[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Current state of discord right now. Who was it that said cloud

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

Current state of discord right now. Who was it that said cloud centralized services were completely superior again
>>
I usually expect privately served/hosted services to be less reliable. Everyone experiences downtime now and again, though.
>>
>>59501532
>russian server goes online and the whole service goes down within a day
:thinking:
>>
>>59501532
They are pretty good mate. Maybe when you run a company you will see.
>>
>>59501568
Yeah, I dig that, but it's when ALL the service is out like this, you can't just jump into another chat on the service to pass the time...
>>
I can't hear you over the sound of my 99.9% uptime VPS mumble server
>>
File: a.png (34KB, 718x660px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
34KB, 718x660px
>>
File: shitcord.png (13KB, 639x96px) Image search: [Google]
shitcord.png
13KB, 639x96px
A crock of fucking shit is what it is.
>>
File: 1442293288164.jpg (5KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
1442293288164.jpg
5KB, 227x222px
>>59501532
>russian servers go up
>ours go down
>>
that's what you get for using the millenialcuck's irc
>>
>>59502024
Because IRC servers never go down?
>>
>tfw don't even have friends online

Sometimes at school I see people use features I've never seen or used before like the steam chat or the battle.net chat or fucking discord for that matter and I get jealous everytime ._.
>>
>>59501891
what moonrune language is this
>>
Then use matrix you whiner seriously shut up about your nonfree cancer.
>>
File: ebinDD.png (352KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ebinDD.png
352KB, 500x375px
>>59502057
finnish with a disgusting translation
>>
>ts3/mumble
>One person pays $5/mo to run 500+ people server

>Discord "free servers"
>Multiple people buy nitro for 5/mo because that's the only way to have more than 20 emotes (Which everyone else is fighting about)
>>
>>59502055
The fuck. Who the hell uses game client IRC's outside of gaming. I presume they're on their phones. The could be using a multitude of internet services that're more populated. Any not so specific.
>>
>>59502040
rarely, and when they do you just hop to another server on the network like nothing happened. The vast majority of networks run on mature, stable software, there's never any real issues on major networks.
>>
File: 1478046381374.png (264KB, 593x540px) Image search: [Google]
1478046381374.png
264KB, 593x540px
>This happened 12 hours after they launched Russian-based servers
>>
>>59502055
Anon I literally lost all my friends out of high school (but I was a dipshit and surrounded myself with stoners) and college buddies use that shit all day and it didn't bother me.

But ofc I also made more friends and met my wife in college so perhaps our situations change there.
>>
>>59502111
and yet, not a single reason to use irc over discord.
>>
>>59502109
some friends you only have in some things, like when I played an mmo, the friends I made there are largely just confined to that game, as we have a common goal. Sometimes they would talk about non game stuff, but largely it was shooting the shit while killing mobs and advancing.

If the client works, why move outside of the client if all you will do is talk to them inside the client?
>>
Don't see the point in discord

especially since teamspeak is still a thing
>>
>>59502093
I want to say most people who migrated over to discord are going there for 2 reasons

1) a very easy chat program with voice that requires no download, no bullshit, and anyone can effortlessly use it.

2) clients like skype in my case, fucked me over hard for no reason made me lose all my friends who I had no contact with outside of skype, and I needed something with both voice and text to replace it because literally go fuck yourself skype
>>
>>59502409
every other program would work for me, but for some reason teamspeak was the only one that refused to work and in the end, was told to format my computer to use it... said fuck that and never bothered again.
>>
File: 1414714200952.jpg (48KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1414714200952.jpg
48KB, 499x499px
>tfw still chatting on irc

who /comfy/ here?
>>
discord is a jewish botnet only used by degenerate homo SJW millennial jew-puppet /utg/ cucks.

here's hoping it stays down FOREVER
>>
>>59502368
less millennial
less degenerate
less jewish
less cucked
less Molochist
less gay anal guinea homo

kill yourself
die in a bus fire
die in a river
go back to /utg/, you cuck
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.