[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ Thread for questions that shouldn't have their own

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 39

File: anon touches his screen.png (302KB, 463x443px) Image search: [Google]
anon touches his screen.png
302KB, 463x443px
/sqt/
Thread for questions that shouldn't have their own thread
prev >>59500634
>>
Thoughts on ryzen 5? will it be the go to processor s for gaming(cost vs performance wise) ?
>>
>>59511099
No
>>
How do I defrag my SSD?
>>
>>59511150
Don't do that
>>
>>59511150
https://www.piriform.com/defraggler
>>
>>59511155
why?
>>
>>59511158
okay thanks
>>
>>59511163
It's pointless on a SSD. Read times are not affected by files physical location on the drive.
>>
File: 1413270646700.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1413270646700.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>59511072
If I install Linux on a flash drive, to keep some files in that flash drive with Linux, would the files still be accessible from windows or would I have to boot into Linux every time I wanted to use the files?
>>
>>59511163
SSDs aren't affected by fragmentation very much and defragging causes a lot of unnecessary wear on the drive.
>>
>>59511178
yes
>>
>>59511163
oh shit he said ssd not hdd. yeah listen to this guy >>59511177

he is right
>>
>>59511178
If the flash drive is ext you'd need to mount it properly
If the files and shit are on a second partition that's still fat it'll be fine
>>
Why is HDMI so popular? Is it just because HDMI also does audio? You can't even do high FPS shit with it as you can do with Dual link DVI.
>>
Tomorrow is my brother's birthday and he has a linux pc. Is Windows 10 a good gift for him?
>>
>>59511224
Not really, most people who are using Linux are doing so because they prefer it, not to save money or something.
>>
>>59511211
It's easy, it's cheap, its standardized.

It just werks.

Higher fps higher resolution displays aren't common enough for most companies to switch their products over.
>>
Do they make VR headsets for dogs?
>>
I have a Galaxy S6 that's stuck on the Verizon loading screen. Can't force shutdown, and I can't access the battery either. Am I fucked until it powers down? Tried removing the SIM card and that did nothing. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have a non-removable battery and no force shutdown?
>>
>>59511281
yes
>>
>>59511285
keep trying to force it to shut down otherwise u wait till power down
>>
>>59511224
ye
>>59511211
It's better than what came before it. We don't adapt a new cable type every five minutes because some video game enthusiasts might want them.
>>59511178
Just use a FAT format on the flash drive and you will be fine, this is the default setting on all usb installers I think.
>>
>>59511285
>>59511299
guess it does have a force shutdown, you just have to hold the power button for way longer than a computer so I was getting frustrated.
>>
>>59511285
It's not a problem goyim, it's a feature.
>>
The Android hosts file blocks anything afterall?
>>
>>59511308
But DVI did came before it and it was better.
>>
>>59511439
DVI doesn't carry audio
>>
File: m1.jpg (2MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
m1.jpg
2MB, 2550x3300px
Running Fedora25 x64
Freezes when browsing randomly.
Troubleshooted and boiled it down to either
>PSU failing
>fedora is shit
>obscure setting/configuration that I can't find
So I want to change distrubutions - as I never had this problem on win7.

Is gentoo that bad? I want something that just werks so I can go back to working
>>
>>59511072
There is a problem with a vpn on my iphone. It says it doesn't operate in my country but it works perfectly on my ipad and ipod. Should I just wipe it off and set it up again? Is there another solution? And also, how do I backup ONLY my photos to my computer, not anything else from my iphone? Through itunes preferably because you can't delete photos from your iphone if you are importing them from an independant source.
>>
>>59511520
>39
>young adult
lel
>>
Is there a text editor for Linux similar to Notepad++?
>>
why does pcbg have a hard on for ssd's? i feel like its an extra luxary rather than something that is needed
>>
>>59511211
It's the commercial standard
>>
>>59511386
what
>>
>>59511893
notepadqq
>>
What's the /g/-approved PDF reader? I'm sure it's not Adobe.
>>
>>59512138
firefox
>>
>>59512077
Thanks mein nigga
>>
File: logo.8e4d6e7ae7de.png (69KB, 261x287px) Image search: [Google]
logo.8e4d6e7ae7de.png
69KB, 261x287px
Any alternatives to this piece of shit?
>>
>>59512027
It's a thread for enthusiasts and SSDs are cool. It's definitely not needed for your average PC, but then again neither is a dedicated GPU or a current generator processor.

I use a laptop for everything and hook it up to a display at work. It runs all the videogames I want too, at sometimes reduced quality. Really, everything these people are spending their money on is optional slightly experience enhancing shit.
>>
>>59512394
Yes. It's called "Mozilla Firefox".
>>
>>59512394
Microsoft Outlook :^)
>>
>>59512426
Are you dense?
>>
>>59512138
While not /g/ approved, I use okular.
It has a lot of features, it has settings so you can select if it should be fast by using a small amount of memory or fast by using a lot.
It also works with forms and annotations and all that jazz people usually rely on adobe for.
>>
>>59512394
Outlook :^)
>>
>>59512027
If you consider the amount of time saved just by switching to an SSD, and it's impact on the user experience, it's basically the single biggest advancement in the last 10 years. Yes, outside of certain productivity software that doesn't have much affect on what you can actually DO, but it has a huge impact on how quickly you can actually do it.
>>
>>59512416
An ssd on a operating system drive has noticeable gains
>>
>>59512781
Yes it does. You can easily do all your computing without one though.
>>
>>59512813
You can easily do all your computing on a 500 mhz pentium with a dial up card and a floppy disk as the only data input option.
>>
trying to use kon boot on this laptop and it's not working
it says "dummy bios detected, trying to fix SMAP entries and then it just sits there forever
tried the old version too, same thing
help
>>
>>59512833
lmao were comparing hdd to ssds . Its really not that bad. i think people have been spoiled by ssd. Besides if you have the money for an ssd its a good deal but for others sticking to hdd is still a good option. No need to force people to buy something they may not be able to afford
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
My mom bought the "Lenovo Miix 310", a touchscreen-notebook hybrid with
Windows 10.

Does anybody know if it comes with hand recognition software and if no, which one is good?
Maybe for word and maybe for entering stuff on the web.
I googled and found Lenovo has a program called WriteIt but I don't want to download anything for my mom that's not needed. If the thing has a million buttons, she'll go crazy and hate it. I want to give her the most gentle introduction to this world as possible, hence the handwriting need.

Also, but this is secondary, is there anything else to draw than Paint that's recommened. For drawing flowcharts etc.
>>
>>59512858
$75-100 is so minimal in the overall budget of a system.

