[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>use linux >end up spending more time fixing things than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 1444595551924.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1444595551924.png
463KB, 1070x601px
>use linux
>end up spending more time fixing things than actually getting any work done

>use windows
>actually get shit done and have free time to spare

ITS NOT FAIR BROS, I THOUGHT 2017 WAS THE YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP
>>
File: 1482208619701.jpg (158KB, 899x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482208619701.jpg
158KB, 899x600px
>>59507249
>use linux
>actually everything i need works and get the fucking job done easily even throught cli

>use windows
>spend time searching for alternatives and way for them to cooperate instead of work
>end up playing games

Come on, depends on the task you need to complete. If you use computer favors are for linux, if you operate computer with no clue how it works, stick with windows.
>>
>>59507249
>get shit done
>2017
>>
>>59507249
Just dont use bleeding edge distro retard.
like win10 worked for everebody for everything since day 0, shits still cant properly manage some resources properly
>>
>>59507249
>use FreeBSD/Plan9/GNU/Linux/
>shit works because I've been using UNIX systems for literally years and my workflow never changes between """"releases"""
>>
>>59507356
Win10 was perfectly functioning for customer purposes from day one
>>
>>59507367
please elaborate
>>
>>59507367
Haha okay that is a load of bullshit. I upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade and it was packed with problems. I couldn't even look at pictures on my computer because their photo viewer was broke as fuck. Some programs I used on win7 still don't work right
>>
>>59507249
>use linux
>spend time customizing it

>use windows
>spend time looking for chink compilers cause nothing works
>>
>>59507367
Deleted because extreme overhead.
>>
File: 1447436432534.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1447436432534.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>59507249
>Install Arch
>Become fat and autistic
>Programming skills plummet because I'm too fixated on the OS rather than actually getting work done
>Lose my job because I don't fit in with the "work culture"
>Suicidal and using drugs daily
PLEASE DON'T FALL FOR THE LINUX MEME
>>
>>59507367
Even with obscure distros in which stuff breaks you get the choice to fix stuff. With windows 10 you're stuck, you stupid shill
>>
>>59507406
Time to die.
>>
>>59507409
>>59507391
Unironically worked on my machine.
Tried Ubuntu (the friendliest Linux distro etc etc) before and had trouble using lots of Windows programs through PlayOnLinux and the power manager would regularly shit the bed. Moved on to Win10 on release day and everything worked fine, the only annoying thing were the updates
>>
>>59507432
Very close. Please uninstall Linux while you still can.
>>
>>59507462
Good for you retard, go "unironically" play some bideo gaymes.
>>
File: 1489026399276.jpg (41KB, 681x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489026399276.jpg
41KB, 681x960px
>>59507462
I want to know how many linux programs work on windows even throught any emulator idiot
>>
>>59507488
I have an Xbox for the occasional game. I needed Photoshop to run on Ubuntu but it wouldn't reliably
>>
>>59507498
Who needs Linux programs though? One of the main arguments of /g/ users who push Linux is that you can still run Windows programs on Linux. I fell for that.
Without Windows programs, linux is completely useless to a regular user.
>>
>>59507500
bullshit, you didn't need it for shit, use windows if you like it, who cares. Don't sit here and tell me things that are retared and use words like unironically unironically.
>>
>>59507518
That's not really the argument though, that's just what you expect when you hear about how things just werk. It's a bit misleading I guess, I don't even see the point in trying to convince normies to use linux, who the fuck even cares?
>>
>>59507523
Sure, I could have probably used GIMP, but I don't want to have to inconvenience myself just to have some nerd cred for running Linux.
Things like that is why the year of linux is never coming
>>
>>59507535
I'm with you on this. Trying to popularize Linux with the mainstream crowd is like trying to teach your grandpa how to install a custom ROM on his phone. It's useless and he will never get it fully.
However, many people on /g/ do dream about Linux taking over on the desktop
>>
>>59507551
>Things like that is why the year of linux is never coming
No you being retarded is not why. It being a retarded concept is why. Who the fuck cares how much market penetrtion it fucking has, who is buying it, who is getting payed? Year of the Linux is a retarded meme I agree, Linux is already in enough places.
>>
>>59507586
Ok so why am I retarded for choosing an OS that is easier to use and more reliable, from what I have experienced?
>>
>>59507609
You're not, you're retarded for buying into the year of the linux meme, I guess. Don't take offense I like saying retard.
>>
>>59507619
Yeah I'm not gonna get offended by that, I'm not new to 4chan
>>
File: file.png (791KB, 1197x674px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
791KB, 1197x674px
>>59507249
>listening to loonix freetards
Everyone who works in any industry uses Windows 7.
>>
>>59507518
I use windows programs on windows (altought only because they are cracked for windows mainly) also many programs have native linux support and many CLIs i get used to and that do a shit in very convenient and easy way are just not present on window. Thats why I dualbood depending if i design and draw in Solidedge or programing in C/Python. I find freecad and some alternatives retarded too and dont push anyone to loonix but its very autistic say that loonix is shit bcs muh games and windows programs
>>
>>59507670
>maya
>implying software that was not released for linux
>comparing software instead of OSes

>>listening to loonix freetards
Why do you hate us so much? If all software you use will be released for linux, it'll be much better for you too. Linux is better for everyone, at least because it's free. It's strange how slaves defend their masters. Why do you do this?
>>
>>59507518
> Without Windows programs, linux is completely useless to a regular user.
Wrong, regular users use only browser, file manager and video player.
>>
File: 1473935909273.jpg (223KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1473935909273.jpg
223KB, 1200x1200px
>>59507249
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.