[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me why this board seems to have largely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 11

Can someone explain to me why this board seems to have largely taken an anti-firefox stance on this board? Also, why are some calling it SJWfox?

I'm currently on the chrome botnet and I'm considering switching.
>>
>>59535429
Bots and shills, there's literally no option other than a firefox derivative.
>>
Use vivaldi
>>
It's easy to troll /g/ with /pol/-tier stuff.
Make your decision on technical merits.
>>
Firefox is slow as shit and they are slowly eroding what little Firefox still has going for it (such as legacy extension support) in order to be more like Chrome.

There are explanations for the "SJWfox" shit, but they honestly aren't that interesting or relevant. Mostly it's just that it's a browser that can't keep up with the rest of the pack and falls further and further behind each year.
>>
use Pale Moon or Cyberfox

Vivaldi is ok...
>>
>>59535429
FireFox is slow, etc, but Google Chrome is continually updating and fine-tuning. There is absolutely no fucking competition. It's obvious to choose Google Chrome for many other technical reasons.
>>
Shills and idiots
>>
>>59535571
You better have Google Chrome installed.
>>
>>59535546
>>59535493
The limiting of their extension API is so they can rewrite the code and standardize APIs for security reasons. Whether firefox is slower than any other browser it's still the only option, you should probly just learn to reconfigure it.
>>
>>59535621
I could never configure FireFox to be like god-tier Google Chrome. FireFox is in the dust and resembles Midori. I gag at the site of it open on computer screens.
>>
>>59535651
>Resembles midori
>the chrome-like webkit browser
Firefox is perfectly fine if you know how to unbreak its default configs. If you failed to fix it (like 2 settings) then thats on you. I mean it's on mozilla too for making such a shitty config and hiring all the SJW webdevs to do serious work but it's still perfectly fine for now.
>>
Chrome
Pros
>fast
Cons
>botnet

Firefox
Pros
>Not botnet
>Extensions, extensions everywhere (for now)
Cons
>Slow
>Getting progressively worse due to SJW garbage behind the scenes
>>
>>59535697
You forgot one big Pro of firefox: anyone can fork it anytime and fix or break it at their leisure. Mozilla has no hold on anyone.
>>
I use Firefox on my gaymen desktop and surface book pro. It is ok.

That said, Firefox is terrible on android.
>>
>>59535717
Apologies, that is actually a big positive for firefox.
>>
>>59535697
even without the extensions firefox has about:config
>>
firefox is shit and the people who run it seem to be cucks, but it's what I know and everything else seems scary. Fuck change.
>>
>>59535765
Everything else should scare you with its lack of freedoms.
>>
>>59535697
This
>>
Chrome is faster and growing in marketshare
Firecucks is dying.
Safari is steadily holding their 90% MacOS/iOS marketshare.
New browsers are popping up everywhere trying to take all the marketshare firecucks is loosing.

Yeah, that's pretty much what's going on in the browser market currently.
>>
>>59535949
Chrome growing is harmful to humanity, Safari/IE users are basically unsavable. Firefox will get better but it's going to get worse first. Unrelated to SJWs.
>>
File: 1475985812679.webm (773KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1475985812679.webm
773KB, 1600x900px
>>59535429
It's SJWfox because the developers are pandering to SJW with their diversity crap instead of making a browser that just works. It requires a lot of tweaking to make it not shit. The only good thing about it are the addons and the extremely customizable user interface.
>>
Use ice cat, don't listen to the snowflakes in this thread, firefux is cucked and kill.
>>
Firefox used to be the browser for the power users who liked to tinker with their stuff and wanted featires for "advanced" workflows.
Now they're gradually removing all that in order to become more like Chrome in an attempt to take a part of its market share.
The result of that is obviously that the only selling point, or reason to use Firefox they had, os now being gradually removed.

Also, if you follow Mozilla and its work, you'll see that it's almost like they're deliberately trying to make as many stupid decisions as possible.

People suspect that all this is happening because Mozilla started to be seriously involved with social justice shit (and even kicked their very competent CEO out because in his private life he voted against a bill for gay marriage), and started valuing how things "feel" more than how things work, and as a consequence they started filling their company with diversity hires and SJWs instead of competent people.
>>
>>59536389
Are all firefox forks completely customizable because XUL?
>>
File: SunSpider_v1.jpg (36KB, 675x267px) Image search: [Google]
SunSpider_v1.jpg
36KB, 675x267px
>>59535493
Firefox shits all over the competition, cuck
>>
>>59535697
>botnet
How do you know? Examined the sources personally by yourself, didn't you?
>>
>>59536644
Kek, I love how graphs can make a millisecond difference look giantic.
I need to get into graphs myself.
>>
>>59536680
Well as much waste JS is run on every website it's probly a lot in practice. Not as bad as the bullshit requests, but plenty. FF's javascript has always BTFO'd V8 but their pants on head retarded disk writes counter all that performance.
>>
>>59536644
Nice scale faggot
>>
File: lqzdee9KL31qcyc4yo1_500.jpg (50KB, 499x426px) Image search: [Google]
lqzdee9KL31qcyc4yo1_500.jpg
50KB, 499x426px
>>59535468
This.
>>
Google shills trying to brainwash the last of us who have managed to resist using their botnet browser.
>>
>not using Chromium

are you cucks or are you men?
>>
Don't listen to them.