There is no reason to not have a sata ssd right now. Now m.2's those are really not needed on a daily basis and has limited performance gains under certain situation
>>
>>59512860
>giving the botnet thousands of examples of your handwriting allowing it to build a an algorithm for reproducing it

i bet you trust fringerprint sensors too
>>
Is there a good krita tutorial anywhere?
>>
>>59512928
>fringerprint sensors
Please explain how this is botnet, please, let be grab a nice scotch and listen to this.
Please
>>
>>59512928
Okay, can you guys help me anyway?
>>
so i wanna move any screencaps i take into a seperate folder but my .zshrc refuses to cooperate
alias scrot=scrot  'mv $f ~/screen/'

pls no bully
>>
>>59512881
>$75-100 is so minimal in the overall budget of a system.
That can be true for people like you and me but there are many people out there who dont have the luxary to spend a extra on an ssd. One can argue that they shouldnt be spending money on a high end pc if they cant afford the extra $75-$100 but in the end it is their money and they can spend it on however they wish as long as it makes them happy in the end
>>
>>59513045
>them happy in the end
Which an ssd will do :^)
>>
>>59513029
just create a little script and put it in your ~/bin folder

if ! [ -z $1 ]; then
scrot $1 && \
mv $1 ~/screen/$1;
fi;

then put your alias in your .bashrc,

alias scrot=~/bin/myscrot.sh
>>
>>59513050
for (you)
>>
>>59513045
Yes, people can make any decision they want about their rig. We're not passing a law saying it's illegal to have $1000 worth of tech without one. It's just a really good idea that most people would consider a priority if they could do a side by side comparison
>>
How do I open webpage from terminal in the background (= keeping focus on the terminal)
both
xdg-open http://google.com

and
xdg-open http://google.com &

switch focus to browser
>>
>>59512459
actually terrible software
>>
>>59513163
What you type in the terminal isn't directly related to how X responds. Look for a way to disable focus stealing, and perhaps so conditionally if you only want it in this case
>>
File: Untitled.png (4KB, 203x199px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4KB, 203x199px
Anyone elses firefox suddenly using this weird format for time/dates?
I don't think I changed anything.
System time is still as it used to be, it's just firefox.
>>
File: ulu.jpg (273KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
ulu.jpg
273KB, 960x720px
What's the best/cheapest thermal paste for a GPU? Haven't bought any in a while, current radeon card needs it though, running at 80c ten minutes into a game.
>>
Can I run a 1050ti on a 250w 80+ Gold PSU?
>>
does ios have anything like the android launchers that let you customize the home and app screen?
>>
>>59514522
HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>59514530
does ios have anything like the android launchers that let you customize the home and app screen?
>>
>>59514538
HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>59514538
No. You're stuck with springboard.
>>
>>59513954
Just get arctic silver. If you don't have amazon prime wait until you need to buy an ethernet cord or something to bundle the shipping.
>>
>>59513954
ceramic paste is wayyyyyyyyyyy cheaper than your typical arctic silver paste and it's only marginally less effective
>>
>>59511072
I need help. I have an older laptop that I would like to put Ubuntu onto it but it does not support booting of a flash drive. And the laptop CD drive is not functional. Ive tried to boot the installer up on two different computers and install it to the hard drive for the laptop using a usb to sata cable. But I cant even get the installer to run on either of them. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can install Ubuntu to this hard drive and then move it to the laptop?
>>
File: Apolo2.gif (94KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
Apolo2.gif
94KB, 500x275px
>>59511072
My old hard drive is making clicky noises so I bought a new one. I still haven't turned my PC on yet, but what I want to do is copy everything from my old drive to the new one. It should still be possible? And is there some program that would let me do that since the old drive is gonna be thrown away?
>>
>>59514682
use norton ghost or acronis to make a clone of whatever is salvageable
depending on how big the drive is and how far gone it is it could take days
>>
>>59512065
https://www.howtogeek.com/140576/how-to-edit-the-hosts-file-on-android-and-block-web-sites/
>>
>>59512854
please respond
>>
>>59512394
Linus Tovalds uses webmail. Why wouldn't you?
>>
>>59514553
i don't have ios. how come they don't have it, and android does? even with jailbreak there's nothing?
>>
What's the best way of adding very basic graphics to a Java Swing GUI?
By basic I mean I want to display one of three different character sprites, a simple background and either a monster sprite or a chest sprite. No actual animation.

Just a basic dynamic viewport for a board game-type simulation.
>>
>>59514744
what about clonezilla?
>>
>>59514825
never used it, can't tell you if it works well or not
why does it have to be clonezilla anyways why can't you just use these ones that I'm telling you I know work well from like hundreds of uses
>>
I'm majoring in computer science but so is the rest of my class. I'm 2 years in. How fucked am I?
>>
Can one use an old dial-up PCI modem and old analog phone and convert the phone to an audio input+output?

Would be pretty cool being able to use the old phone on pc to answer calls from various programs.
>>
File: pretty_gril.jpg (93KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pretty_gril.jpg
93KB, 1080x1080px
Is ther like a tablet/laptop hybrid that's worth it? I know this is a really stupid question, just get a laptop etc etc. But I really like tablets. I just want one that either has a built in keyboard or keyboard accessory and that maybe also runs a real os so I can put things like unreal engine on it.
>>
>>59514601
There's probably a more technical solution, but I would just open up the laptop, take out the hard drive, connect it to another computer and install Ubuntu from there.
>>
>>59514899
I've been hearing much praise about the Microsoft Surface series from a few friends who own them. They're not cheap though.
>>
>>59512426
>Firefox
Mozilla earns exactly one single statement which i found a while ago on a webpage i visited recently:

>Supporting Mozilla = Supporting discriminating radical leftist racist and fascist flavored beliefs and submitting to Mozilla's "Fuhrer" /role model Google's technological monoculturalism !!! Mozilla refused to support Brendan Eich who is defending traditional believes (heterosexual marriage...) and they are supporting and defending radical leftist fascists interests only. And Mozilla's decision to change their user base from power towards Chrome users is nothing less than raping the Open Source ideology (they are a for profit-only construct and while they tell otherwise to the public, Mozilla hungers only for influence and market share), humiliating all advanced users and showing no respect for their legacy users and add-on or theme developers. Mozilla is a bunch of ruthless assholes with a slight racist tendency against diversity which supports from now on a clearly mono-cultur-concept feature wise instead. For this reasons i am moral wise not able to allow the entrance of "Chrome-2" user agents towards my website as i am not going to support browser developers which are discriminating features and certain users who are using that kind of features and to make it worse are suddenly deciding to abandon that kind of users for a different target user group. I know that will lock out all the people who are fine in using a simple and not complex browser, and i am sorry for being forced to do that. Blame the hobby-racists from Mozilla for this, not me. In times where fascists of no matter which political fraction or believe they belong to are getting traction again, even more it is important to keep your moral standards no matter what! That applies to radical left and right fascists and Mozilla which is a clear anti feature und customization racist team. And i am unwilling to support Nazi believes. Not now, not in the future!
>>
Is it not possible to change the font size on the Twitter app anymore ?
>>
Asked this a few threads ago but got no response.

