[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amount of independent solo programmers becoming millionaire by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1392267899452.png (19KB, 193x243px) Image search: [Google]
1392267899452.png
19KB, 193x243px
Amount of independent solo programmers becoming millionaire by releasing games in Steam is staggering.
Despsite what media would tell that "very few games sells well", this is nothing compared to conventional businesses. How many people are in clothing business, how many tries to open restaurants? And that too they have shares to distribute when it is up and running.

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>59495224
>Why is this allowed?

Why is what allowed?

- programming?
- becoming a millionaire?
- releasing games?
- clothing businesses?
- restaurants?
- shares?
>>
>>59495224
Millionaire = piss poor in America.
>>
>>59495340
Some Jew needs to crack down on this.

What is the ideal scheme to minimize indie developers and prevent new indie devs?
> Really high % fees
> Awkward navigation interface for finding the indie games
> Making the Mainstream games way more visible in search results
> Reducing quality of previews
> Fee per client download
> Monthly hosting fee
> Make all of the free games stand out more than the paid games
>>
Distribution based on luck will inevitably cause outliers to emerge when the sample size is large.
>>
>>59495411
This. To "game" the system, you need to churn constant stream of low effort, simple games and hope one or two will become and meme. Talent is largely not involved.

Case in point: Flappy bird.
>>
>>59495454
Your argument is valid but it does not address the OPs core concern: Why is it allowed for independent solo developers to become millionaires by releasing games?
Why is this allowed?
How can we stop it?
>>
>>59495507
why stop it?
>>
>>59495400
what did you mean by this? sounds like steam to me
>>
>>59495524
To further prevent the capability of people to liberate themselves from the lower classes.
>>
>>59495543
>what did you mean by this?
I was hypothesizing on methods we could use to help prevent OPs problem.
>>
>>59495576
>>59495507

The problem is not limited to games. You can see it everywhere in the culture - music, film or even politics. 200 years ago, bandwidth was constrained to that of horse carriage. People minced words carefuly because bandwidth was so expensive. If you look at old culture, you notice everything is crystal clear and purposeful, with minimum bullshit. Limited bandwidth forces you to put effort to express a lot per your bandwidth investment.

Then the newspapers came. Then radio. Then television. Then the internet.

Each step you can notice culturral shift to churn out more crap, as attempts to "game" the system as I explained earlier became more and more profitable.

Nowadays, the bandwidth cost is essentialy zero. You can record a fart, put it on on the internet, and there's a small chance you'll be a millionaire next day.

The only way to stop it is to raise the cost of bandwidth again. Either by destroying the fast networks of today (ie regress), or space colonization (ie progress, but bandwidth limited by speed of light).

Watering of popular culture be damned. The more problematic is that "game of farts" is equally watering down human relationships (hola social networkss), politics (use farts as propaganda) and ultimately civilization ceases to function (watering the fields with Brawndo, because facebook poll decided it is a good idea).
>>
>>59495411
>luck
KYs
>>
This is bad because you see money will start to accumulate among few talented.
Girls will suck less cocks and men in general will become useless.
>>
>>59495751
EYS.
>>
>>59495224
Because Jews are superior to subhumans like you.
>>
>>59495751
>This is bad because you see money will start to accumulate among few talented.
EYS!!!
Explain YourSelf!!!
>>
Fuck off I'm still not a millionaire
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.