Here's a tip: if someone trying to give you advice ever uses the word SJW unironically, tell them to go fuck themselves. If they make it their life's mission to oppose social justice, then the legitimacy of every other opinion they hold is called into question.
>>
>>59536570
>because in his private life he voted against a bill for gay marriage
He donated a significant amount of money to a campaign against gay marriage
Slight difference
>>
>>59535429
Its just /g/'s usual autistic screeching about peoole using things different to theirs. In all seriousness, Firefox is fine and will do the job. Some people would rather want a bleeding edge nightly, or pale moon for unspecified reasons - but really its more to curb their superiority complex.
>>
>>59538243
It legit does need some configuration to be less shit though, also a lot of people complain it's slow generally and I wonder if that's something particular to the windows builds.
>>
>>59535429
>I'm currently on the chrome botnet and I'm considering switching.

So how about instead of making this thread you just switch? If firefox is so great after all you should have no issue :^)
>>
>>59535429
>why this board seems to have largely taken an anti-firefox stance

I'm under the impression it's largely a samefag actually
>>
I haved used firefox from the 1.0 version. But today i just say enough to his shit. After my pc become laggy and found firefox fucking plugin container eating up a shitload of memory and cpu usage. Enought is enought. Just switched to Viavldi.
>>
>>59538299
It is.

>>59538274
Nightly Firefox on windows runs as fast as chrome, chromium and Opera, so I chose nightly firefox for my windows drive. I really doubt stable release firefox would run much worse since it actually scored better on benchmarks the last time I checked. And yeah, I know this means nothing.
I haven't used anything other than firefox on Linux, but I never personally noticed any lagging or slow webpage loading.

>>59538274
This could be true since stable release doesn't enable multiprocessing by default, or at least it didn't the last time I used it. There's a text file explaining what should be changed in about:config and it only takes a minute or two to configure.

>>59538321
Vivaldi is just chrome with UI built in JavaScript. I seriously doubt it uses less RAM than firefox. And I doubt anything wouldn't lag on your 2GB RAM machine. I never managed to get firefox+plugin container over 1GB memory usage.
>>
>>59535429
Because Mozilla are destroying it. I've been using Firefox since 0.7, but this shit is a disaster now. Still runs decently on Linux, but Windows...
>>
>>59535429
I don't care about politics, my issues are with mozilla reducing the functionality of the browser by fucking up the UI and by making the extensions progressively less powerful.
And all that without seeing any significant performance improvement.

Being a firefox user in the recent years is a source of pain.
What's the point in dedicating time and effort to fix every new idiotic change after every major update?
I use mostly the ESR version to avoid the majority of the fuck ups but even that is temporary stopgap solution, since sooner or later support for it will be dropped.
>>
>>59535429
Because /pol/ shitposters and /v/ manchildren took over /g/
>>
File: firefucks btfo.jpg (222KB, 958x766px) Image search: [Google]
firefucks btfo.jpg
222KB, 958x766px
>>59535468
commie web browser or not, it's still shit.
>>
>>59538237
The point still stands.

Firing someone for donating a significant amount of money to an equivalent left-wing camapign would be equally unacceptable.

When you start getting rid of people for what they do in their personal life, even when it doesn't affect what they do at work, you're not only committing discrimination, but you're also fucking up your company because instead of restricting the pool of employees/candidates by their competence, you're restricting it by how they are as people, and as a result you'll have to choose between the remaining ones who might not be the best for the job.
>>
>>59535429
after a suposed to be scandal tha i think the ceo of firefox was caled a racist they fired all the good old programers from the company and hired fags lesbians and cross dresers to make the company seem more politialy corect they were probably chosen based on their sexual orientation and not actual skill
>>
>>59535429
Supporting Mozilla = Supporting discriminating radical leftist racist and fascist flavored beliefs and submitting to Mozilla's "Fuhrer" /role model Google's technological monoculturalism !!!

Mozilla refused to support Brendan Eich who is defending traditional believes (heterosexual marriage...) and they are supporting and defending radical leftist fascists interests only. And Mozilla's decision to change their user base from power towards Chrome users is nothing less than raping the Open Source ideology (they are a for profit-only construct and while they tell otherwise to the public, Mozilla hungers only for influence and market share), humiliating all advanced users and showing no respect for their legacy users and add-on or theme developers. Mozilla is a discriminating browser developer with a slight racist tendency against diversity which supports from now on a clearly mono-cultur-concept feature wise instead.