I have a Raspberry Pi 1B on which I want to run Kodi. Do I still need to buy a license key to use the MPEG-2 and VC-1 hardware decoders, or is there something I can download to generate/extract the key myself?
>>
>>59515144
Damn you're not kidding. What would be more important, ram or the processor?
>>
File: 1488290459287.png (313KB, 602x598px) Image search: [Google]
1488290459287.png
313KB, 602x598px
My laptop is essentially dead, but I need to keep it working a little longer until I can afford a new one. For reference it's a cheap Toshiba Satellite from ~2008 with a dead battery and a barely working fan.

What would be a good OS or Linux distro to use to keep it alive? I had Manjaro XFCE on it for around 2 years, but it overheated during an update and fucked my OS, so I've decided to just start over.
>>
>>59515367
http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-pi/80452-should-i-buy-the-mpeg-2-and-vc-license

You don't even need it br0 but if you do it's like $5.00 don't be a jew
>>
File: 1328220414738.png (17KB, 241x230px) Image search: [Google]
1328220414738.png
17KB, 241x230px
>>59515585
gentoo
>>
>>59511211
It has DRM that can prevent third party recording
This is literally the only reason it's sticking around in TV media, it's just as cheap to manufacture and the new revision does high res/Hz
The DRM is what makes it a movie makers connection
>>
>>59511439
Not really,
Especially considering the fact that analog electronics protocols are ancient pagan voodoo nowadays
What makes it "better"? The fact that you can do 800p 120hz with no audio or actual data? Is that why TVs should start using DVi?
>>
File: heeelp.png (40KB, 756x602px) Image search: [Google]
heeelp.png
40KB, 756x602px
Why the hell is windows using 119gig in system reserve for my ssd and in the recovery partition for the life of my I cant figure out what is wrong.
>>
>>59515621
I mean, I could, but I'd rather not spend that much time installing a distro when I doubt the computer could even stay running that long before overheating.
>>
>>59515689
how did you install it? My recovery partitions are both 450MB in size.
>>
File: SS_2017-03-21_07.png (46KB, 1000x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SS_2017-03-21_07.png
46KB, 1000x1024px
>>59515689
If you're going to merge that partition, I hope you have an external backup.
>>
>>59515745
I installed it on usb like 6 months ago and Today I was cleaning up stuff and noticed my ssd said 226gigs total, and I bought a 500gig so I wanted to know what happened to the rest and i found that both system recovery and system reserved is both taking 119 gigs and I want to know why.
>>
What's the best and cheapest 10 inch laptop one can buy?
>>
Im trying to find a free way to activate windows. I found a code that says upgrade from windows 10 home to Pro for free. I currently have home. I put in the code and it said start upgrade. Will it work?
>>
How do i install my modmic. I have the modmic 4 omnidirectional and have it plugged into the standard front panel 3.5mm microphone jack, yet it doesn't work. What should i do?
>>
File: IMG_20170321_143451.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170321_143451.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
I have this Asus RT-N53. The reset button is not working and I'm unable to connect to it. As I was tearing it apart, I noticed theses pins. Can I do something with them?
>>
>>59516512
If you already have it open can you just short out the leads on the reset button and bypass the broken button.
>>
File: XLR2BNC.jpg (78KB, 600x787px) Image search: [Google]
XLR2BNC.jpg
78KB, 600x787px
If I want to output a number with 2 decimal places in C++, do I need to use

std::cout << std::fixed;
std::cout << std::setprecision(2);

or is there a quicker way? Is there a way to set the decimal points on a per variable basis?
>>
>>59515866
Kek. Takes you 6 months to figure out half your drive is missing. And you didn't even bother removing your HDD boot partitions. You can use easyBCD to transfer boot rights over to your C:, and just straight up delete recovery. Or if you can't figure that out, just clean install.
>>
Is there any way I can just remove the "activate windows" watermark? That's all I'm really trying to accomplish
>>
Could someone recommend me a microphone that will cancel out or minimize background noise? Preferably something I can just put on my desk and doesn't need some massive setup and doesn't cost a million dollars. It doesn't have to be some insane studio quality mic or anything, just enough to not sound like total shit.
I talk a lot with friends and guildmates but people always complain about my background noise so I have to stick to push to talk which just feels super unnatural to me.
I have to have my air conditioner or fan running basically 24/7 because my room turns into a fucking oven with my computer running. I'm currently using a Blue Snowball microphone that I got a few years ago, but that thing is so fucking sensitive you could hear a dog barking 2 blocks away.
>>
>>59516870
Pirate
http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
How do I into making sleek looking UI shit? I just want to make some desktop widget-y things and at some point make replacements for desktop elements (like task bar and file manager)
>>
>>59516885
Common mistake. Condenser mikes pick up everything. You want either a dynamic mic or a clip on lavalier
>>
Don't know if this is the right thread but:

>have sudden urge to play WCIII Frozen Throne
>torrent that shit since my copy is in a drawer somewhere home and I'm at uni
>crack doesn't work
>can't find one directly
So I figured I could just crack it myself.
I worked with gdb last year for a school project, but never with shit as big as this. Any help would be appreciated.

Info:
>it checks whether a cd is in the drive
>virtual drives don't work :(

Ideas:
>looking for opcodes that try looking for something on the filesystem
>letting the debugger run till I get the 'cd not found message'

Does anyone have any other info?
>>
>>59514815
Anyone?
Still trying go get my head around how to place everything using layout managers and panels and shit.
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-21+at+03.42.53)1.jpg (1MB, 2491x1214px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-21+at+03.42.53)1.jpg
1MB, 2491x1214px
Are the image servers fucking up?

This is happening to me on multiple boards.

is there a way to change the URL (maybe a different image server?) so half the threads aren't missing their photos?

thanks for your time
>>
>>59516925
Thats what I've been reading too. I'm just not sure where to start when it comes to microphones. I don't trust amazon reviews for anything regarding sound quality. I always see these people on streams with their crazy metal arms holding the mic in front of their faces. I don't want to deal with anything like that.

Just want something nice that will sit there on my desk, run on either usb or wall outlet power, wont pick up all my background noise, doesn't cost a fortune, and doesn't sound like a tin can.

I feel like if I don't get a recommendation from someone, I'm going to end up wasting a bunch of money again like I did on my snowball.
>>
What tools and software should be using to "clean" up friends computer?
>>
How viable are 2TB hard drives? Are they on single platters nowadays? I hear they tend to have multiples which increase the failure rate. Rather not squander $70.
>>
>>59517252
In what context? Hardware of software?
If it's software I'd say just stick everything worth keeping on another drive and completely wiping the HDD/SSD.
>>
Roughly every tenth or so anime episode I torrent has IO errors... does that mean my HDD is dying? I already tried the Windows disk repairing thing but it didn't do anything. When it happens I torrent it again and then it works. I always keep qBittorrent up to date... It wouldn't be a torrent program's fault, right?
>>
>>59517325
Software wisely. Just format? If i am not willing to format, what programs would you use to clean all the shit?
>>
>>59516703
How would I proceed to do that?
>>
Ok, guys, I fucked up. I delete all my music, and now I don't even fucking know what I'm missing. I do, however, have the file list of what was deleted and an old drive with a lot of said music (and a new drive with a bunch of new ones).

