platform on Stack Overflow in 2017
https://stackoverflow.com/insights/survey/2017#technology-most-loved-dreaded-and-wanted-platforms
>>
File: 1488747534143.jpg (59KB, 618x376px) Image search: [Google]
1488747534143.jpg
59KB, 618x376px
Convince your father you're not a faggot. Cannot do with a macbook
>>
>>59535931
This.
>>
>>59535874
Depends, are you running a windows VM?
>>
>>59535971
No, sir.
>>
>>59535874
I'm just gonna ramble on about why you shouldn't buy one of these pieces of shit.

You can't be a person who is well educated in how technology works who understand specifications and the awful specifications of Apple shit hardware, a person who can be calm and mature instead of screaming "MAKE IT WORK" whilst flapping their hands like a faggot playing Yahtzee when you don't understand how to do something on a computer that even a fucking grandma could.

Let's see....oh yeah you can't have conservative political beliefs because "le 2 kool 4 u" libtard shit ideals. Seriously something like 58% of all Macfags are libcucks...it's hilarious.

And of course you have to constantly remind people that your choice of tech product was totally worth it and that you didn't get fucked in the ass by applel because you're too fucking stupid to use any other product.

And if you do in fact buy one of these horrendous pieces of shit, you will realize just how sad the OS is, how fucking insecure it is because "Le security through obscurity teehee" and you will also realize that Applel has all but abandoned Mac OS because they think iOS is actually useful for something other than fagbook and le angry birds XD. Pro tip...it fucking isn't

I could ramble on for ages but keep in mind that this shitty company and their shitty OS only has about 7% of the global marketshare for a fucking reason which is because it's a shit OS for tech illiterates

Good luck OP
>>
>>59535874
play directx12 games
>>
>>59536004
Then there's a lot of technical instruments you won't be able to interface with, and there will be a lot of video games you can't play.
>>
>>59536009
What is the best os according to you if not Apple Mac?
>>
>>59536014
Can I actually run Windows VM on a Mac?
>>
Use delete or backspace instead of just backspace, charge and connect more than 2 devices at once, touch-screen digitizer if you're a visual-arts/creative fag, etc.
>>
>>59536054
You serious?
>>
>>59536099
This is a tech illiterate Macfag
>>
>>59536044
>install gentoo
>>
>>59536215
Yep.
>>
>>59535926
except I can't just sudo apt-get on macOS, I have to go download a dmg file and actually install it
>>
>>59536262
Yeah, you can run windows in a VM on a mac...
>>
>>59536044
Honestly Windows 10 is the best all round OS. If you're paranoid or have something against Microsoft, and don't need their office software, then find a Linux distribution that feels comfy to you and does what you need/want. There's absolutely no reason to fall for Applels shitty marketing and products when you can get a superior experience for waaay less money and get superior quality hardware as well. Don't even get me started on the shitty Foxconn hardware they use. Remember the original Xbox 360 with the red ring of death built by foxconn? Yeah Foxconn is the same company that builds Apple shit and puts shitty cheap ass hard drives in their machines and passes it off as "server grade hardware"
>>
>>59536271
>I have to go download a dmg file and actually install it

You mean copy the application to your hard drive?

Let me tell you, it's 100% worth not having to fuck around with dependencies.
>>
>>59536271
For a good percent of things, you can use brew
>>
>>59536278
>Honestly Windows 10 is the best all round OS.
B-but I can install that on Mac.
>>
I do music production and some of my most used plugins and programs are unavailable for Mac, so if I had to switch I'd have to give those up, and this alone makes it not worth it.

Also I never found a Mac alternative to Foobar2000, since I need a waveform seekbar and a spectrograph visualizer, which I need to see what's in the songs and samples that I play on it.
Also all its other features, which are nice to have.

Plus all the little one-feature programs that I use daily to manage files and whatnot, but I haven't looked for an alternative to each one, so maybe this isn't really a problem.
>>
>>59536317
B-but you're still getting cucked by buying shitty overpriced hardware wrapped up in shiny aluminum. Oh and Windows runs like shit on Mac. Applel wants you to have the worst possible experience so they can try and hammer that ideal of "OMG Wangblows is so awful" mentality I to your head and go back to using Homosex OS. The second d you fire up windows on a Mac, yes realize they did the bare fucking minimum when it comes to drivers and getting shit to work. Example, for a while they couldn't even get the sound drivers to work right, so if you put your volume too high, it would ruin your fucking speakers physically. Also the trackpad runs like shit
>>
>>59535889
only if you're not >a fucking white male
>>
>>59536381
I trust you and I'll personally reasearch on this.
>>
>>59536278
>shitting on macOS
>turning around and shilling Windows 10
>using the same sorry ass arguments from 2004
I'm laffin IRL senpai. I'm a former mac fag on win10 right now and its a pile of flaming garbage. At least macOS is the last honest-to-god desktop OS unlike winblows and their iPad envy.
>>
>>59536381
>Apple intentionally writes software that destroys the hardware you bought from them
Now here's something we haven't heard before

Honestly I have no idea how people can be OK with this. It was leaked they wrote code to slow down and slowly break older iPhone models in iOS updates. How can anyone ever buy a product from them again?
>>
>>59536590
>It was leaked they wrote code to slow down and slowly break older iPhone models in iOS updates
Source?
>>
>>59536271

wait wait wait, macOS has a sudo apt function.

windows has a sudo apt function lol.
>>
>>59536381
>2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz
>8GB memory
>Intel Iris Graphics 540
>Windows runs like shit

W-WHAT?
>>
File: 1473529157282.jpg (97KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1473529157282.jpg
97KB, 600x1067px
>>59535874
disconnect from apple
not rely on faggot made hardware
have a good looking desktop
a good kernel
be straight
I'm going to stop right there, being straight is pretty fucking important and becoming more and more rare now days
>>
>>59537874
I'm thinking about buying a laptop.
1) Price isn't an issue.
2) Should be the best

Rec. me the brand and tech spec if you can come up to make the most all round device.
>>
>>59538214
I hear Asus and Lenovo are pretty good brands.
Low end HPs are worse than chinkshit, but their high end ones seem to be good.
The Dell XPSes are pretty popular, but I don't know how reliable they are.
>>
>>59535874
>Customize your system
>Repair the machine yourself
And the most ridiculous
>Merge folders without losing files in 2020-3
>>
>>59536381
I got a legit windows build and a macbook. Those blown out speakers are only a bug the 2016 models have had and is fixed now. Also, bootcamp comes with software to make your macbook run in the best way it could possibly run on windows. It runs the same as it does on my desktop, youre actually a few steps ahead with bootcamp since it installs all of the drivers for you, i had to do that manually (on win7). On windows 10 i would say its exactly the same on both devices.
>>
>>59535874
Have lots of extra money from not over-spending on a laptop that's not any better than a $300 Walmart special?
>>
>>59536054
VM or on bare metal, just werks. Windows on Macbooknruns better on all windooze laptops. Kek.
>>
>I can do on other systems but can't on MacBookPro?
>Render 1080x1920
>>
>>59535928
>programmers love linux
Big suprise. No wonder Linux has like 30 text editors but no good alternative for Photoshop.
>>
suck dick
>>
>>59538214
>>59538355
yep, Lenovo
but really, if you plan to spend a lot, you shouldn't disappointed with any brand, unless its ones of those over the top gaming laptops.
>>
>>59535874
Program. Be the top in the relationship. Anything on the Internet without the government watching you. Think for yourself. Have your two thousand dollars extra you paid for an OS license back.

>>59535889
>can't get spied on by FBI
>on MacOS
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.