[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get my foot into an IT call center so I can advance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 123213213.jpg (13KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
123213213.jpg
13KB, 276x183px
I want to get my foot into an IT call center so I can advance my career but everyone wants some sort of experience with building a computer, networking, or 1+ years call center experience in general. If you've gotten into a an IT call center job, what do you ACTUALLY do? I'd imagine it being quite basic.
>>
>>59521926
First. Lie.
Second. Lie.
>>
>>59521936
I did(in my cover stating my experience with technology and whatnot) but nobody is calling me back. My resume reflects my work experience strictly in security.
>>
>I want to get my foot into an IT call center so I can advance my career
>so I can advance my career
ur doinitwrong
>>
>>59521994

Yep.

Best bet would be to enroll in a community college take relevant classes, and try to get a campus tech related job.
>>
>>59521994
In my opinion and from the research I've been doing, they recommend a call center for entry level which is where I'm currently at. Just need a job to get back int college as well as get my CCNA.
>>
>>59522006
This is merely a short term deal(a year or two). I really need to work and the only jobs paying near these IT call canter wages($16/hr) are warehouse jobs which is usually a hit or miss on th wage.
>>
>>59522035
>IT call center wages($16/hr)
Where the fuck do you live? N. California here making 12$/hr for that shit
>>
>>59522153
Midwest but the qualifications are not necessarily entry level hence my questions to those with experience as to what they actually do. I mean, they did state OR 1+ year call center experience which leads me to believe that it's basic stuff with a script.
>>
>>59522183
First off those are totally entry level qualifications. Second qualifications are more like a jobs wish list. They'll take you without it but someone else who has it will get the job first.

It's all about opporunity just keep applying for jobs and you'll get a callback eventually. Maybe spruce up your resume.
>>
>>59522257
I've applied to a handful that states the same qualifications as listed although I feel if you don't know someone in there, they won't call you back. I mean I was a supervisor with a successful record with leading a team if they call my former employer but like stated, no luck. I know it's more like a wish list but they're just not biting. I think I'll try geek squad but I really don't want to.
>>
>>59522291
you actually need some certs if you want to work for geeksquad, no joke.
>>
>>59522304
Fuck. I guess I'll stick with a shitty warehouse job for now while studying for my CCENT.
>>
>>59522291
No one gives a fuck about you being a supervisor at some entry level job.
Just keep studying for your CCENT and keep applying for jobs.
>>
>>59522486
Supervised adults with more qualification than me but kys.
>>
File: India-call-center.jpg (21KB, 316x237px) Image search: [Google]
India-call-center.jpg
21KB, 316x237px
>>59521926
Pajeet pls go and stay go
>>
File: 1489186926130.jpg (47KB, 564x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489186926130.jpg
47KB, 564x400px
>The entire fucking country of India manages to get itself into IT support
>The only single exception to this turns out to be a shitposting pajeet on fucking /g/ of all places
You didn't even manage to get into the OS or Processors shill squad?? you're the single most incompetent street shitter i've ever read
>>
>>59522495
That's why no body cares. That attitude. I hate to say it but that experience means fuck all when you're changing careers.
>>
File: 1489342780027.jpg (83KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489342780027.jpg
83KB, 1080x1080px
Look into A+ Certification / Net +

Those are entry level certs
>>
IT support call centers are seriously awful. You help people with locked accounts/passwords all fucking day. It's on the same shit tier as customer support. You learn nothing from it but how to deal with retards.

Avoid call centers at all costs, they will NOT progress your career in any meaningful way.

What you want is a job doing internal IT support at a company. You'll start out doing the same shit you would in a call center, but there's room to grow and learn.
>>
Call center work sucks but it's a job. Just don't end up there forever.
>>
>>59522801

This

I wasted two years in a call center environment. I luckily managed to get myself in a desktop support role. It's much better, and yes I'm actually exposed fo real IT and can actually advance where I'm at now. Plus in a call center environment management will tell you it's possible to advance. DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE LYING TO YOU.
>>
>>59522319
> CCENT

Go for the whole CCNA - that's like what, 2-3 months of study and practice? And don't go for a call center job, what the fuck.
>>
File: man-who-sold-the-world.jpg (7KB, 285x200px) Image search: [Google]
man-who-sold-the-world.jpg
7KB, 285x200px
>>59524015
good schools for CCNA training?
>>
>>59524022
What the fuck?

Get odom's ccna book. Get packet tracer (simpler than gns3 for this level). Read book, do practice problems, practice on packet tracer, take exam. You can also google and find a test simulator that will introduce you to the how the real exam looks like. You can literally do this in your basement at no cost, only a bit of free time in the evenings.
>>
>>59522319
>>59524015

If you're going for the entry level Cisco certs you might as well push for your CCNP.
>>
>>59521994
I came here to write the same post.
>>
>>59524089
What's the difference between a CCNA and a CCNP?

I got a CCNA like 5 years ago, let it expire cause I got a job in dev, but I liked learning about networks and stuff.
>>
>>59524175

I've yet to dive completely into it but from what I've figured I believe it covers some heavy advanced routing aspects that go on a WAN scale. Stuff like Route Redistribution in WANs, usual Access List tinkering but far more depth. Some good load balancing strategies I'd think. It's pretty intensive and the cert is quite powerful.
>>
>>59524303
Sounds pretty cool. I'll keep that in mind if I get tired of being a developer. I've always had a thing for networks, might looking into being a network engineer.
>>
>>59522183
Where on the Midwest? Im dead center in the US, work for a small local MSP. Only making 17/hr right now but great experience. Look for something similar dont start at a call center or youre have to climb for longer. Do you even have any tech interest or experience or u just looking for an easy field to get into?
>>
File: pikachu_laughing_6363.gif (15KB, 198x198px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu_laughing_6363.gif
15KB, 198x198px
>>59521926
>thinks working in a call center will advance his career.
Got some bad news for you
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.