[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JOB thread How many of you are not satisfied with the current

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 871c3cea692b45c89fa0d93f717154fa.jpg (229KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
871c3cea692b45c89fa0d93f717154fa.jpg
229KB, 1600x1200px
JOB thread
How many of you are not satisfied with the current job?
What are you doing about that?

>inb4
>Know that job is another form of slavery
>Don't fall into corporate trap
>But my indie video game is going nowhere.
>>
>>59512404
Im not satisfied. Want more challenge and more pay.

Currently becoming the best there ever was like no other by working hard in my spare time.
>>
>>59512457
This famala,

5 or less, years from now ill be applying for sr react dev b be making 200k or whtebwr big tech comes about
>>
>>59512457
>Using your knowledge and skills for the profit of company who don't give penny worth of shit for you.
>Goyim
>>
>>59512475
where do you live? I need to move to a tech hub
>>
>>59512571
Dear lebbid,

Youre using meme arrows incorrectly.

Also don't worry about what the fuck I do, OP specifically said no NEET losers questioning the philosophical reasoning for not being a loser.
>>
>>59512404
I'm a BMW service technician.

I like it, but I'm not satisfied with not being a millionaire because I'm constantly inundated with media and social pressures that corrupt my sense of success.
>>
>>59512404
I would say I m bit overqualified but people here are good so don't really care if I get less money.
Why earn more to pay more if you love your current job?
>>
>>59512617
What did you mean by this
>I like it, but I'm not satisfied with not being a millionaire because I'm constantly inundated with media and social pressures that corrupt my sense of success.
>>
Someone here working remote for overseas companies? Or freelancing on platforms like the x team, toptal?

I'm aiming to join toptal, is it worth it? I'm kinda land locked here in the region of my country in terms of job prospects, but the internet is pretty good. I can't leave for the next two years.
>>
>>59512574
Nyc, its extremely cheap housing if u buy a house in nj n commute by train
>>
>>59512404
I was home educated and have no qualifications at all, so no real company wants to touch me. Instead I'm doing freelance slave labour webdev.
>What are you doing about that?
I could either hope I'm somehow among the 1 in 1000 who get into a good job without the relevant education, or I could go and get a degree.
>>
>>59512571
>>>59512457
>>Using your knowledge and skills for the profit of company who don't give penny worth of shit for you.
>>Goyim

This thread is about employment. That means they pay you more than a penny. Hopefully you'll understand when you get a job someday.
>>
>>59513018
No it just means you have to start entry-level. If you're good and the company is decent you'll rise quickly and in a couple years you wont have to worry about that shit anymore.
>>
I am a Freelance Linux Sysadmin. I limit myself to 20 hours a week, and I do have more than enough referrals/leads to work full time if I wanted to. I've made 6 figures in a year before, and the stress was not worth it. Do not get into debt and your money can go a long way.

I definitely am thinking about hiring one or two people under me and taking on more clients. Then again, that is transitioning from the freelance/self-employed lifestyle to a more stressful business owner type role. Will probably spend 6 months planning it out, see if it's even worth it.

I get asked this every thread I talk about this... How do I get clients? Years, years, and years of crappy freelancers-for-hire type of websites, wanted sections in forums, craigslist, and networking at IT conferences. It is really a grind, and there was times where I was in-between clients living on a friend's couch. Now I have enough of a cushion that's not a concern anymore. My business card is passed around startups in the Bay Area and Seattle like candy, and I just cannot stop getting referrals. Voicemail and inbox is slammed, especially in the beginning of the week.
>>
>>59513471
Freelancing is a pain.
I myself cannot bear that.
Don't know about hard workers but I am lazy fat ass.
>>
>>59512404

I've been there for about 10 days developing different modules in php for different platforms. It's tiresome and I don't enjoy it all. The pay is average for my shithole country ($400).

It's my first job. Any advice?
>>
>>59513778
Damn.
If you are below 24-25 you can start working on your programming skills and apply for better job.
Look for what is popular in your country's IT sector.
Once you have gathered enough skills to solo develop "apps", "website", "webapplications"
try selling on of them you created.
>>
I am a NEET :^)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.