In times where fascists of no matter which political fraction or believe they belong to are getting traction again, even more it is important to keep your moral standards no matter what! That applies to radical left and right fascists and Mozilla which is a clear anti feature und customization racist team.

Any more questions?

(copy-pasted from http://sjd.myftp.org)
>>
File: 1482852652733.png (28KB, 240x234px) Image search: [Google]
1482852652733.png
28KB, 240x234px
Anyone tried spoofing their Browser ID to display as chrome to see in there's a network bias?
In this day and age I wouldn't be surprised if ISP's were the issue.
>>
>>59535429
Various comments by Mozilla's brass have been quite SJW, you can find examples easily if you search on the internet.

The anti-firefox stance of some people is also for feature and performance reasons, though. Firefox wasn't/isn't entirely as sleek as Chrome. [For example, if you enable session restore, it can write many gigabytes of data per day. Not exactly the best implementation imaginable.]

>>59538929
> Pretending "fuhrer", fascism etc. are anything but right-wing only
Pile of /pol/ shit. The Hitler (Fuhrer) / mussolini etc. (general fascist) shit stains were right wing and only right wing.

And one of the *many* horrible fascist views was to be vehemently opposed to homosexual marriage and relationships even to the point where you have the state crack down on them.
>>
>>59539126
This means absolutely nothing as rightwing and leftwing politics 80 years ago meant something totally different. Me being lectured about liberalism 20 years ago has nothing to do with your modern totalitarian liberal who supports police state and removal of privacy for the greater sake "of muh feeling of safety".
>>
>>59535429
I like Firefox, but they have a made a string of bad decisions over the past few years and it seems they will go down in flames insisting on making more bad decisions.

Of course every freedom-loving person should support Firefox. Otherwise you're playing to the hands of the Google botnet. We need alternatives to the diabolical (like Google, Micorosoft, and Apple).
>>
>>59539159
Modern conservatives heavily support police states, dumb /pol/tard.
>>
>>59539159
Who the Fuhrer was and what he did hasn't changed, and neither has who is / was fascist.

> that was 80 (and 40 and 20 etc.) years ago, but NOW it's all different and the others are just as bad
Nope. Your shit stain forever, and the idea that there would be very different results from applying your ideology now than they did in the past is a stretch considering how many times the extreme right failed.

> modern totalitarian liberal who supports police state
You got the guillotine happy terror time in the french revolution or Stalin's terror (more so than even Lenin's or Mao's) and surveillance apparatus if you want to complain about that.

And "for the sake of muh feeling of safety" is a general flaw related to people being easily influenced scared pussies that will prefer to put their very imaginary irrational fears at rest over not fucking others over completely... but that is not specific to fascists or communists or secularists. The greeks had it, roman republic and the roman empire had it, revolutionary france had it, the soviet union had it, and modern nations also have it to a fairly strong degree (muh immigrants are probably dangerous etc.).
>>
>>59535546
Funny how Google Chrome still hasn't managed to "update and fine-tune" the dumpster fire called tabs.

>>59536570
>Firefox used to be the browser for the power users
No, that was Opera before WebKiting its shit up.

>>59539126
>Pile of /pol/ shit. The Hitler (Fuhrer) / mussolini etc. (general fascist) shit stains were right wing and only right wing.
I guess Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and many other leftist dictators were not shit stains in your world. Totalitarianism is not right- or left-wing. Today's totalitarians in Western countries are most definitely on the left. It's the leftists who arrange protests to shout down any point of view not in line with their own. It's the leftists who've been violently assaulting others for having the "wrong opinions". You're probably part of those ranks considering you're happy to smear everyone opposed to homomarriage as some kind of cartoon evil.
>>
>>59539271
When I was still using Windows7, I used a lesser-known browser mostly because of a nifty little built-in proxy that was good enough for trolling lesser sites.

Now that I'm running a Linux distro, I use Firefox because it's the default, the browser I used for Windows isn't compatible, and I like all the add-ons.

Can I have all my add ons with PaleMoon?

I tried IceCat and had a hell of a time even getting that mess to work right.
>>
>>59539304
Hence the overused term "cuckservative", you ill-informed faggot.
>>
>>59539424
Whats wrong with the tabs?
>>
Theoretically there's nothing wrong with it, but it's slower and much less "just works" than Chrome is.

