[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In this ITT post memes that you are happy you didn't fall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

In this ITT post memes that you are happy you didn't fall for, because they are now dead. I'll start:

> 3D tv/screens
> VR
> AR
> tablets (including convertibles and other low power ultraslim trash)
> smartwatch
> ultrawide screens
> curved screens
> highDPI (where unnecessary, like on TV or desktop/laptop monitor)
> motion based controls
> motion sensing input systems (kinect-like NSA apparatus)
> voice control
> virtual assistant
> touchscreen on anything but phone
> IOT / smart home appliances
> Cloud
> wireless anything but internet (wireless headphones = trash; WLAN = okay for laptop and phone)
> effay technology that sacrifices usability/versatility

^^ in no particular order, they were all equally trash. Good riddance.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>>59518472
>tfw fell for the Blackberry Playbook with promised Android app compatibility
>>
File: robotfw.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
robotfw.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
>>59518472
I'm not gonna lie. This is the 1st (FIRST) time I have ever met every condition from OPs list. Fuck me.
>>
>>59518472
feels good to have none of these things.
>>
File: ThinkPad masterrace.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
ThinkPad masterrace.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>59518472
Femanon, do you own a ThinkPad?
>>
>>59518472
I own a 3D/HFR display, a high resolution display, and I unironically like Surface and Rift.
>>
>>59518472

What about retard apple Airbar?

How can applefags delude themselves into thinking that shit isn't just a gimmick?
>>
>>59518472

nice list, op.
>>
>>59518472

My wireless headphones are pretty good tho. Rest I agree with
>>
>>59518472
Fell for the wireless headphone meme (LG HBS 750) only because they where cheap and good for work
>>
File: cool products for cool people.jpg (426KB, 1245x1164px) Image search: [Google]
cool products for cool people.jpg
426KB, 1245x1164px
>>59518472

is the meme that you're poor and all of these things are still popular?
>>
daily reminder that wireless keyboards and headphones can be intercepted and read remotely by nearby devices designed for it
>>
File: 9ihbQol.webm (70KB, 214x200px) Image search: [Google]
9ihbQol.webm
70KB, 214x200px
>>59518472
>smartwatch

I quite like my lg urban, don't think i'll ever go back to mechanic now. Saying that, I don't think they will really progress past what they are now, so in that sense you could argue they are dead.
>>
>>59518759
No
>>
>>59518885
Thing that keeps me away from smart watches is that they don't last like anything else with a lithium battery
>>
consumer fag OP
>>
>>59518905
Shame. You were almost one of us.
>>
File: 1423100875102.png (187KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
1423100875102.png
187KB, 600x339px
>>59518911
I thought that was going to be my main gripe but my watch lasts just as long as my phone and I've not had that gone dead in about 6 months.

Just get into a habbit of taking it off and putting it on its cradel before bed. charges gaster than my phone too
>>
>>59519031
Its more that after a few years of good use the battery will just run out of charge cycles and your almost left with a paper weight as it will be a pain in the ass to find a decent replacement if you find one

Atleast with a regular watch if you spend $200-$300 dollars you can get a watch that will last you for decades with replaceable batteries

Just doesn't seem worth it to me to spend the money on a watch that granted allows you to read texts and maps and control music only for it to be useless less than 5 years down the line
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.