[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Libretorrent 1.3 for Android is out! Free yourself from the Flud

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.png (39KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
39KB, 300x300px
>2017
>using Flud
>using uBotnet

Why haven't you switched to the only open source Bittorrent client for Android, /g/?

Don't you value your freedoms?

* Bugfixing
* Added:
- External storage support
- Launcher shortcuts (for Android 7.1)
- Allow move app to adoptable storage
* Added new translations:
- Brazilian Portuguese
- French
- Greek

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.proninyaroslav.libretorrent&hl=en

https://github.com/proninyaroslav/libretorrent
>>
>>59519344
Flud isn't open source?
>>
>>59519400
no
>>
>>59519344
>torrenting on your phone
>>
>>59519435
>not seeing the point of torrenting directly to a device

take your autism meds, child.
>>
>>59519409
Thanks. Didn't know this. Assumed it was.
>>
What's a use case for bittorrent on android? Do you download stuff to your phone and then transfer it to your computer later? Why not skip the middle step?
>>
>>59519446
torrenting to your phone is stupid as shit. get over it.
>>
>>59519473
Are you retarded? You torrent to the device you want to consume content on. Whatever I want to see on my phone (like when I am on a train ride or plane trip) I torrent on my phone.

The point of having a torrent client for phones and tablets is to not have to torrent on PC and then transfer to phone.
>>
>>59519504
It's not stupid at all. Lots of people torrent to their phone or tablet. It makes perfect sense.
>>
>>59519519
do whatever you want, it's still retarded..
>>
>>59519504
Explain. Why is it stupid?
>>
>>59519540
you're retarded. and you probably don't have a smartphone, either.
>>
I get 7gb bandwidth on my phone. I'm not wasting it on torrents when i can ssh to my server and use that instead.
>>
>>59519566
You know your phone uses wifi too, right?

You know you might need to torrent something on your data plan someday, right?
>>
>>59519561
lol shut up green bubble
>>59519542
Slower, difficult to organize. Why wouldn't you just use transdroid and manage your downloads on your server. Stream everything you need or copy it after it's properly renamed without having to negotiate multiple peers from a mobile device. It makes ZERO sense.
>>
>>59519659
Because some things you want locally on a phone you dumb nigger. I like to torrent to my 128GB sd card.
>>
>>59519731
stay mad :^)
>>
>>59519659
>just use transdroid and manage your downloads on your server.

not everybody wants to stream from a server.
>>
>>59519344
>doesn't reliably open magnet links (especially the ones from audiobookbay)
>constantly crashes
>Downloaded torrents seem to appear and dissapear
>non-deterministically stops downloading my torrents without any consent
>non-deterministically starts seeding my stopped torrents without consent
>Doesn't always automatically launch on boot
I fucking hate libretorrent right now, but I keep using it just in case it gets better
>>
what do you guys even torrent to your phones?
I don't really watch anime and I get all my music from deezloader, so I don't really see the point of a torrent client on your phone.
>>
>>59521377
I do it for audiobooks
>>
>>59521370
It's only had 2 versions out. Give it time.

I haven't seen any of your issues, though.

Try reporting the bugs on their issue tracker instead of crying to us so you can actually be helpful.
>>
>>59519344
Because I dont torrent on my phone. Why would I?
>>
>>59521394
I'll be trying the new version and if any of the issues persist ill probably report them
>>
>>59521377
>what do you guys even torrent to your phones?

Music albums, epub books, yify-tier encodes from rarbg

lots of stuff makes sense on a phone or tablet.
>>
>>59521408
If you had reported them before, you'd get them fixed sooner.
>>
>>59521436
It would mean creating a github account, which I have been avoiding
>>
>>59521441
Just use a spam email and meaningless username. That's what I did.
>>
>>59521407
Then this thread isn't for you, dumbass.
>>
torrenting on your phone is comfy as fuck. when im out somewhere with wifi ill queue up my torrents there. when they finish i'll have my tv shows or whatever to watch while im at the gym on the bikes. torrenting on your phone is useful for people that don't sit inside their mothers basement 24 7
>>
>>59522408
Exactly what I do whenever i'm at walmart
>>
>>59522452
>whenever i'm at walmart

lol
>>
For me, libretorrent eventually stops torrents that are running in the background (even with it excluded from Marshmallow's Doze feature). Flud doesn't have this issue.
>>
>>59519344
I'm currently using flud because the last 2 releases of Libretorrent were constantly crashing. A client should be stable.
>>
>Why haven't you switched to the only open source Bittorrent client for Android

but i have, been using it since it got out
>>
why would you torrent on your phone instead of the desktop?
>>
>>59524576
>Limited bandwidth at home
>Oppressive country (example, Germany) which would charge you for piracy
>on the go torrenting of files which you'd place on your phone anyway
>torrenting a linux distro which you can boot your PC into from android
Some people just need or want this.
>>
>>59524661
that makes sense. thank you, fellow anon
>>
>Try out Libretorrent
>Throws a fit when trying to download to sd card
>Go back to flud

Unless I can do that, libretorrent is useless to me

Also, everyone in this thread complaining about torrenting on phones is wildly autistic

>But I don't use my phone for ______, so that means nobody should.
>>
>>59524576
Because you want to torrent directly to the device you are watching/listening to the thing you are downloading on.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.