[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wonder if it's even worth switching from Ubuntu.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1489348796745.jpg (282KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489348796745.jpg
282KB, 1000x1000px
I wonder if it's even worth switching from Ubuntu. It's great.
>>
>>59516487
Then use Debian
>*buntu without the spyware
>>
>>59516609
There was no spyware to begin with you idiot.
>>
this is a lie. install gentoo
>>
File: nonbotnet.png (121KB, 950x558px) Image search: [Google]
nonbotnet.png
121KB, 950x558px
>>59516635

'Spyware' disabled in 16.04 as well.

Unless I'm missing something?
>>
>>59516487
It's worth if you need it. I'm using Gentoo right now because of how I patch an awful lot of shit and using something else would just get in the way
>>
>>59516735

I'm starting to think that the people who disapprove of *buntu are the mid-range Linuxers. The 'advanced' ones don't see a problem with it for what it is. My brother, a Slackware user for years, thought it was cool that I was using it.
>>
Im quite pleased with mint desu, use it at work all the time for basic stuff and it has been chugging along just fine.
>>
File: GNUTHANKS.png (360KB, 813x688px) Image search: [Google]
GNUTHANKS.png
360KB, 813x688px
>>59516635
It had Amazon spyware of some sort but it was disabled.

>>59516688
Correct
>>
>>59516487
I personally prefer Debian, but if it works for you - then it works for you
>>
>>59516980
It had a customizable dash search function that included results from Amazon, completely documented and open-source. If it was spyware, then how is any app that connects to the internet?
>>
>>59516487
Yes it is. But it's flavours are inferior to their non-buntu counterparts such as Lite/LXLE/KDE Neon.
>>
>>59516487
that picture couldn't be any more true
>>
>>59517009
If I remember rightly, the issue was more the fact that you couldn't turn if off, and not everyone wanted results for trashy romance novels every time they typed 'man'
>>
>>59516688
>>59516635

why would you ever trust ubuntu again after trying to pull that shit when their product isn't any better than debian or fedora
>>
>>59516980
GNU/THANKS
>>
>>59517062
You could actually uninstall it before they jiggled things around because idiots wanted a switch.
>>
>>59516780
To confirm your thesis, my journey was:

SuSE (that was the name then)
Slackware
Arch (when it still had version numbers)
Ubuntu (5 years and loved Unity)
Gentoo
>>
>>59517062
>couldn't turn if off
bullshit
>not everyone wanted results for trashy romance novels every time they typed 'man'
Why the hell would you type 'man' in the dash?
>>
4 months since i switched to arch, everything works like a charm.

only reason i won't switch to gentoo is because my laptop is a fucking potato, i would kill myself waiting to compile everything
>>
>>59517139
0.02 cents have been deposited into your amazon prime account
>>
>>59516487
I settled on openSUSE Tumbleweed because it has new packages, good automated QA, OBS, and possibly the best graphical installer I've ever seen.
>>
>>59517139
To get a fucking manual for a command line utility you dunce
>>
>>59517178
>>>59517139
>0.02 cents
He's rich
>>
>>59517204
Which you'd type in a terminal, not the fucking dash
>>
What if I just installed Mint from the get go and never gave a shit what you fucking loser neets think lol?
>>
My journey of autism:
- Arch
- Debian
- Gentoo
- Slackware

Noobuntu what? It just Debian derivatives.
>>
this is me except

ubuntu
mint
crunch bang
debian
xubuntu
lubuntu
kubuntu
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.