Is there a program which would allow me to rebuild my old music directory, letting it search for the files that got deleted, and then giving me a list of the files it couldn't find?

It was close to 7k files, with thousands of folders, so it's unrealistic to do it by hand.
>>
How much is an evga 980 ftw worth? All the sites I see have it sold out or at a seemingly inflated price. If I'm considering buying a PC with a 980 ftw, how much value should I assign it?
>>
>>59517385
Formatting is usually the best way to refresh the drive. It can be a ballache but it's worth doing every few years.
>>
>>59517464
27k*, I mean.
>>
>>59517432
get a paperclip and connect either side to either lead coming out the bottom of the button.
>>
Added jewgles recaptcha to a website, do i need a cookies monit to comply with yuropeon law?
I don't think it actually stores anything.
>>
overclocking an i5-2500k, I put it on 4.5ghz and +0.035V, and under linux it's all good, ran it for about 1hr under mprime and it maxed out at 77C.

However on windows, it just shuts down while booting. Does this mean I need to up the voltage?
>>
>>59517464
How long ago was it?
If you didn't overwrite any of it try Recuva and search for specific filetypes. Never tried rebuilding directories with it but at least you may get your tunes back.
>>
>>59517161
The boom arm is just there to get the mic closer to your face. The closer any mic is to it's audio source the better. That's why lav mics work so well despite being so cheap. Boom arms and shock mounts also help reduce vibration from whatever they're attached to. As far as mics any good dynamic will do, with the understanding that distance from your face is more problematic than you would think.
>>
>>59517385
There's really not much you can do on windows, besides running a malware scan and deleting programs you don't use. Windows doesn't have proper program containment like linux does, so third party software shits all over everything.
>>
>>59517568
Tried that, but sadly my idiocy defeated me:
I was transferring videos, music, and other files in three different transfers from an old computer into a new one, and then programmed it to shut down. The issue is that I made the music transfer first, the videos second, and then the files, but I put the source and target in the wrong direction so it wiped my music and then had them be overwritten by the videos and other files. The few things I could recover, most actually showed bits and pieces of the videos I was transferring rather than an actual recovery.

Now I'm at a lost at what the fuck to do. Like, I am sure I can get the music back in time if I can verify what I do and don't have, but I can't reconstruct the whole thing by hand, it's just not realistic.
>>
File: Velvet.jpg (73KB, 375x380px) Image search: [Google]
Velvet.jpg
73KB, 375x380px
Is my CPU/GPU Bottlenecking?
CPU usage is at 95% and my GPU is at 65%
I have a Intel Core i5-6600K and ROG STRIX-GTX1070
>>
>>59517691
I don't understand how that cpu could bottleneck anything
>>
>>59517691
The issue may be your proprietary operating system.
>>
>>59517735
Could you explain a little more please?
I'm a retard.
>>
>>59517527
Guess so, put it on 0.045 and it boots, seems to run fine.
>>
What imageboard software is still being developed and is free(libre)?
>>
Reliable VPN?
>>
are there any screen recorders for windows that aren't bloated pieces of shit that suck absolute cock?
>>
I don't know if I'm fucking stupid or not, but is there something wrong with my PC?
I can play RE7,DOOM and Toukiden 2 on max setting without problem/noise.
But when i try to play games like Oblivion and Risen 2. I get a horrible screeching noise from my PC.
>>
File: am.jpg (50KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
am.jpg
50KB, 665x574px
Is 1440p/144hz/G-Sync a meme?

Been thinking of getting a Dell S2716DG at my local Micro Center for $500 for my upcoming 1080ti, but I don't know.

Heard g-sync makes even lower frames silky smooth, is this true? Is it worth it?
>>
>>59517835
Research coil whine
>>
>>59517904
Is it coil whine?
But why does it not happen to games that require more power?
>>
>>59517877
1440p is almost double the pixels as 1080p
144hz provides much smoother motion
G-Sync just gets rid of tearing, it's nice but it doesn't doesn't magically make low framerates smooth.
>>
So would you say a S2716DG is worth it at 500?

Another alternative I was thinking about was waiting for an x34 sale but idk how I feel about ultrawide.
>>
>>59517820
PIA
>>
>>59517944
>>59517981

whoops forgot to hit reply
>>
>>59517835
>>59517913
Add a framerate limit to whatever game is causing coil whine.
>>
>>59517981
I'm not really familiar with those particular models, you should look up some reviews.
I can see it's been on sale for $20 less than that about 2 weeks ago though.
>>
>>59517252
CCleaner, Malwarebytes & SpyBot. You need nothing else.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhkYrzST7V4
is it just me or is this supremely retarded

I mean I can see why it would work and make a card less noisy but at the same time gluing the fan to a piece of sponge which is glued to the heatsink seems like a bad idea in the long run
>>
>>59518047
What should the framerate limit be?
>>
>>59518162
Probably no more than double your display refresh rate
>>
Is crossfire a meme? Thinking about getting a second sapphire 480 8gig. Would it be good for 1440/60
>>
>>59518200
Yes. Game support gets worse every year, and it wasn't an ideal solution to begin with
>>
What's the best free linux distro for a normie beginner?
>>
File: IMG_20170322_085207.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170322_085207.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I want to revive an old laptop. The main problem with it is that it got ridiculously hot (I don't remember the exact temps, but definitely 70+ degrees on idle), to the point it eventually turns off. The BIOS was a bit fucked as well (pic) but I think I fixed that.
What should I be investigating?
>>
>>59518447
does it work with external monitor ?
if not put some pressure (NOT300 pound gorilla mind you) on where the graphics chip is and see what happens when you turn it on
>>
>>59518447
Thermal paste.
>>
>>59518349
Mint, or peppermint if you need something light.
>>
>>59511072
I'm trying to run a game that was cracked by codex (Dynasty Warriors), it runs okay but I get a WMI error and 100% cpu usage from svchost. Killing that process seemingly solves the problem. Is there a virus going on I should be worried about? Something with the crack?
>>
>>59518618
svchost is a service container and hosts background processes/services. Check what really has been started by it. Could be a broken trojan. Use Process Explorer from Sysinernals and see details
>>
Just started using GNOME for the first time. I have this issue where if I snap a window to the side of my monitor then try to drag it somewhere else the window moves very far away from my cursor but still moves until I let go. For some reason it only has this problem if it's snapped to the sides, not the top. Any ideas?
>>
File: 1425053463926.png (378KB, 589x595px) Image search: [Google]
1425053463926.png
378KB, 589x595px
Does Open Broadcasting Software (OBS) require a decent amount of processing power?