Also they have adapted a activist social justice stance which has bled over into the browser development. Also memes on the start page.
>>
>>59535697
If Firefox gets extensions as a pro, shouldn't Chrome get it too? What's the difference? Are you just padding out the Firefox list to make it one line longer than Chrome?
>>
>>59535729
Whoa whoa whoa

Firefox is literally the only good Android browser. That's the one thing they have over everyone, and it's not even Mozilla, it's because of ublock origin.
>>
>>59539505
Firefox extensions allow much more than what Chrome ones do.

This is going to be irrelevant in a few months though, since Mozilla decided to discard the old add-on system (which allowed to make deep changes to the browser) for the same one that Chrome uses.
>>
>>59536185
I hope noone consider this piece of trash interface as "comfy"
>>
>>59539505
Chrome's extensions can't even remotely touch the scope of what Firefox's extensions can do.
This is exactly why there is so much furor about Mozilla dropping their extension framework and implementing Chrome's.
>>
>>59539526
>Firefox extensions allow much more than what Chrome ones do.
Ah, okay then I understand.
>>
File: 130221984383.png (84KB, 299x288px) Image search: [Google]
130221984383.png
84KB, 299x288px
>>59539538
Are you being sarcastic?
>>
>>59539550
No, you managed to convince me.
>>
File: chrometabs.jpg (14KB, 958x76px) Image search: [Google]
chrometabs.jpg
14KB, 958x76px
>>59539468
>>
>>59535429
It's annoying that most of the recent changes on Firefox are about copying chrome, while abandoning all the liberty and the ability to customize the browser.
And they pushing changes on the engine that will make the extensions to lose even more of their power to change firefox.
They literally shat on their old power users, and the sad thing is they are miserably failing to get any new market share with that.

The social justice circlejerk just makes the whole thing look even more retarded.
Dedicating more resources on crazy activism than to improve their products, is a major reason why firefox is slowly dying.
>>
>>59536649
There is a program called wireshark that is used for monitoring connections.

Also google chromium (which is basically the opensource daily build version of chrome) has botnet in it's source code
>>
File: NSA Google Chrome.png (258KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
NSA Google Chrome.png
258KB, 1024x1024px
>>59535429
Shills and idiots is the answer

> Remove tab context menu items if usage does not outweigh costs
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=515930&q=component%3AUI%3EBrowser%3ETabStrip%20many%20tabs&colspec=ID%20Pri%20M%20Stars%20ReleaseBlock%20Component%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20OS%20Modified
> Ben agreed years ago that we could remove these. They are useful in occasional circumstances, but not enough to justify the menu space.
>>
>>59539424
>I guess Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and many other leftist dictators were not shit stains in your world
They are shit, and equally a cautionary tale.

But they're not the fuhrer or fascists. You get to keep these, separately.

> Today's totalitarians in Western countries are most definitely on the left.
Which totalitarians and why do we only think of western countries?

I mostly see various people like Erdogan, Putin, Lukashenko.

Almost all are predominantly right-wing (lots of rhetoric around tradition/religion, lots of dubious personal and national security scares, general militant and militaristic nationalism and supremacy talk and so on).
>>
Chrome, as we all know, is a botnet.

Firefox has gotten progressively (pun intended) worse and is developed by SJW faggots.

There are the niche options, like Vivaldi and Pale Moon. Pale Moon has the classic FF interface but I've had issues with site compatibility. Vivaldi is nice, but closed source.
>>
Since Eich got fired Mozilla has a horrible track record.
Almost every single major update of Firefox has been a change for the worse.
>>
>>59540788
e10s option was a minor improvement, its got a lot of worse to get before it gets better though.
>>
File: tumblr_ohvotmhqNh1vbwf2ko1_1280.png (111KB, 1280x549px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohvotmhqNh1vbwf2ko1_1280.png
111KB, 1280x549px
>>59538929
Yet I would take Mozilla over a company like Google that only cares about money and power. Mozilla at the very least has some kind of moral, Google would rape you if it meant more money for them.
>>
File: tumblr_no1y3ews0o1t0b9hco1_1280.png (300KB, 1280x1761px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no1y3ews0o1t0b9hco1_1280.png
300KB, 1280x1761px
>>59535546
chrome is as slow compared to edge as firefox is compared to chrome
>>
>>59540913
>tumblr
>edge
>>
>>59539304
Everyone seems to love police states these days as long as it gets rid of their personal choice of boogeyman.
>>
>>59540913
I aggre with this, edge is the snapiest browser
>>
I don't know if it's because I've had Firefox for years and it's shitting itself or what, but it just lags and white screens on me once a day at least. If I want to upload a pic here (or any site that lets you choose a file) and I right click on it the program freezes for a solid 30 seconds. Super annoying. Tried reinstalling and deleting old settings and it still does it. Can't figure out why. So now I have Chrome for better or worse
>>
>>59540982
as long as you're careful it won't cut
>>
>>59535439
fpbp
>>
>>59535439
This.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.