[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking X370 motherboards. Does anyone know whether the powerphases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: gigabyte_ax370_gaming_5_68[1].png (253KB, 1000x860px) Image search: [Google]
gigabyte_ax370_gaming_5_68[1].png
253KB, 1000x860px
Fucking X370 motherboards.
Does anyone know whether the powerphases of the gigabyte gaming 5 hold up to overclocking an r7 1700 to ~3.9ghz?
>>
6+4 power phases with heatsink, i think that will sure do what you ask.
>>
>>59497196

Yes. It's the same powerphase set up as the ASUS Crosshair 6.
>>
>stuck with asus prime x370 pro
>the firmware is shit
>currently available patch doesn't fix memory issues
>and actually introduces some new bugs
>released feb 28

last time I'm buying Asus shit

sorry for hijacking your thread OP
>>
>>59497196
6+4 are probably enough.

wait for hair autist pictorial reviews to verify if the components are up to the task. pester him him for AM4 content, Steve Burke is probably holding him back, he was very hyped for Ryzen but he didn't release much on it yet.
>>
>>59497442
Should have gotten the Asrock Taichi m8
>>
>>59497473
12+4 phases most likely.
even if they skimped on the vrms and chokes doubling it up should still keep it ahead.
>>
>>59497448
actually, he hasn't released anything on AM4 yet, apart from the g.skill mem kits piece.
Long hair faggot is ruining wild hair faggot.
>>
>>59497196
>>59497427

Long time out of the hardware game here, what's the difference between a 6+4 and a 10 powerphase design (what's the meaning of the +4)?
>>
>>59497697
6 for the cpu
4 for the igp

for the cpu, usually, the more the better. Kinda irrelevant for the igp, especially for Ryzen which don't even have igp's.
>>
>>59497196

gigabyte uses low quality VRM compared to ANUS.

Overall they're still better than ASUS
>>
>>59497768
Also anything is better when it comes to warranty if you compare it to ASUS.
>>
>>59497196
Power phases don't mean shit for Ryzen. You can clock to 4.0 Ghz all fucking day on a B350 board
>>
>>59497768

So what to choose then? Asrock?..B..B.Biostar??
>>
>>59497841
MSI, Gigabyte.
>>
>>59497841
asrock
>>
>>59497779

True, I work in a computer repair shop, and Asus just sent this laptop for the 8th time and keeps saying it works perfectly. (It freezes after 2 hours of diablo 3 and its a gaming laptop).

lol
>>
>>59497841
or wait for sapphire Mobos.
>>
>>59497196
Even a cheap $150 board can hold 3.9ghz
>>
>>59497916
I do too, people bring me a good amount of ASUS laptops (x540s for example) with minor problems because ASUS wants to charge $100 people to fix them since is not covered by the warranty, nothing is.

Atleast they survive unlike HP laptops with overheating problems.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.