I'm trying to use it on my Laptop which has an i5-6200u, nothing special but powerful enough but anything I record looks so choppy. I tried to record a video online on my browser but it comes out pretty shit

What settings should I be using? I'm using Display Capture as the source
>>
File: susan sarandon.jpg (794KB, 2400x3600px) Image search: [Google]
susan sarandon.jpg
794KB, 2400x3600px
how to download videos from camwhores.tv?
youtube-dl doesn't work. gives an unsupported url error
>>
>>59518996
Depends how you're using it.

The x264 software video encoding it uses by default does take quite a lot of CPU performance. If you switch to using hardware Quick Sync encoding CPU usage goes way down, but you get worse quality for a particular bitrate.
>>
>>59517265
Myth.
>>
>>59511072
I installed GETH and now musicbee is raising and lowering the volume randomly. Is this a bug or did I install malicious software?
>>
wew i got a stupid one here.

i had two identicle legacy arch distros on identicle machines. i fucked one up, and cant find the iso i used because its old.

i imagine i can just copy over most of the good system onto the messed up one, but i cant just do all of / in one go, right? how do i retain command line functionality while i copy everything?
>>
>>59517571
My snowball sits at about chin height right now and I have a decent amount of room on my desk so getting close shouldn't be a problem.

So would this be okay if I'm going for a cheap setup?
http://a.co/4kZQEJS
http://a.co/aIWLl5e
http://a.co/7P6DReU
http://a.co/e3t4zSm

I dont know how good the built in pop filter in the microphone would be, but it looks like it doesn't come with an actual stand anyway, so I might as well get that one. Also do I need the windscreen?

I'm seeing something about "phantom power" Do I need an amp or something to use one of these mics? Really don't want shit to get too complex.
>>
someone got my ip address on soulseek
how the hell did he do this and should i be scared?
>>
is there a way to track how long you been afk on windows?

rainmeter thing or?

would be useful
>>
If I disable the SSID broadcast signal (?) On my router how does it work for when i want to connect? For example when i turn my phone on. Will previously connected devices still be able to access it?
>>
>>59519041
>Depends how you're using it.
What do you mean? Also that did reduce the CPU performance a lot, thanks
It's still a bit choppy though, which settings should I be messing around with?
>>
>>59519110
>Soulseek is a peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing network and application
>While these central servers are key to coordinating searches and hosting chat rooms, they do not actually play a part in the transfer of files between users, which takes place directly between the users concerned.

These things mean your IP is revealed to anybody who downloads files from you/anybody who you download from.

> should i be scared
Idk, depends. They may ddos you. Scan your pc for known vulnerabilities - keep your OS/programs that open internet ports (like your soulseek client) updated
>>
Is Chromium any less of a botnet than Chrome?
>>
>>59519240
bro i have no uploads and as far as i'm aware i didn't download shit from him tho
>>
>>59513029
You have to quote your alias from one end to the other, or zsh will not be happy :
alias scrot='scrot -e "mv $f ~/screen/" '

imo, the example in the man page is confusing. Invoking scrot with full-path for the output file works as I expected.
alias scrot='scrot ~/screen/%Y.%m.%d:%H%M.%S.png'

feel free to change my date formant-string to whatever you like :)
>>
>>59519280
It is, but only relatively. Maybe take a look at this patch to see how much google-related/reporting/tracking stuff is still in https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ungoogled-chromium/
>>
File: 1478246845808.png (37KB, 848x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1478246845808.png
37KB, 848x1000px
What is a good free android ONVIF/IPcam app for local network viewing?

Onvifer is nice, except the fucking kikes won't even let you config shit unless you pay.
>>
So I have an OS on a usb drive but no matter what I do my computer will not boot using it. It's an old computer and it's probably on its last legs but I want to put Ubuntu on it. I have tried pressing f12 repeatedly and changing the boot device but it keeps booting to the old OS. How do I replace the old OS?
>>
>>59519283
Does it have user-hosted chat rooms? Private chats? Idk, it's a p2p program, there is plenty of ways to get an ip address of a member. Or maybe you even clicked on a 'honeypot' link he posted.
>>
>>59519345
Are you sure the drive is actually bootable?
Does the motherboard support USB booting?

You could always use a cd burner if you have one
>>
>>59519387
>(You)
The computer is about ten years old so it might not support usb booting, I wouldn't know.
I'll go find a cd burner. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>59519101
phantom powered mics need high voltage (24v or 48v) to work the capsule mechanism of a condensor mic (or a ribbon i would think). look up ribbon vs condensor vs dynamic to learn the difference, and their strengths/weaknesses. iirc you can diy a ribbon fro around $30 for that 1930s sound
>>
>>59519345
fdisk -l /dev/sd?

where '?' is the letter for your usb drive, to check if first partition has 'bootable' flag
>>
>>59517008
>sudden urge to play a game
>crack it myself
I admire your courage
>>
>>59519361
nah i didn't click on shit.
i said like 6 words to him before he posted my ip address
it does have private chats but we were in a public room
i don't know how the hosting works.
>>
>>59517069
I have the same :(
>>
>>59519345
on my asus BIOS i have to change the hard disk to usb before the usb option shows up in the boot device selector. also its an old machine and sometimes i need to press the usb to get good lead contact before it is recognized
>>
Should I use prime95 to stress test my overclock? The multiplier isn't being maxed out when doing it, so I don't know if it'll work as a proper stress test. When running games it stays locked at the max multiplier.
>>
File: hideshow1.gif (372KB, 566x386px) Image search: [Google]
hideshow1.gif
372KB, 566x386px
Why didnt any of the faggots here tell me about emacs orgy-mode? How will the vim pussies ever compete with this?
>>
I've been postponing updating to OS X Sierra from El Capitan, should I even do it? I don't need any of the new features, and I mean all of them. I mostly use my 2013 Retina MBP for Safari/emulators/GIMP/music listening, and have no other apple devices. No problems running current version.
>>
>>59517782
not him but,
maybe you should try live-booting some linux distro, preferably shipped with no or very lightweight desktop, to see how's the CPU is doing.
>>
My Android phone is connecting to those hosts. Anybody knows what apps are doing this? I want to block them all in the hosts file.
flurry.agentportal.prod.g04.yahoodns.net
vpc-ejesa-cms-cache-295159581.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com
estaticos-cdn.ig.com.br
br-odc.samsungapps.com.gslb.cdnetworks.net
>>
File: 1343327829813.jpg (90KB, 600x839px) Image search: [Google]
1343327829813.jpg
90KB, 600x839px
>>59511072

Is there a way to have different programs receive different inputs at the same time?

Can I play a computer game and run an emulator on my computer on a second monitor and have people play with controllers there and use mouse and keyboard to play whatever computer game I'm running?

Could I potentially do this with two keyboards and mice and have them control different monitors/programs?
>>
>>59518349
Debian Stable.
imho the most hassle-free.

All those Mint, Ubuntu and so on who call themselves User-friendly are based on Debian, with just a little more bloat to make Windows users feel familiar.
>>
>>59519658

I actually installed Debian a few hours ago, but I can't seem to make the screen resolution higher than 640x480.

"xrandr" returns only a default output, not the LVDS output I was expecting... I'm pretty sure it's a driver thing, but I'm not sure how to continue from here. Took a look at Intel HD520 drivers but they don't seem to exist for linux.

Any tips on where to look?
>>
>>59519739
What does xrandr say? Also /var/log/Xorg.0.log?
>>
Can someone find this thread in an archive >>>/wsr/284094

I tried looking here but can't find it
https://archive.nyafuu.org/wsr/
What gives
>>
>>59519093
Reduce a partition and prepare a dual-boot if your drive capacity allows it.
Do not overwrite the messed up one with another, or you'll create even more mess.

You can copy the whole / of your system in one tar or one rsync-through-ssh, as long as you do it from another system. A live one, if your machine doesn't dual-boot.
Just change to the directory where you have the aforementioned / mounted and
tar cpf whatevernameyouwant.tar ./ &
>>
>>59519877

root@box:/# xrandr
xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
Screen 0: minimum 800 x 600, current 800 x 600, maximum 800 x 600
default connected primary 800x600+0+0 0mm x 0mm
800x600 75.00*

Xorg.0.log:
http://pastebin.com/pW481XjN
>>
What's the consensus on password managers? Which one isn't a botnet? Which one doesn't use cloud bullshit?
>>
>>59519976
Do you have xserver-xorg-video-intel installed? Is this debian stable? It could be the drivers are outdated on stable.
>>
>>59519989
Use your biological harddrive.
>>
>>59520037
Can't. For personal use, sure, but I have many work related passwords for servers, no way am I memorizing all those random generated passwords.
>>
>>59519976
>>59520035
If it is debian stable I think that is your problem.
You could try https://ctrl.blog/entry/how-to-debian-newer-intel-graphics or reinstalling with debian testing. Debian stable is more for server use than desktops. Testing is still pretty stable.
>>
>>59520035
>>59520078

Yup, I have that package installed and I'm also running the stable version

I'll check that link out, cheers!
>>
>>59520035
>>59520078
if you intend to upgrade :
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianTesting
>>
Actually I just checked the comments from that link and it looks like the updated driver is now available from jessie-backports. You would be better off using backports instead.
>>
>>59520078
>>59520160
Meant to reply
>>
>>59520160

Ah, I've seen the jessie-backports repo thrown around a lot, what do they mean with backports?
>>
>>59520174
>>59520192

Nevermind, stopped being lazy and googled. Makes perfect sense to use that
>>
I'm a beginner to java and I'm wondering whether there's a way for an object to access the object which instantiated it.
For example the attributes, methods ,etc.
>>
>>59515249
Show me how using their browser supports this.
>>
Is there a clear web marketplace for bitcoin already, on the likes of ebay?

Also, what is the best way to buy bitcoins, with as few middlemen as possible and as with as little fees as possible (aka judaism free bitcoin buying)?

Pls respond.
>>
Why are the list operations in various languages called fold(Left) and foldRight?
>>
File: 21321312.jpg (377KB, 5120x1080px) Image search: [Google]
21321312.jpg
377KB, 5120x1080px
wtf is going on with my screenshots

it was even weirder before, there was all this mangled glitchy text and a mega link.....
>>
File: index~01.jpg (37KB, 384x312px) Image search: [Google]
index~01.jpg
37KB, 384x312px
Would there be any problem if i plug the HDD from my old pc (with Windows and everything installed) into my new PC? I wanna boot from that hard drive eventually, to get some stuff and finish some other stuff and whatnot.
I'm asking because there are drivers installed there that do not match this new PC's hardware. Could anything serious happen before i uninstall these drivers and install the new ones?
I don't wanna fry anything but I'm too tempted to try it out already so please respond.
>>
>>59519989
I have not enough details to spoon-feed you a full-featured security strategy but, the consensus about anything that like to call himself a Service is that,
if it is free, you are most likely to be the product.

--anonymous, spreading paranoia since forever.
>>
>>59520380
Thanks, might as well just store my passwords in clear text emails on Gmail then!
>>
>>59519989

Maybe an open-source, local password manager might be your best bet?

Or a sticky-note under your keyboard.. :P
>>
>>59520372
Aside from windows not being genuine anymore it should be fine.
>>
>>59520206
If none of that works I'd upgrade to debian testing. I'm sure its possible to get it working with backports but imo not worth the trouble unless you need it for a server.
>>
>>59520372
You won't "fry" anything. Windows will attempt a repair, and usually succeed. At that point you can enter your new license and install any new drivers. If you want to be sure the install will carry over, you can google the instructions to run a sysprep on the old computer.
>>
>>59520370
Have u tried pasting your screenshots on more than one program?
Did you update anything recently that could be remotely associated with it?
Can you look up the date of the latest fine screenshot that you took?Though last-resort-kinda-thing, consider rolling the system back to that date.
>>
File: 4x3Dd.png (74KB, 785x428px) Image search: [Google]
4x3Dd.png
74KB, 785x428px
>>59519989
Keepass is not a botnet
>>
>>59520434
That's amazing. Thank you!
>>
>>59520392
What about a plain old address book that fit in your pocket ?
>>
How bad is it to have all your passwords saved on chrome and sort of use it as your pass manager. It's handy, unfortunately
>>
>>59519918
plz
>>
>>59520440
well i updated to the newest nvidia drivers a few days ago, maybe it could be that?

i never take screenshots so i can't really go back and look. i just installed the gnome-screenshot and that worked completely fine.

fucking weird. before i restarted it had all this fucking text in it
>>
>>59520423

Tried installing from backports to no avail, will just upgrade to testing tomorrow to see what happens.
The kernel in Jessie is 3.16 compared to 4.9, production does seem to be lagging a bit, lol
Thanks for the help!

Browsing 4chan on a screen this small does feel kinda retro..
>>
>>59520358
The names tell you which end of the list the operations start from?
>>
File: 1451180867156.jpg (53KB, 460x480px) Image search: [Google]
1451180867156.jpg
53KB, 460x480px
>>59511072
What are the benefits and drawbacks of having a RAID array in FreeNAS/ZFS vs one on a Linux server using mdadm?
>>
>>59520252
No idea if it's possible by introspection.
Why not just pass in an appropriate reference into the constructor?
>>
i have a toshiba external drive
its activity led is blue
however, when i plugged it into my mothers xubuntu desktop, it was white
ive always wanted it to be white, how do i configure it that way without installing ubuntu on my laptop?
>>
>>59519598
I can think of hard ways, but I don't know if an easy way exists.

Idea #1. Write program that takes in all the input then passes them on to the appropriate programs.
Idea #2. SSHing into a machine is a way of getting inputs into a particular program. You can then export your display somewhere appropriate to be able to see what's going on.
>>
>>59519573
If you had access to a shell, I'd ask you to try:
>netstat -plunt
>>
>>59519598
What OS? X11 has support for multiple cursors and keyboards. Very few software properly implements it though.
>>
>>59519531
El Capitan still gets security updates so there's no really need to change.
>>
So Coffeelake gonna be a diferent chipset but same socket and Cannonlake gonna be new socket??
Looking to upgrade my cpu on the first quarter of the next year
>>
>>59517336
Could be your RAM.
Use a memory tester asap.
>>
>>59520584
If using ZFS, why use RAID?
There are ways RAID can screw up that ZFS can save you from.

Don't really know much about RAID, sorry.
Presumably the disks are labeled so that the raid driver can find them.
Don't know if the labeling scheme is the same or different between FreeNAS and Linux.
Don't know if the data layout is the same between FreeNAS and Linux.
>>
File: Capture.png (310KB, 838x327px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
310KB, 838x327px
The icon for Thunderbird on my Windows tablet is always grey no matter what colour the other icons are, is there anyway to fix it?
>>
>>59518840
I'll try. Weirdest thing is, after I kill the process once it doesn't happen again. As in, I can run the game again and the weird svchost cpu hog doesn't show up. At least not until I restart I think. Will I be okay for now considering I don't see it running in task manager? I also ran adwcleaner/combofix/rkill/jrt because I got spooked. I ask because I'm kinda tired right now and don't want to deal with that until tomorrow.
>>
>>59511072
I have a non-pro Surface 3 with two gigs of ram. Which linux distro would work best for it, if I don't intend to use it for anything beyond basic IDES and web browsing?
>>
What's a good program for emulating a webcam? I'd like to use pictures in place of one. Something like manycam, but not shit.
I heard OBS, but isn't that for recording videos?
>>
>>59518840
>>59520964
Nevermind, I had to restart the PC after one of the scanners I used messed up my settings for something and I ended up catching it loading up right with the rest of my programs. What the fuck is this? None of the things I used caught it. Can I just delete it since I found it?
>>
got arch about 6 months ago and i still get charachters not reconized

I think it has to do with the locales
I only added the us en utf 8 during the installation

Is there a way I can copy the default ubuntu locale ?because I remember not having any problems with charachters on ubuntu,
>>
>>59521060
turn that shit off, scan hdd from another system
>>
>>59521070
although nvm the panic it's probably just a miner. I just saw "crypto" and thought it's a crypter
>>
>>59521090
Yeah, I looked this particular one up on google and turns out, it's a stupid buttcoin miner. I should've known, I heard bad things about codex and there were practically no seeders on it either.
>>
>>59520670
Thank you
>>
File: android.png (32KB, 728x450px) Image search: [Google]
android.png
32KB, 728x450px
What could happen if I put those two hosts in the hosts file of my Android phone redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0?
pagead.l.doubleclick.net
pagead46.l.doubleclick.net
>>
>>59521090
I got another question for you: Considering there was a stupid bitcoin miner attached I'm not too keen on keeping the game around. What should I use to uninstall it safely? Think I can just hit uninstall on it, or should I take additional precautions?
>>
>>59521135
Redirect them to 127.0.0.2.
It's still localhost, but you know there are not going to be any listening ports to get mixed up with.
>>
Is there a cheat sheet for all the tags and useful tricks that apply here on 4chan ?
>greentext
[spoiler]imnotsurethisisgonnawork[/spoiler]
prettyprint ?
>>
>>59521163
>Think I can just hit uninstall on it
If you found the instruction on how to reliably delete the miner then yeah I think.
>>
>>59521163
There's no way to be sure it didn't download any additional malware. Your only safe bet is to clean install, and quit using pirated software. That shit exists because hackers know it's worth it to crack a game and include their malware of choice, and people either won't know or won't care.
>>
One of my methods is returning an integer when it should be returning a string.
Is this a known error in java? not sure where I'm going wrong here.
>>
How does lastpass manage to keep passwords secured on a compromised machine
>>
>>59521224
Malwarebytes purged it properly (restarted and everything and it was gone) so I guess it'll be fine. Thanks for the help man.
>>
>>59521287
No way to be sure, true, but then there's always the risk of something going wrong. Anyway, I'll make sure to avoid obviously seedy (pun intended) torrents in the future, this was a terrible lapse in judgement. Again, thanks for the help /g/. See ya'll later.
>>
>>59521423
Not him but run Adwcleaner and check your startup list.
>>
Does anyone have a chart of /g/ approved / required Firefox addons for privacy and speed?

>Disconnect
>Decentraleyes
>uBlock Origin
>HTTPS Everywhere
>>
For some reason, videos (youtube and webms) won't play on firefox... They work on literally any other browser... Is this happening to anyone else?
How do I fix this?
>inb4 "How do you fix that which is inherently broken"
>>
>>59521676
>Is this happening to anyone else?
Not happening here.
(Old copy of firefox (48), old copy of mac os (10.7).)

>How do I fix this?
Disable flash.
Enable javascript.
Rummage through your plugins.
>>
>>59521676
>playing videos on a browser
youtube-dl combined with mpv is the best
you can stream and download if you so wanted to
>>
>>59521623
canvas blocker
umatrix (change settings to use different user-agents, strip referrers, forbid 1st-party js and only enable for websites that you really need it for)
smart https
>>
File: IMG-20170320-WA0007.jpg (43KB, 540x876px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170320-WA0007.jpg
43KB, 540x876px
Which program do u recommend for cleaning the register and junk files on Windows?

Where can I download themes for foobar?

Thanks
>>
>>59521457
>No way to be sure, true, but then there's always the risk of something going wrong.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Whenever you pirate software, you open yourself up to huge risk. You're basically handing your PC over to hackers on a silver platter. There's no "smart" way to do it. You cross that line, and you're opening up yourself to exponentially higher rates of infection.
>>
>>59521762
"Registry cleaning" is complete BS. Only way to clean it is with a clean install.
>>
>>59521769
>There's no smart way to do it
A virtual machine you dolt
>>
Fastest way to transfer large numbers of pics off of a phone?

Used to be friends with a girl, went on a vacation with her, now we don't talk but I want the pictures from her phone. I'm certain she'll agree to let me get the pics but we're talking hundreds of images and her patience will likely be thin.
>>
>>59521787
Vt-d and 3d acceleration required for any semblance of good performance shred the security factor, and that's not even considering shared files and networking. A lot of modern malware detects it is in a VM and acts accordingly. It may be better than bare metal, but not as foolproof as people would like to think
>>
>>59521800
Expect it to take 5 minutes per 1k images.
>>
>>59521800
Remove memory card if she has one and attach it to PC. Otherwise MTP over USB. You might be able to set up a shared dropbox, start uploading them over wifi, and then you wouldn't have to stick around for it to finish
>>
How do I check an Android tablet's battery wear level? I'm not talking about the current charge or charge level but the wear level. Basically, Android's version of BatteryInfoView.
>>
I didnt understand whats going on here.
>>
File: 1471742508986.jpg (3MB, 2848x4272px) Image search: [Google]
1471742508986.jpg
3MB, 2848x4272px
>>59522029
>>
>>59520559
But in Kotlin it seems to be the opposite. Fold starts from beginning to the end and FoldRight starts from the last to the first
>>
my laptop has been drying for ~45 hours since a water attack. should i keep drying or try it out?
>>
My friends are receiving spam emails from my email account. What can I do to stop this?
>>
>>59522366
stop being a normalfag
>>
>>59522350
you need to hang it like webm related or you would make a terrible housewife
>>
>>59522350
he lives! jesus shitball eating christ that was a nervous 45 hours

posting from my laptop that almost died because of water
>>
>>59522385
i just did the upside down V for like 3 hours when it first happen that closed that shit like normal the rest of the time
>>
File: file.png (33KB, 427x235px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
33KB, 427x235px
2 questions
1. does any one know what it's looking for?
see pic
2. why is it that some apps on the play store "aren't compatible" with my phone but when I download the APK they work fine a lot of times? I had to do that with Pokemon Go originally on my tablet.
So now it's the TCG that I have to get the APK for, any idea why this is? I never understood why 1 can but the other can't.
>>
>>59522433
What are you trying to do with ptcgo on the computer in that picture? Install, uninstall, or run it?

As for the apk thing, the play store will block apps that are incompatible with your device according to the developer. IIRC the PTCGO app was made for tablets only so it won't show up on the play store for your phone. Sometimes downloading the apk manually will work but sometimes it wont. Depends on a lot of things like specs, screen size, and resolution.
>>
>>59522471
1. Trying to install it again cause it had a serious error and I thought maybe downloading a fresh installer may help.
2. I was able to install PTCGO on my phone just fine. I feel like they hate phones
>>
I tried to put Eos onto my msi Aegis desktop which has an Nvidia GTX 1080 gpu. I tried to install the proper drivers (I went with the one that guides for Ubuntu said to use) a d it did not work. I tried an alternate version of the driver and it just set off a domino effect of more errors. Any help or suggested distros that can easily use the gpu would be immensely appreciated.
>>
elementary os
>>
>>59522525
don't. It's poor man's mac which is LITERALLY just Ubuntu with a dock and is white. you have a better chance of getting Ubuntu or Mint. If you want a dock, look in the store for it.
Oh, docky. That's what it's called
>>
>>59511072
Here's a question for ya.
Now i have arch linux on my laptop.
I'm very pleased with it (rolling release, yaourt, pacman is pretty neat, learning linux by using it!)
Really, nothing to complain about.
But I'm thinking about a change...
Mainly because: enough learning how to setup a samba, ssh (or something) server. Should focus on being productive.

Should I install ubuntu?
I just want to work and forget config files for a while.

I do think it's stupid to ask this in seperate thread.

Guide me to productivity /g/entelmens.
>>
>>59522492
Make sure you uninstall it completely through the Programs and Features window, reboot, then reinstall it.

After doing the uninstall, you might also want to check your AppData\LocalLow and AppData\Roaming folders to see if there are any remnants of the game hanging around. Just delete the whole pokemon folder in both directories

PTCGO is a fucking turd of a program and I have to uninstall and reinstall it literally every time there is an update because it refuses to update itself. I've never seen that error when I reinstalled it, but I'm assuming it might have something to do with not uninstalling it properly.
>>
>>59522556
There's no uninstall program added with it, it keeps asking for the uninstall MSI which doesn't exist. Then when I got the new MSI to install it asks for the same thing, then says, "we are sorry, you cannot uninstall Pokemon TCG Online" and closes.
>>
File: add or remove programs.jpg (213KB, 1046x660px) Image search: [Google]
add or remove programs.jpg
213KB, 1046x660px
>>59522567
So you can't get any boxes to pop up like this when you go to uninstall it?
What about the AppData folders? Did you find anything in there?

I was also reading on google as a general tip for that error, but not pokemon in general that sometimes a reboot will fix the "network resource is unavailable" thing

Also please don't bully me for my installed programs
>>
>>59522648
if it works who cares.
Yeah that will come up but the previous pic I up'd here is what I get when I get there. When I try to uninstall it from here from like CCleaner it comes up and says "No such MSI is present" or something
>>
>>59522683
Try running the game through the Refresher.exe if you have it still. Should be in Roaming.
Some post on reddit says you can try installing or uninstalling the game after a clean boot.

I had no idea there was a difference between a clean boot and safe mode.
>>
>>59522748
ill try it
>>
>>59521840
>>59521855
Excellent, thank you guys. I will look into what MTP even is and allot about half an hour just in case the transfer rate is slow
>>
File: 1488932092157.jpg (68KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1488932092157.jpg
68KB, 400x400px
What should I do with a fully functional galaxy 4s?
I could just install Linux for fun, unless installing Linux could actually be useful for something
>>
File: 1477112445519.jpg (81KB, 720x541px) Image search: [Google]
1477112445519.jpg
81KB, 720x541px
I'm temporarily stuck behind a shitty 4G connection, what's the best way to hookup my servers service to my subdomain??
>>
When you select multiple files with Thunar and right click and open it it does indeed open multiple files, but when you select them and press enter it just opens one file.
Is this a bug or feature and how can I fix it?
>>
Any idea why this script doesn't work anymore?
I keep getting "0 files, trying again in 60 seconds"
I've scanned through the code, but my Python knowledge is limited.

https://gist.github.com/JonasGroeger/3485298
>>
>>59523414
>>59523414
>>59523414
>>
So im trying to transfer .m4a audio files copied with my iphone. They are .m4a on my disk, but when i drag them onto an Android device it converts them to .wma and they dont show up on my phone media player.
>>
>>59520584
zfs:
- strong focus on data safety, at the cost of speed, zfs is probably the slowest filesystem a home user is likely to use
- its' raid is inflexible for home users, for example, you can't change the number of disks in a vdev (eg. can't turn a 3 disk raidz1 into a 4 disk raidz1)
- raid and filesystem layers are both handled by zfs, allowing for several advantages, but you can't use another filesystem atop zfs

mdadm:
- balance of safety, speed, and flexibility
- much more flexible for home users, allowing for many kinds of conversions in-place
- raid layer only, is not a filesystem

as nice as ZFS is, it is and always has been an enterprise-focused filesystem, and the speed and flexibility disadvantages make it much less appealing for a small home user
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.